COVID-19 and the Porsche marketplace

Big thread .. how’s the art .. AKA cars that can’t move .. I’m buying , monies a waste in the bank. M, I would rather stare at it . Whats the the consensus market softened by 10 percent on the booming AC cars ?  

In other markets I have seen top prices on well restored and solid provenance bikes from people who wanna flick and liquidation prices of -30 percent this month 

Views .. economy on the street is what I wanna know ? 

doesn’t appear to be a wholesale shift in the market yet.  Some front runners cutting prices (like the black 991.2 RS and red GT4 in other threads).  But limited signs of desperation so far.

probably depends how long it drags on and how long people can stave off the wolves before they are forced to offload.  Lots won’t need to sell ever but for sure some will.  If enough do then they’ll be fighting over limited buyers and “stay home” orders which make it tough for anyone other than opportunistic sight unseen buyers.  I’ve always been that guy so I’m watching and waiting.  

But in answer to your question.....NFI 😂

21 hours ago, symsy said:

Big thread .. how’s the art .. AKA cars that can’t move .. I’m buying , monies a waste in the bank. M, I would rather stare at it . Whats the the consensus market softened by 10 percent on the booming AC cars ?  

In other markets I have seen top prices on well restored and solid provenance bikes from people who wanna flick and liquidation prices of -30 percent this month 

Views .. economy on the street is what I wanna know ? 

Street economics reflects  profit is an opinion, cash flow represents facts.  By the end of August, financial reports ( full year / half year  results ( cash flow statements) will need to submitted for the wolves to  run their virtual rulers over.  That could   lead to equity raising spike #2 when boffins at the Millionaires factory get the capital raising engagements. Based on their broker reports   Share prices get diluted, new margin loan LVR's on stocks   based on weak earnings / weak balance sheet means LVR'S on margin loans go up into buffer zones just before the margin call messages come in strong.    No access to home equity means the toys got to go when the in  buffer messages hit inboxes  .  My street tip is those sitting on the fence need to get the word out.   Been poo poo'd by many on here but your  cards  need to be put on table to become  a defacto wholesaler.  Get you KFC style ads of ring me /DM  me and take my money for the model you want and your max buy price.  Eg gumtree, porsche clubs across the states, and social media classified sections0.   Let google algo's do the work for you  on carefully crafted  ads.   WTB 991.X.GT3  XX. Offers up to  AUD $xxx,000.

I have three buy orders out @smit2100  three different marques , let’s see what rolls in .. still some high expectations out there , I can tell ya that .

I have just said to one seller .. let’s start with the get real price as the AC boom has been over for sine time and then let’s look at 10 percent .. cos my money’s good 😯

2 hours ago, symsy said:

I have three buy orders out @smit2100  three different marques , let’s see what rolls in .. still some high expectations out there , I can tell ya that .

I have just said to one seller .. let’s start with the get real price as the AC boom has been over for sine time and then let’s look at 10 percent .. cos my money’s good 😯

Only 10% haircut? Unlike you to go for such a minor trim @symsy!

5 hours ago, DJM said:

10% off the “get real” price methinks

Of course,  but really it’s a time when some  nice things are hitting the off market grapevine , which is more of a significant thing than than the price.  long held gems  are intriguing . 

8 hours ago, DJM said:

10% off the “get real” price methinks

Keep in mind some tyre kickers are more persuasive at establishing a lower  "get real " price compared to others methinks.   Is the 10% off  just the off the books equivalent to a current market consignment fee invoice  rate  for when you don't have an ABN, but found a buyer for the seller.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DJM said:

Extract."This means two things. The first is to assume that the person you’re dealing with knows as much about the vehicle as you do, and understands the market well. They’re not going to be open to a dramatic lowball offer, and taking that approach might very well end the conversation."

Re orange ruffy- 997 gt3.  I wasn't aligned with the 2nd thing, eg understands the WOVR market well.   But appears you can relate to the last sentence. 

^^ never said i agreed with the "ethics".  Posted the article without comment.  😷

Being of Scottish heritage, I have no issue with a low ball offer.  Don't be offended, if they reject, meh.  If they accept, then it works for them as they free up some cash and works for me because i buy at a price i like.  Everyone is happy.  Just need to find the right candidate for that sort of a chat.  You figure out pretty quickly those who feel offended and move on.  Never push the issue. 

A case in point, I'm sure Mr Orange Ruffy 997 GT3 most likely still owns his car or he quietly offloaded at or below what i suggested it was worth. Whatevs bruh.  He should have taken what i told him, i'd offer less today - Covid  & all.

23 minutes ago, DJM said:

^^ never said i agreed with the "ethics".  Posted the article without comment.  😷

Being of Scottish heritage, I have no issue with a low ball offer.  Don't be offended, if they reject, meh.  If they accept, then it works for them as they free up some cash and works for me because i buy at a price i like.  Everyone is happy.  Just need to find the right candidate for that sort of a chat.  You figure out pretty quickly those who feel offended and move on.  Never push the issue. 

A case in point, I'm sure Mr Orange Ruffy 997 GT3 most likely still owns his car or he quietly offloaded at or below what i suggested it was worth. Whatevs bruh.  He should have taken what i told him, i'd offer less today - Covid  & all.

Nothing wrong with a polite lowball, but accept it if the seller says no. Nothing worse than a pushy lowballer.

The thing I hate the most is 'What is your best price?' or 'What is your lowest price?'. Firstly, that means you're asking me to counter-offer myself. Secondly, from my experience when you respond to this question with an amount they will always come back with a lower amount. Kind of doesn't make sense if you go under my lowest price that you've just asked me to provide!

9 minutes ago, JLD said:

Nothing wrong with a polite lowball, but accept it if the seller says no. Nothing worse than a pushy lowballer.

The thing I hate the most is 'What is your best price?' or 'What is your lowest price?'. Firstly, that means you're asking me to counter-offer myself. Secondly, from my experience when you respond to this question with an amount they will always come back with a lower amount. Kind of doesn't make sense if you go under my lowest price that you've just asked me to provide!

I tried to avoid all of that today and made a offer on a car that was less than what they wanted but in line with what other cars are priced but really fair .

I got sent the PPI that I paid for etc but still not sure wether my offer was accepted or not .

I was happy enough with the PPI and told the sales guy I was good .

He rang me and said so if we accept your offer will you buy the car . My answer yes 

I was told will let you know Monday 

If my initial offer was no good tell me from the start . They tried to squeeze another 5 K out .

I walked 

In my book all is fair re price/offers, don't ask don't get - and that goes whether a buyer or a seller. No need to ever take offence either way and if they do that's their problem. As a seller and a buyer I've courteously massaged the other party to achieve a sale and they weren't happy the entire time. We're all big boys and either one can walk from the back n forth at anytime.

57 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I tried to avoid all of that today and made a offer on a car that was less than what they wanted but in line with what other cars are priced but really fair .

I got sent the PPI that I paid for etc but still not sure wether my offer was accepted or not .

I was happy enough with the PPI and told the sales guy I was good .

He rang me and said so if we accept your offer will you buy the car . My answer yes 

I was told will let you know Monday 

If my initial offer was no good tell me from the start . They tried to squeeze another 5 K out .

I walked 

You should have said to the sales guy, "so you're powerless to accept my offer then?".  This plays to the ego as nobody likes to be perceived to be powerless.  It reopens the door to keep the conversation going straight away.

Offers are offers , make em , I  would just say love the car and happy to move onto a quick settlement if that acceptable to you , should I be getting on the plane or not 😊

Must people really want a debate In my view a solid offer should always be welcome .  

3 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

You should have said to the sales guy, "so you're powerless to accept my offer then?".  This plays to the ego as nobody likes to be perceived to be powerless.  It reopens the door to keep the conversation going straight away.

Not really interested in playing games . I will move on .

• 7 months later...

I am not an expert, but in my opinion there are cars of almost all brands and there will be nowhere to buy a car for those who have not bought it yet. My cousin passed the license half a month ago and saved up in advance for a car, but unfortunately he could not buy it due to the closing of markets. But the coronavirus remains a major concern and it's better to be healthy than to have a car. In order not to get sick or at least not to bring the disease to spread, it is necessary to use high-quality and proven tests from trusted firms. One of these companies is a company that creates quality tests for coronavirus , which always accurately show the result and will definitely not let you down at this difficult time for us.

14 hours ago, t888 said:

Yep used cars the prices are up across the board.

Who wants to predict what will happen over the next few months? 

Sure about that?  You post with  forked index fingers.    Manuel 996 Australian delivered turbo's that you say were available recently for 90k that have only averaged circa 5k a year  to me is last decade pricing and a very small window at that price  last decade. Show me a 996 Australian delivered stock manual turbo that has less than circa 85k  and is being  advertised at  $ 90k and it's running /not a WOVR and I'll EFT you dollars for a carton of  piss.  I will predict over the next few months you won't be outing me and saying I've sent my  banking details to you  via PM.