My New GT3.2..still waiting

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sleazius said:

Phone pic so potato quality, but you get the idea.

wheels.jpg

Goddamnit that looks awesome.

Mines back with dealer for a little bit of work.. having withdrawal issues. I am happy for you but not helping me!

5 hours ago, sleazius said:

Phone pic so potato quality, but you get the idea.

wheels.jpg

Only one place to run it in this Sunday.... and it’s not the 12hr...........

try the cones at the MK  training day!

6 minutes ago, sleazius said:

I haven't got PPF on it yet (goes on the 10th) so I won't run it at the training day. So my option is I can bring it down for people to have a look. Or I can bring my 997 and actually drive. Decisions decisions.

hey it won’t get dirty, we run wet all day haha!

Ok then , the 997 is still sweet, but we’ll have to sign you up for the first MK comp day then.

see you Sunday 

1 minute ago, Asyd said:

hey it won’t get dirty, we run wet all day haha!

Ok then , the 997 is still sweet, but we’ll have to sign you up for the first MK comp day then.

see you Sunday 

Looking forward to it!

Just some quick observations in my extremely limited 40kms or so I've put on the car.

The car is loud. As in, what is the point of this radio loud - at least at 110km anyway. You can hear it, but you need to crank it. Only gets worse when you turn on the exhaust.

Its much bigger than a 997 but doesn't feel it when you sit inside it.

Engine is ridiculously responsive, but when not in sport mode you don't need to worry about it lurching off the line if you get it wrong. It sounds amazing, and is clearly the best part of this car. Haven't had it over 5000 yet but it's bloody loud then, 9000 is going to scream.

Clutch is very light. I don't have heaps of GT3 experience but driving my bro-in-laws series 1 996 GT3 is like driving a 50s truck in comparison.

Gearbox feels like a gem. Haven't driven it hard enough to say more than that.

Fixed buckets are miles better than I was expecting. I'm a bit of a unit (in the fat/tall sense not the buff one) and the seats are very comfortable which surprised me.

The thing that is hard to get use to is the steering. The car goes where you want it to go, ridiculously precise. It feels better at speed. But it's not the steering that I've been use to since the SC.

Can't wait to get some more time in the car.

Spec:

Jet Black Metallic

Black Leather & Alcantara /w Red

Black LED headlights

Privacy glass rear and sides

Sport Chrono

Wheels in Black Platinum /w Red stripe

Clubsport Pack

Steering Wheel and Gear select in leather

Full Bucket Seats

Smoking Package

Floor Mats

Steering Column casing Leather

Red decorative stitch

Carbon interior package

Reversing Camera

Light Design Package

Manual.

I wonder with the 992 if they'll make you option the steering wheel next :P

37 minutes ago, Oldmxnut said:

Very very nice Sleazius.  The metallic looks great.  Did you end up going red dev. stiching inside ? etc 

Hows the manual ? 

Yes to the stitch - see above about the manual. It feels very very nice, but I can't say much more than that as I've barely driven it.

Picked mine up again today, like a 2nd delivery so can't complain.

As I was there a new owner was collecting their Black GT3 - plates "GTNERO".  anyone here ... looked great.  Bit annoyed, it had Michelin but I have Dunlops.  Of course, I have no scientific evidence one is better than the other but do think the Michelin look better :Confused02:

Think it is pretty hard to mess up these cars with configuration (although a couple of the PTS I have seen online seem to be an acquired taste).

9 minutes ago, AB_981 said:

Picked mine up again today, like a 2nd delivery so can't complain.

As I was there a new owner was collecting their Black GT3 - plates "GTNERO".  anyone here ... looked great.  Bit annoyed, it had Michelin but I have Dunlops.  Of course, I have no scientific evidence one is better than the other but do think the Michelin look better :Confused02:

Think it is pretty hard to mess up these cars with configuration (although a couple of the PTS I have seen online seem to be an acquired taste).

The Dunlops should be toast by the time it`s run in anyway.

1 hour ago, AB_981 said:

Bit annoyed, it had Michelin but I have Dunlops.  Of course, I have no scientific evidence one is better than the other but do think the Michelin look better :Confused02:

Personal choice really. To me with bikes (have been told it's the same with cars too) Dunlops have always had the reputation of being more predictable with giving you a warning when near the limit of grip (same as Pirelli tyres), whereas Michelins have always had the reputation of a little higher level of grip with similar compounds, but then let go with not much warning

I'd much prefer Dunlops personally 

“This review bought to you by Kia Stinger”.

I guess we, and all the big UK reviewers, have it wrong.  No surprise really, this is the direction we are headed - self driving, silent, emotionless,  bland transport.

My desire. to do cafe runs, track days and Sunday cruising  has not been diminished.

My only confusion is why this was on motoring.com.au and not betterhomesandgardens.com.au .... must have been a posting error.

Archived