Trolley jack & jack stand recommendations

hugh

I'm feeling the need to purchase a new trolley jack and am seeking any advice and/or recommendations. Brand, price point, where to buy etc. 

While we are on the subject, a new set of jack stands wouldn't be a bad idea so any advice on these would also be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance! 

Hi Hugh I bought mine from Performance Wholesale in Brisbane. Not sure on brand, both jack and stands are full alloy, Jack is vey low profile, approx 50mm and a long snout that is at that height. Always better to be as low as possible in my book. Had them both for about 10 years and no issues with a lot of use. Check their web site, they supply a lot of gear for sprint car guys. If you want pics etc can share via pm.

See if someone chimes in with something more local.

Good luck, chances are you will buy something lower in the future !

I have a Kincrome 2000kg which has worked well for me for 7 or 8 years, strongly recommend getting a decent quality trolley jack as I had one fail on me and it was a pain the butt.

Bahco is I believe owned by Snap On tools and seems to have good feedback on quality control so Symsy's recommendation could be a good one.

If you ever in doubt also on height , I have a pair of these,  so light a 2 year old could pick em up , way better than bits of wood to fall over .

LOW RISE RAMPS FOR TROLLEY JACK LOWERED CAR (5000kg capacity, Lightweight) 

http://www.streetfx.com.au/product/low-rise-ramps-for-trolley-jack-lowered-car-5000kg-capacity-lightweight-home-garage-or-race-day/  $79 bucks on special

I use mine most of the time although since buying bahco less as  , fits under the turbo and the GT3 no problems , I used it to get under the low cross member  on the Esky

Great for loading also trailers and curbs etc 

Current ebay listing inc postage 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BAHCO-TOOLS-2T-RACING-ALUMINIUM-HYDRAULIC-TROLLEY-WORKSHOP-JACK-BH1A2000-SP-KC-/281217818929?epid=1741105144&hash=item4179e36131:g:Z6EAAOSwZtJW-Pz1

Arcan aluminium 1800kg trolley jack from......wait for it........Costco.  Under $200, fits under low cars, I've had one for a while (recommended by my mate Craig who has had one longer than me and always does his research).  Hard to beat on value

as for axle stands, I'd go for threaded type.  Pin type can be a pain if the ideal height is between pin holes.

Also found this:

+1 on the Bahco racing aluminium low profile jack

I also have a couple of pairs of  raceramp race stands that are about 75mm high so fit under the gt3 to give you that little extra room for my other ancient jack.

for stands I really liked the look of the jackpoint jackstands for things like tyre changes and brake work but the shipping quote was round the us$200 mark for a pair which made them a bit expensive 

Arcan aluminium 1800kg trolley jack from......wait for it........Costco.  Under $200, fits under low cars, I've had one for a while (recommended by my mate Craig who has had one longer than me and always does his research).  Hard to beat on value

as for axle stands, I'd go for threaded type.  Pin type can be a pain if the ideal height is between pin holes.

I also use an Arcan jack and it has worked well for me the last few years.

Has anyone tried the Esco jack stands? They seem like good quality.

I also use an Arcan jack and it has worked well for me the last few years.

Has anyone tried the Esco jack stands? They seem like good quality.

Yes, I have a set, very stable and good adjustment range. Not the cheapest, but not something you want to go cheap and cheerful.

Yeah, nah you don’t want to eat the shit they serve.  $60 membership required but I can get you in......haha.  Be prepared, you might leave with 5kg Nutella and 1,000 toilet rolls!  Or a 50 pack of highlighters.  Or a 3 pack of Tracky Daks.  Weird joint but good jacks.  They don’t always have stock so check online before driving to Ringwood (or Moorabbin or Docklands).  Watch out for trolleys into doors too ??. It a a different world

I have no idea if this brand is any good but "Total Tools" has got a special on in their latest catalogue for a "TTi" 2000kg low profile trolley jack for $169 PLUS two bonus axle stands valued at $52.95. Seems pretty good value to me. Picture says "suitable for lowered vehicles - 85-455mm range." Anybody used a TTi jack before? 

My daughter's partner had a rather expensive aluminum trolley jack. He thought it was great, until it collapsed sideways while he was changing a wheel bearing on a trailer.  Luckily for him, the trailer was connected to the car, so it couldn't go far. No LTI.  The morale of the story is use a jack stand, and avoid aluminum trolley jacks.

Archived