Alternative ways to find my first Porsche

Manual and Guards Red.
There were a few things that attracted me to the car... one was it's history, which resonates with me.
The owner is great guy - I really enjoyed chatting with him and hearing about all of the work that has been put into the car over the years.

The car is apparently very low mileage - however I'm yet to confirm that - I'm just going on the owner's word.

The price was something I could not pass up. There are other aspects of the car that still might come back to bite me - but I was prepared to take a gamble based on what I saw and the fact that I believe the owner was truly genuine.  I hope that I'm not proven wrong.  I will spill my guts about the entire story on Saturday night. With a truck load of photos. :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, AdRock said:

Manual and Guards Red.
There were a few things that attracted me to the car... one was it's history, which resonates with me.
The owner is great guy - I really enjoyed chatting with him and hearing about all of the work that has been put into the car over the years.

The car is apparently very low mileage - however I'm yet to confirm that - I'm just going on the owner's word.

The price was something I could not pass up. There are other aspects of the car that still might come back to bite me - but I was prepared to take a gamble based on what I saw and the fact that I believe the owner was truly genuine.  I hope that I'm not proven wrong.  I will spill my guts about the entire story on Saturday night. With a truck load of photos. :)

Nice choice.  Just tell us two of the following two things.  Body style & year...;)

-Kp0RRWFVg-c1j-Ktmafo589pp6j6wO8L-kXHLMz

1983 911 Manual Cab.
What a day!! 
Imported from Japan approx 10 years ago. 88000km's apparently. 
Gorgeous car.  Needs quite a bit doing... mostly interior and electrics due to L to R conversion. 
Still needs to be engineer certified and RWC before I can go for a spin - but here's hoping drive day isnt too far away!  
One happy little vegemite over here.... 

16 minutes ago, AdRock said:

-Kp0RRWFVg-c1j-Ktmafo589pp6j6wO8L-kXHLMz

1983 911 Manual Cab.
What a day!! 
Gorgeous car.  Needs quite a bit doing... mostly interior and electrics due to L to R conversion. 
Still needs to be engineer certified and RWC before I can go for a spin - but here's hoping drive day isnt too far away!  

Sounds like you brought it??

4 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Hhahaa I used to get told off for lack of attention to my teachers lectures, still paying no attention to the convo ... a Saturday night and whisky will do that:Confused02: 

Sorry mate. I hate being a spelling nazi, but that one is one of my pet hates ?

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

hate being a spelling nazi, but that one 

Sorry Lee, no comma before but ....  hahahaa I'm a bit of a spelling nazi as well, mostly English spelling vs American spelling ...who gives a fuch, we're all literate and know what we're saying:Beer:

25 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Sorry Lee, no comma before but ....  hahahaa I'm a bit of a spelling nazi as well, mostly English spelling vs American spelling ...who gives a fuch, we're all literate and know what we're saying:Beer:

Definately know wat you meen mate. Drives me nuts 

-Kp0RRWFVg-c1j-Ktmafo589pp6j6wO8L-kXHLMzAdSzw-1KgnadIJItKBXpi0jKL-ZFuN8Fyjgf4W1Bo7kXgEhmX_cb6i7HYB8_8L2DRYn6lvWHxXkUH0I5j140-tKyhhuzA8oCuUGsvWhxKbsDSy5h1rOBXhx9FTnNYeYHS4u4-W-uHh7O_o3unLzLcV_6BbRR98o6lKHLxSi4bhaTms6YFtjHCAMRM6dMTW7WKGsgzlEqp5czUcBWMf_gcL6Gvx5an2JP8tv7P-aR0hTPpNAIdzfb5Tjm0714WHhmQCpCFu26PfzRay_QOXDpJegSs36QFXV18OKO4SJ09qkHxGOBRzOZZvdjxVaokIZewTT6UIkzDTu22cMziRtQL-JBy0vvJxPvx_b_KjL3jD_0afe_jNNNFBji-sOITwQILsPPIvJCTPUHE6s7IwxAtE3L3uE2Zhd0jNsTTVju4d2nAq-NOGzyOaIuo3kBZOTWyjkJ50mgzSE7Sdz_0Pt6QhFgmQTivVDxQfdRBplW0XE1KQcFsL-PX9cYd24JXokVVXMJdZ3DeJmed8rmAvJ6MyPkQy3woTpveyeXlYTR206lP_9CICNV7gGftmApj7a4=w2142-h1606-no

1983 911 Manual Cab.
What a day!! 

Looks great, congratulations! Sounds like the off market (well off CS and scumtree) is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everybody... I've started up a 'build thread'. Please check it out over here:

Thanks again to everybody for their input on how I could find my first Porsche! In the end - I found it through my wanted ad on Gumtree!

So, despite me bagging Scumtree in a previous post, it ended up coming through with the goods! 

10 hours ago, AdRock said:

Hey everybody... I've started up a 'build thread'. Please check it out over here:

Thanks again to everybody for their input on how I could find my first Porsche! In the end - I found it through my wanted ad on Gumtree!

So, despite me bagging Scumtree in a previous post, it ended up coming through with the goods! 

Great ?I had one just like it. Miss the cab days.

Archived