Stolen Porsche 944 turbo and its parts

Hi Guys,

As you may or may not know a customer of ours Shane runs a 1986 Porsche 944 turbo that we prepared for targa, after completing targa West he returned to store the car at a kennards storage facility in Penrith where it was stolon only a few days later. I can't say too much about the car at the moment but i want to put a post out there with a few very identifiable parts if they hit the market or if any of you guys know someone that has been offered them. MCS shocks and springs. We have about 6 cars running these and to be honest there would maybe be one or 2 more sets in aus. Genuine Fuchfelge 17x9 rims 5 in total. Again these are pretty rare in Australia. Custom control arms. Recaro Pole position seats. There is a heap of custom parts on this car but i figure they would try and sell these items first. It was stolen on a Nevco trailer as seen in the pictures and we can only assume the thieves were after the trailer as the car is very identifiable

If you guys see any of these items out there please let us know. 

02 9948 2651

Regards

Sean 

DSC_2375.JPG

DSC_0464.JPG

DSC_2390.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0381.JPG

DSC_0424.JPG

Shane951.jpg

53150275_10214316222558798_3249681116394684416_n.jpg

DSC_1697.JPG

DSC_1712.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very sad to see. I hope nobody on this forum ended up buying parts off this car. These people will get what is coming to them I am sure. 

How on earth did they make off with the car and trailer and there was no video evidence on cctv at the Kennards storage facility? At the very least if they went through the fence there must have been cameras on the exits even if they didn't use a pass code and if t hey did use a pass code how did they get it. Insane. 

2 minutes ago, LeeM said:

@Harold996tt I thought that myself. How was there no CCTV? Sounds a bit suss to me 

Exactly mate. Was it a bloody inside job? Whilst nothing is perfectly safe... Kennards should have more than enough security to dissuade these scum bags or at least provide some leads as to who it was. I mean if they can't give any sort of evidence to help investigations it means anyone who uses them for storage may as well place their stuff out on the roadside. 

1 hour ago, firstone said:

The trouble with camera's and locks is thieves know they are there.

Use a stolen car and a hoody and a battery angle grinder?

They do this stuff around here.

Shame on the theives and buyers.

So they had exactly how much time to just hook up a trailer under camera... No motion sensors etc and after office hours. And bring a car into the facility to pull the trailer as well as out of the same facility unnoticed by the system? Insane.... Like I said no point storing a car at a joint like that if so. 

Looking at the pics of remaining car, they have selectively taken bits. They will show up eventually.

Lets see if we can catch the scum bags.

I lived in Penrith for a short time, my company car was attempted stolen twice. Was a falcon Ute with hidden kill switch- std company issued for Sydney western suburbs at the time. Thieves had a master key for the car, was told this when I reported it to Police- no damage on locks. Found the car a couple of hundred metres down the road, doors wide open and ignition on. Put my key in, flicked the kill switch and drove it back home. Everything inside the car was gone.

Only was to solve the problem was to move away.

Nothing has changed.

Lets keep an eye 👁 out for the parts.

17 hours ago, Jason A said:

Looking at the pics of remaining car, they have selectively taken bits. They will show up eventually.

Lets see if we can catch the scum bags.

I lived in Penrith for a short time, my company car was attempted stolen twice. Was a falcon Ute with hidden kill switch- std company issued for Sydney western suburbs at the time. Thieves had a master key for the car, was told this when I reported it to Police- no damage on locks. Found the car a couple of hundred metres down the road, doors wide open and ignition on. Put my key in, flicked the kill switch and drove it back home. Everything inside the car was gone.

Only was to solve the problem was to move away.

Nothing has changed.

Lets keep an eye 👁 out for the parts.

I am guessing you are right Jason, even if someone was busting into a storage facility in Penrith, it would not be so out of the ordinary and that may be why no one cared to notice or report anything even if taking the car and the trailer was an obvious theft. Really hope the parts get spotted and the idiots get busted.

I was on a building site years ago in a new development area. Materials were delivered all day to various site around us. A truck turned up one day to pick up a frame and trusses that had been delivered the day before. Nobody took notice as it seemed like they belonged. 

Oops

Its very sad indeed, Shane is going to buy it back so we can put her back together. There is a lot of parts missing, The suspension/wheels and brakes have not been found yet. Some panels ended up in Adelaide. 

Time for an update on the theft. The car was missing from the Kennards storage for some 8 days before being reported stolen. It was only reported missing when a worker at Kennards was checking CCTV for another theft and they noticed sparks from an oxy set some time in the early morning. As the story goes a passcode was used to gain access to the kennards facility and what is believed to be a commodore with stolen number plates accessed another storage unit and pulled out an oxy set and begun to remove the wheel lock and hitch lock on Shanes nevco trailer. This is where it gets interesting. The thieves then released that the commodore did not have a tow ball and could not tow the car and trailer away. Then then left and returned with a prado with stolen number plates and took the trailer and car. Police went back through the last year of when that particular passcode was used and sure enough the prado was used to gain access. The thieves mother , owned the prado and the storage locker where the oxy set was kept. The police knew that the son was in possession of the prado but needed more evidence. The police tried for a month to get the mother in for questioning and she only finally appeared when they threatened her with breaching a good behaviour bond which she was on. Then unbelievably on the day before she was to be interviewed i got a message in the early morning that the car had been put on gumtree, a quick call to Shane and the police and they got in process a search warrant for the property in Cabramatta where the car was believed to be. All they found was the bonnet but the guy gave up someone else at liverpool and they found the car. its in a pretty sad state but i think if Shane can get it cheap enough then we can help him put it back together. Its got a engine still in it but everything else is pretty much gone. 

The son was picked up a month or so ago in another stolen car and admitted he stole the 944 and trailer. now serving 8 months

17 minutes ago, Buchanan Automotive said:

The son was picked up a month or so ago in another stolen car and admitted he stole the 944 and trailer. now serving 8 months

Unfortunately the prick is now inside getting tips off the other experts on how to do it better next time!

Glad everyone acted quickly and found the culprit, so many go without a conviction.

Brother in-law house was robbed by 3 x17 yo took his BMWX5 he had the car app with find my car running so they found it. Cops caught the guys within a few days returning to the car to use for another job. They have been in juvenile detention for 3 months playing x box and learning more.  Apparently they were well known and now linked to a crime spree but being <18 will get a wrist slap 🙄

Thanks so much for the update. Absolutely disgusting but expected when we hear about the mother. Appears that kennards was indeed providing as much info as they could and the fact it was an inside job is disturbing. But at least the clowns got caught... But only 8 months. Sigh. 

I really hope no one knowingly buys a single part off this car. 

9 hours ago, firstone said:

I was on a building site years ago in a new development area. Materials were delivered all day to various site around us. A truck turned up one day to pick up a frame and trusses that had been delivered the day before. Nobody took notice as it seemed like they belonged. 

Oops

Same happens regularly here in SA.

Bloke had a delivery round with a pantec truck and used to deliver kitchens to new homes. 

The builders couldnt work out how they were getting pinched usually the day after they were delivered, until one night after a kitchen delivery they camped in the house next door and caught the delivery bloke nicking everything and doing cash jobs on the side

6 hours ago, Buchanan Automotive said:

The police tried for a month to get the mother in for questioning and she only finally appeared when they threatened her with breaching a good behaviour bond which she was on. 

Just goes to show that the apple never falls far from the tree. Scum

Seriously, they should shoot this feral element of society, not lock them up for a few months or worse, home detention. Where I'm working tomorrow, I've been told to ensure my van is locked up and work inside the house and lock myself inside due to the scum that lives in the area always knocking tradies tools off and stealing all the copper plumbing and wiring. I arrived onsite at a nice area 2 weeks ago and the house was trashed. The kitchen and nearly every inside wall and door was damaged after they gained entry through a hole they made in the roof in the carport. Nothing stolen, just senseless vandalism

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

Same happens regularly here in SA.

Bloke had a delivery round with a pantec truck and used to deliver kitchens to new homes. 

The builders couldnt work out how they were getting pinched usually the day after they were delivered, until one night after a kitchen delivery they camped in the house next door and caught the delivery bloke nicking everything and doing cash jobs on the side

First custom home we built after starting business in 2006.  A pair of timber bifold doors, each 3.6m x 2.4m got delivered on a Friday afternoon.  My business partner and I called into the site that evening and wrestled them onto the slab and well into the house frame to be installed on the Monday when the carpenters returned.  I happened to live in the next street, drove past next morning at 9am after kids swimming.  Doors were gone.....couldn't believe it, they'd need a decent truck and 3 or 4 blokes to lift them. CCTV at the estate entrance showed a white truck 10pm at night leaving the estate but no details, no rego.....We suspected the delivery driver for sure but there was no evidence so cops never pursued it.   Happens all the time in new estates, thankfully we build in established areas these days and theft is almost non existent.  

Bastards........consequences are not enough to discourage the upside of selling the spoils.  8 months for flogging and destroying someone's pride and joy?  They should also dock any income he earns until the damage is paid for, however long it takes as a matter of principle.

@DJM Like all thieves, theyll plead poverty and get away without paying a cent. I'd love to catch someone stealing anything from me...

'Sir, why does he have so many broken bones?' 

'He tripped over when I was chasing him officer' 

That's justice to me, not the legal system. The scumbag that stole this 944 will probably get out early to be back out stealing with his feral mother 

So the car went for auction today and unfortunately Shane missed out. It went above his price point eventually selling for somewhere in the $11,000 range. I would guess the purchaser would be looking to part whats left of it as from what i saw it may be too far gone to bring back without either a spare car or lots of 2nd hand parts.

The end to a pretty sad saga 

Regards

Sean

6 hours ago, Buchanan Automotive said:

So the car went for auction today and unfortunately Shane missed out. It went above his price point eventually selling for somewhere in the $11,000 range. I would guess the purchaser would be looking to part whats left of it as from what i saw it may be too far gone to bring back without either a spare car or lots of 2nd hand parts.

The end to a pretty sad saga 

Regards

Sean

Thanks for the update. A very sad conclusion.