Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
edgy

Taycan now on Australian configurator + AU pricing.

Recommended Posts

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing, because I haven't been following the car much, however, 5 mins well spent.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMN1MIL1

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Ok, 

I'll kick the config off... PMLD23D6 

 

 

Now that is something. I'll be interested to see how Frozenberry Metallic comes out in the flesh.

The only things I spent any time deliberating on my build was colour, interior colour, and seat belt colour :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sleazius said:

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing, because I haven't been following the car much, however, 5 mins well spent.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMN1MIL1

 

Great choice of interior colour!! :D 

I am on the fence about the mission E wheels, I think I have to see them in the flesh... 

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

Now that is something. I'll be interested to see how Frozenberry Metallic comes out in the flesh.

I'm tempted to find out.... :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, itsujack said:

Mine. Like you couldn't guess anyway 😀

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM5IDQ24

 

I think you need to put this next to the GT3 mate... love it!  :)

 

Good idea adding the images, I've edited mine to include....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a play with that came to $384,000 drive away for turbo S ...........I didn,t pull the trigger because I thought of how much 991.2 GT3 or dare I say even 991.1 RS I could buy for that money :Chuckle2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the pricing is really on crazy pills. You've got to have that emotional connection to spend this kind of money .... or be someone for whom $400k is something you lose down the back of the lounge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2020 at 17:01, edgy said:

 

I think you need to put this next to the GT3 mate... love it!  :)

 

Good idea adding the images, I've edited mine to include....  

I'm waiting for Porsche to do a true shooting brake (2 door wagon) electric car then they can take (more of) my money 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, itsujack said:

I'm waiting for Porsche to do a true shooting brake (2 door wagon) electric car then they can take (more of) my money 😎

Apparently a (four door) Sport Turismo be unveiled in Q2 next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JWM said:

Apparently a (four door) Sport Turismo be unveiled in Q2 next year.

Yep, I’ve already passed on that, two doors too many. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a cheaper RWD model is confirmed now: http://www.motoring.com.au/basic-rear-drive-porsche-taycan-unwrapped-in-china-124956/

If you look at the pricing in China and convert straight to AUD (ignoring taxes etc) it's about A$50k cheaper than the 4S... If that translates here, it will indeed give the Model S a run for it's money... Surely that’s going to tank Tesla sales big time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2020 at 10:29, JWM said:

Looks like a cheaper RWD model is confirmed now: http://www.motoring.com.au/basic-rear-drive-porsche-taycan-unwrapped-in-china-124956/

If you look at the pricing in China and convert straight to AUD (ignoring taxes etc) it's about A$50k cheaper than the 4S... If that translates here, it will indeed give the Model S a run for it's money... Surely that’s going to tank Tesla sales big time...

 

At early 100's base price, I think they would sell a lot of these... I would even consider one for a daily grind, the performance is quite compromised compared to the 4S and up, but perfectly adequate for commuting in comfort, I'm sure it'll be a good steer either way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, edgy said:

At early 100's base price, I think they would sell a lot of these... I would even consider one for a daily grind, the performance is quite compromised compared to the 4S and up, but perfectly adequate for commuting in comfort, I'm sure it'll be a good steer either way. 

Yeah I agree, perfect daily. I was going to get a Model 3 Performance, but it just didn’t quite float my boat enough to spend $100k on a daily... It was sports car fast, but in no way a sports car.. Because of the way it felt, it’s the first car I’ve driven that I genuinely thought was “too fast”, because the rest of the package didn’t match its speed. I’d still recommend it to anyone over a 3 series or whatever boring sedan they wanted to buy for the same money though.

If this base model Taycan swaps some speed of the Tesla for more steering feel and general enjoyment, for low to mid 100s, I can see myself behind the wheel of one at some point... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JWM said:

Yeah I agree, perfect daily. I was going to get a Model 3 Performance, but it just didn’t quite float my boat enough to spend $100k on a daily... It was sports car fast, but in no way a sports car.. Because of the way it felt, it’s the first car I’ve driven that I genuinely thought was “too fast”, because the rest of the package didn’t match its speed. I’d still recommend it to anyone over a 3 series or whatever boring sedan they wanted to buy for the same money though.

If this base model Taycan swaps some speed of the Tesla for more steering feel and general enjoyment, for low to mid 100s, I can see myself behind the wheel of one at some point... 

My better half likes the model 3, I don't mind it either... Really, I think she just likes that its got "dog mode" so you can leave the air con on for the dogs if you need to leave the car briefly :lol:

When pressed, she'd still rather burn dinosaurs (RS3), me, I'd want to spec the model 3 for long range and performance, and as you say it tips the scales... too many options at the $100k + mark.

I think for the Model 3, you really have to be ok with what the base car offers... 

Keeping on topic; lets see what Porsche Cars Australia announces in due course...I dont believe for a minute that they won't sell the 2wd base car here, look how the 4cyl Macan went "oh its only for Asia market... next minute" :lol: 

So knowing them, they will fill their order books with their well heeled clientele first... then release the poverty pack variant to the bottom feeders! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would jump into one of these things in a heart beat but I just find the price on the wrong side of mid 100s. They needed to make the 4s roughly 150 for it to make dint in the Tesla S sales. The base could have slipped into the same price as an S but with compromised range and performance. I am not a Tesla fan and would have jumped in a Model 3 as a daily but instead chose the RS3. The issue with all Porsche cars is the option buffet that we all get sucked into and a 150k gets to 200 pretty fast. My 4S config came out at 260 and it still wasnt the ideal config.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/07/2020 at 16:49, edgy said:

So knowing them, they will fill their order books with their well heeled clientele first... then release the poverty pack variant to the bottom feeders! 

Poverty pack coming to China for around A$125k.....plus no doubt an encyclopaedic options list.  I assume that means $150k++ and even more with local taxes.

at least they agree with your colour choice @edgy

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/porsche-launches-affordable-taycan-china-2932908/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DJM said:

Poverty pack coming to China for around A$125k.....plus no doubt an encyclopaedic options list.  I assume that means $150k++ and even more with local taxes.

at least they agree with your colour choice @edgy

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/porsche-launches-affordable-taycan-china-2932908/

The colour is RAD!!!
 

Although, now you put it to me that way, it could be my 50% Asian genetics 😂 that thinks the colour is cool... it’s definitely not my German 50% 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to to drags at Calder a couple of times as a youngster and marvelled at the monstrous supercharged V8 machines, stret reg, laying down 10s.  How simple it has become now!  

.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...