My New GT3.2..still waiting

That's cool AB, you'll still have time to drive to the Hanger Banger at Geelong to show off your new acquisition [emoji14]
Hasn't been ruled out although it could be quite late. Had been pushing for collection on Friday to facilitate both events.

Will see how long the delivery takes, weather and tolerance levels..... in that order!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice AB - I got the call yesterday that the car was coming to the dealer today. Haven't confirmed a pickup as yet although the SA said 3 days - sounds like I won't get the car till next week. Because I misunderstood the timeline I also won't be driving the car for another 3 weeks after that because my PPF install isn't happening till the 12th of Feb. Grrrrr.

Can never go wrong with GT silver AB !.  Nice build simple but athletically pleasing. Update on PFA build cars: (any other builds quietly coming along in background ? :))

AB_981-   GT Silver / Wing / PDK / Jan 18 / 

Sleazius – Sapphire Black / Wing / Manual / Feb 18 /  PJB71RR5

Turbo T Friend - White / Wing / PDK / Feb18

Karter34 – Black / Wing / Manual / Mar 18 / PJM16CK2

Ntg -   Miami Blue / Wing / Manual / April 18 / 

Oldmxnut – Chalk / Touring / Manual / May 18 / PJUUG4T0

Joe -  TBA

On 18/01/2018 at 4:54 PM, sleazius said:

Very nice AB - I got the call yesterday that the car was coming to the dealer today. Haven't confirmed a pickup as yet although the SA said 3 days - sounds like I won't get the car till next week. Because I misunderstood the timeline I also won't be driving the car for another 3 weeks after that because my PPF install isn't happening till the 12th of Feb. Grrrrr.

Mine was a few weeks earlier than originally expected, seems they are pumping the non touring cars out at pace.

What do you think of the car AB.. worth it ?  You coming from the Cayman or had a gt3 before ?   Whats the road noise like or do you forget it with the engine noise ?   Any regrets on your build that you would change ? 

First part of mine turned up the other day.. just waiting for the rest of it. :)

IMG_0467.jpg

8 hours ago, Oldmxnut said:

What do you think of the car AB.. worth it ?  You coming from the Cayman or had a gt3 before ?   Whats the road noise like or do you forget it with the engine noise ?   Any regrets on your build that you would change ? 

I think it is magnificent.  It Is hard not to just repeat all the other reviews I am sure we have all been immersing ourselves in over the past month.  Going for a proper drive today but the first 3 things that strike me are the noise(s), lightness and the way all the little things add up to making driving an event.  Obviously in the run in phase so nowhere near using all full range but the "bark" it gives on change up under load is spine tingling.  I can not wait to get it out on a track.  It will be interesting to hear / compare this part of the experience tithe manual cars. 

Only ever done. about 5km in a GT3 before (when looking at a 2nd hand .1) so it is a big step from the Cayman.  I have had some reasonably track focused cars from other brands but 5 minutes in the GT3 exposes them as heavily modified road cars, this feel like a lightly modified race car made complaint for the road. 

Is it worth it - that is very subjective and personal.  For me this has taken a long time to prepare for.  I am a big opportunity cost guy.  Getting this has required sacrifices to be made but it something that we both wanted.  I do not regret it.

I'll listen for road noise today but to he honest the engine is dominant.  Even highway cruising is quite loud. I thought I was prepared for the noise but I was surprised how loud it is, not too many conversations to be had!

On the build there were only a few things I was borderline on:

• Bose - didn't get it, glad now.  The base system is ok and this is not a car that is going to maximum acoustic output
  • Black wheels - it took a while for the dealer / wife to convince me on these.  In real life they look great.
  • Stitching - wife really wanted red, I held the line on platinum.  We are both happy with outcome
  • Build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKZCAM0

2 minutes ago, AB_981 said:

I think it is magnificent.  It Is hard not to just repeat all the other reviews I am sure we have all been immersing ourselves in over the past month.  Going for a proper drive today but the first 3 things that strike me are the noise(s), lightness and the way all the little things add up to making driving an event.  Obviously in the run in phase so nowhere near using all full range but the "bark" it gives on change up under load is spine tingling.  I can not wait to get it out on a track.  It will be interesting to hear / compare this part of the experience tithe manual cars. 

Only ever done. about 5km in a GT3 before (when looking at a 2nd hand .1) so it is a big step from the Cayman.  I have had some reasonably track focused cars from other brands but 5 minutes in the GT3 exposes them as heavily modified road cars, this feel like a lightly modified race car made complaint for the road. 

Is it worth it - that is very subjective and personal.  For me this has taken a long time to prepare for.  I am a big opportunity cost guy.  Getting this has required sacrifices to be made but it something that we both wanted.  I do not regret it.

I'll listen for road noise today but to he honest the engine is dominant.  Even highway cruising is quite loud. I thought I was prepared for the noise but I was surprised how loud it is, not too many conversations to be had!

• Bose - didn't get it, glad now.  The base system is ok and this is not a car that is going to maximum acoustic output
  • Black wheels - it took a while for the dealer / wife to convince me on these.  In real life they look great.
  • Stitching - wife really wanted red, I held the line on platinum.  We are both happy with outcome

Sounds like you're a very happy camper then AB, congratulations!!!!.  Bet you're not going to let the cat get near this car☺

18 hours ago, Oldmxnut said:

Can never go wrong with GT silver AB !.  Nice build simple but athletically pleasing. Update on PFA build cars: (any other builds quietly coming along in background ? :))

AB_981-   GT Silver / Wing / PDK / Jan 18 / 

Sleazius – Sapphire Black / Wing / Manual / Feb 18 /  PJB71RR5

Turbo T Friend - White / Wing / PDK / Feb18

Karter34 – Black / Wing / Manual / Mar 18 / PJM16CK2

Ntg -   Miami Blue / Wing / Manual / April 18 / 

Oldmxnut – Chalk / Touring / Manual / May 18 / PJUUG4T0

Joe -  TBA

I know of a Black in manual with PCCB, LWB and some other stuff that was shipped a week or so ago. Is due into  Melbourne port on Feb 22. Not mine though?

21 hours ago, AB_981 said:

A rather pleasant way to spend a few hours...

wz7HDHb.jpg

vUnW7P2.jpg\

AJw6gCk.jpg

f30EFCT.jpg

That  is one of the best Porsche colours af all time-Enjoy the new beast,

Now I'm wishing mine 3 weeks early,fingers crossed 

ntg

On 21/01/2018 at 7:42 PM, sleazius said:

My car is mia. Waiting for an update tomorrow!

Hope all is ok.

I have racked up over 500km, car will get a rest for a few days now.  Will sit down give some feedback in the next few days.

Only been pulled over once so far, very nice people. 

Car has been found - was held back in customs with another GT3 for who knows what reason. Delivery Wednesday at this stage - been comped some stuff for the inconvenience so I've got nothing to complain about.

Just hope customs didn't damage it :unsure:

35 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Car has been found - was held back in customs with another GT3 for who knows what reason. Delivery Wednesday at this stage - been comped some stuff for the inconvenience so I've got nothing to complain about.

It was probably with Tom's Tangy 

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

Maybe the custom fellas wanted to a pdk / manual comparison review...  post it on you tube.. :blink:

On 1/21/2018 at 7:51 AM, AB_981 said:

• Build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKZCAM0

Appreciate the thoughts, insights and point about sacrifices.  Nice to know both of you love the car which makes it worth it for sure.    The bose comment rings true.  I think I will feel the same but ended up ticking the bose option as it was one of a few options i thought (regardless of practical reality) would suit a 'touring" persona better.  Extended leather was the other. 

You saw it here first :huh:... I've been siting on my final build/design for a while.  But as "all" these GT3's turning up its making time go slow !! .  So I got some guys(NS2) to do a render of the build so I could finalise and hopefully picture.  They did great work.  A little bit ocd, but I put a bit of thought into different things like changing brake calliper colour to Signal Yellow.. its the little details you know.

2yPP8vf.jpg

26 minutes ago, Oldmxnut said:

You saw it here first :huh:... I've been siting on my final build/design for a while.  But as "all" these GT3's turning up its making time go slow !! .  So I got some guys(NS2) to do a render of the build so I could finalise and hopefully picture.  They did great work.  A little bit ocd, but I put a bit of thought into different things like changing brake calliper colour to Signal Yellow.. its the little details you know.

That looks amazing. Clearly a lot of thought has gone into getting it just right.  There is not one thing you have done that I don’t like, down to the black door handles. First car I have seen where they look immediately right. If the real thing turns out 90% of that you will have an amazing and unique car.

Love to see it in person once it arrives. 

Archived