My New GT3.2..still waiting

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checked mine out at Porsche Gold Coast yesterday,one day before leaving for two weeks holidays so unfortunately I've only got 5 pictures of it in delivery wrapping and dirty to keep me sane.

Miami Blue is one fantastic colour,very happy and anthracite trim and Miami belts do the trick nicely,

paint correction and ppf while I'm away.. 

cant wait!!

On 3/23/2018 at 5:12 PM, Ntg said:

Checked mine out at Porsche Gold Coast yesterday,one day before leaving for two weeks holidays so unfortunately I've only got 5 pictures of it in delivery wrapping and dirty to keep me sane.

Miami Blue is one fantastic colour,very happy and anthracite trim and Miami belts do the trick nicely,

cant wait!!

Do you need the tyres kicked ;) Didnt you get cancellation insurance on the holiday?  I gotta pop by will insist my old bomb is serviced next to the royalty

What do you paint correct?

7 hours ago, symsy said:

Do you need the tyres kicked ;) Didnt you get cancellation insurance on the holiday?  I gotta pop by will insist my old bomb is serviced next to the royalty

What do you paint correct?

Needed a break so off to the blue mountains for climbing and hiking trip,even a new Gt3 couldn't stop me!

heard lots of reports about the not so good paint finish on the new P cars lately(not just Gt cars either)they all need a cut and detail to remove swirl marks so the guys at pcgc tell me!

surprising and disturbing  on a near $400k car!

your welcome to go kick,definitely worth a look.bummer is having to collect the car mid commonwealth games next week!

7 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Paint on mine needed correction also. Swirls all over the place.

Not sure what the process is at a PC but when I did a detailing course the facilitator mentioned the in-house detailer usually does the final polish before delivery. 

We also got told a story of a dealership in-house detailer that incorrectly applied a ceramic coating that subsequently wrote off the car!! :s

Not limited to P cars.  Our new AMG was not as well prepared as I would expect when delivered, marks and a scratch. It’s getting paint correction prior to being clear wrapped in a couple of weeks.

7 hours ago, Ntg said:

Needed a break so off to the blue mountains for climbing and hiking trip,even a new Gt3 couldn't stop me!

heard lots of reports about the not so good paint finish on the new P cars lately(not just Gt cars either)they all need a cut and detail to remove swirl marks so the guys at pcgc tell me!

surprising and disturbing  on a near $400k car!

your welcome to go kick,definitely worth a look.bummer is having to collect the car mid commonwealth games next week!

I will go , if you have a date and want someone to come and test the passenger seat fit and smell , let me know , I will come spectate you pulling out the drive way :) Enjoy the holiday

The fact that mine is black made it worse. Very easy to see them under the Porsche down lights. Either way mine went in for full Xpel so I had it corrected before it was covered.

Speaking of, haven't driven in a week. Going to take it for a run :D

I think most car buyers (including P car buyers) wouldn't notice bad paint preparation (not including obvious scratches) so the dealers don't try too hard.  The same car buyers take their cars for a wash at the local "hand" car wash and don't notice that when they drive out their shiny, clean car looks like a spider has spun a web on it

1 minute ago, D2000 said:

I think most car buyers (including P car buyers) wouldn't notice bad paint preparation (not including obvious scratches) so the dealers don't try too hard.  The same car buyers take their cars for a wash at the local "hand" car wash and don't notice that when they drive out their shiny, clean car looks like a spider has spun a web on it

+1 IMO there is a good chance the average consumer would have limited knowledge of swirl marks or even an "orange peel" paint job.

I've noticed particularly bad orange peel paint on new Toyotas, jeeps and Mazdas lately

10 hours ago, dan_189 said:

+1 IMO there is a good chance the average consumer would have limited knowledge of swirl marks or even an "orange peel" paint job.

I've noticed particularly bad orange peel paint on new Toyotas, jeeps and Mazdas lately

PCM has a "Magic Hands" (Asexual religiously agnostic race neutral)  car wash attendants inside the dealership - whenever I take a car in I have them write on the front screen in 30cm letters DONT WASH THIS CAR before I leave - ive made it clear if you wash my car you are going to be billed $1200 for paint correction - so far they have complied

6 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

PCM has a "Magic Hands" Taliban car wash inside the dealership - whenever I take a car in I have them write on the front screen in 30cm letters DONT WASH THIS CAR before I leave - ive made it clear if you wash my car you are going to be billed $1200 for paint correction - so far they have complied

Good call, I'm going to decline the wash next service.

5 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

PCM has a "Magic Hands" Taliban car wash inside the dealership - whenever I take a car in I have them write on the front screen in 30cm letters DONT WASH THIS CAR before I leave - ive made it clear if you wash my car you are going to be billed $1200 for paint correction - so far they have complied

I will have to write on my screen as just leaving instructions is not enough. Also PCM have use a caustic solution on the wheels which damaged the aluminum anodizing of my 2 piece brake center hubs and is bad for aluminum full stop. 

5 hours ago, Ozvino said:

Good mate is salesman at PCM and I asked him how many service customers have their cars washed there and he said nearly all!! No one EVER washes my cars except me or my expert detailer ....

5 hours ago, Ozvino said:

I have done the same with Pcb and will now be doing the same withGold Coast as well. I’ve given up servicing in Brisbane so I take the Gt3 and GTS to the Gold Coast for serving at the same time , but last 2 times by the time they get home 1/ both cars are black with tire shine from one end to the other 

2/ The wash if they got one was pathetic 

I’d always told Pcb never to wash my cars and now seems Gold Coast has gone down the same path. Can’t believe they struggle so much with the simple things. 

6 hours ago, Ozvino said:

If you are describing Sikhs as Taliban, that is terribly offensive. 

5 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

If you are describing Sikhs as Taliban, that is terribly offensive. 

Im not sure why you are bringing up Sikhs - I never made mention of them. 

Pashtun's and Sunni's aren't Sikhs

On 23/03/2018 at 4:12 PM, Ntg said:

cant wait!!

what PPF are you getting done?

7 hours ago, Redracn said:

I will have to write on my screen as just leaving instructions is not enough. Also PCM have use a caustic solution on the wheels which damaged the aluminum anodizing of my 2 piece brake center hubs and is bad for aluminum full stop. 

I do exactly that, leave the service adviser with my printed out list of exactly what is to be done and in the case of car wash - Not to be done as well as leave an A4 page on top of the dash with the words Do Not Wash or Clean. A lesson learnt a long time ago when my wheels were badly scratched and the car was more dirty after the dealer wash ?

Archived