My New GT3.2..still waiting

12 hours ago, sleazius said:

Sure, I had to ring around in the end. Either couldn't get people to pick up the phone, or couldn't get in. Ended up going with Sydney Premium Detailing in Castle Hill. There are only 3 authorised installers in Sydney, and one of them doesn't answer the phone, or return phone calls. Doesn't leave you with a lot of options.

Great, thanks will give them a try when the time comes, likely June/July. Post up some pics when you have it all done!

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I grew up in rural Victoria.  Remember the grass hopper plagues and also remember the fly wire mesh everyone had over the front of their cars.. Just like this.  So its a very retro this look ^^

I finally sorted leather choice for the buckets.  Going with a red kangaroo hide (darkish tan). Picked up a bunch of skins yesterday from the tannery after running a few samples past the upholster.  Also picked a dyed chalk/light grey couple for the piping edge. Going with a semi aniline finish.  It will show wear which is what I'm looking for but conversely can be conditioned/waxed also. Hopefully a well worn, well loved look rather then a ratty look.  Also don't know of any porsches running around with kangaroo covered seats.. :) 

In regards to the head rest logo.  Cant really decide.  My original design (shown on the render) has a GT3 and larger touring writing in yellow, but not sure. Chalk maybe ? per logo badge design maybe?... Any design / thought ideas out there ?   (yes ok, first world question, but it fills in the time. )

On 2/12/2018 at 10:00 PM, AB_981 said:

Sounds like mine will have a twin.

Did a long trip yesterday - I have found my first issue with the car ..... they attract and consume bugs at an alarming rate.  I thought last weekend was an anomaly due to the location I went.  The exact same thing happened again this weekend, the front grills were covered in bugs - they especially get caught in the corners of the black extensions / brake ducts.  Picking out crispy dead bugs is not fun.  I think I am going to have to work out how to drop the front undertray to clean it properly.  

Small price.

*cough* I personally find you mostly get a lot of bug splat when comfortably above the open road speed limit.  But only on closed roads and with a professional driver of course.

14 hours ago, Redracn said:

Thats not a big collection!

Country boys are hard to impress ;).

3 hours ago, ANF said:

Could be...

How's this "There will be no test drives . A deposit must be left before inspection"

'The car was not what owner was expecting as it drives differently than he expected'

Maybe a test drive is warranted.!  Else 2nd owner flip due to 'drives differently than he expected'

On 07/02/2018 at 10:43 PM, Karter34 said:

Now I am of the belief warm the car up and then drive it so It been belted from 25kms on the clock . It free's up the engine. Car was too boring under 4000 revs.

If it is Karters car not sure if any test driver is going to be any harder on it?

9 hours ago, D2000 said:

Surprised  he didn't take me up on my offer of a swap, maybe he didn't have my number......?

On 10 February 2018 at 9:53 AM, DJM said:

Noisy and stiff Is what you want?  Flip it for a profit and go buy a 996.1 GT3 for $250k less ?

Or fancy a swap for a GT4?  I'd be happy to comfortably cruise around in this for a while.

Hi karter, did you really sell your car or just teasing ?

But if its not the car for you then its not the car. Simple as that. No point parking it in the garage and being disappointed so probably right call if you did sell now then wait 12 months. 

Now is the time to sell if you don't like it, demand will never be this hot again.

Personally the car is so far beyond my capabilities I don't need a better car than this. Its killing me that I don't have the car at the moment. It went in on Monday for XPEL and I likely won't see it till next Monday. Then I have to go back to Porsche to deal with the cup holders. Its so much fun to drive I just want it back now.

Hi karter, did you really sell your car or just teasing ?
But if its not the car for you then its not the car. Simple as that. No point parking it in the garage and being disappointed so probably right call if you did sell now then wait 12 months. 

It's sold. Post on a different forum. TBH the best outcome. Car wasn't what Karter34 had hoped and someone else got a car. He didn't play games, sold it at sticker.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, AB_981 said:

It's sold. Post on a different forum. TBH the best outcome. Car wasn't what Karter34 had hoped and someone else got a car. He didn't play games, sold it at sticker.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hi guys 

Sold  it back to porsche Willoughby at what I paid for it . They were happy to take it back at list  and on sell at list . They were happy To offer someone else will love it more, and   I believe has taken delivery  

it was about respect for the dealer and the product , I'm not wanting to make $$ on the car. 

Issue for me was gearing too tall for my liking as 2nd gear 128kmph. And wife not keen on a manual 

very compliant around town which I can see as an advantage though for a low mileage once a month driver I wanted to be wary of the beast .  I wanted a car very responsive down low .

i need v8 turbo power or gt2rs for absolute happiness, I was not in love .

So for me to get it in its happy place it needs revs over 5000.

i loved the spec though, I configured the best car I have ever seen. It was a work of art . 

I have some crazy eddies bolster protectors available if anyone wants them they owe $817.00 on there way from US.

silver stitching for bucket seats .

As far as deposit before inspection , no way was I going to let some one ogle at a car waste my time for something that is unobtainable to them.I sold a twin turbo last time,  too many looker wannabe's around promising deals . . Even some idiot yesterday offered to take it then vanished. Until called out and called me a wanker. 

1 hour ago, Karter34 said:

i need v8 turbo power or gt2rs for absolute happiness, I was not in love .

So for me to get it in its happy place it needs revs over 5000.

i loved the spec though, I configured the best car I have ever seen. It was a work of art . 

I have some crazy eddies bolster protectors available if anyone wants them they owe $817.00 on there way from US.

silver stitching for bucket seats .

As far as deposit before inspection , no way was I going to let some one ogle at a car waste my time for something that is unobtainable to them.I sold a twin turbo last time,  too many looker wannabe's around promising deals . . Even some idiot yesterday offered to take it then vanished. Until called out and called me a wanker. 

Don't put money down on a new RS then, it will be virtually the same car. Wait for something with Turbo.

I would have taken the bolster protectors if they were red stitch, bugger.

You made the right choice, no point having a $385k car in the drive if it doesn't make you happy.

29 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Don't put money down on a new RS then, it will be virtually the same car. Wait for something with Turbo.

I would have taken the bolster protectors if they were red stitch, bugger.

You made the right choice, no point having a $385k car in the drive if it doesn't make you happy.

I have an order on an RS and cancelled it today for 992GT2 or 992 turbo GT3RS 

Archived