My first Porsche - 1982 911 SC Targa

Always wanted a 911, started off wanting a 997. As it got closer to the time, the car I had was similar HP and era, (320bhp). Given I live close to the beaches in the eastern subs in Sydney, theres just no where to put down that power, and I wanted something more manual. Had a look at some SC's, and earlier, and just fell in love again with the shape. When the world is 95% Teslas and everyone is getting chauffeured around, I think the more manual the car is, the better. And Targa was always the pick for me. So I was over the moon when I picked this up last weekend. Originally a UK car, still has matching numbers. I'm Irish originally so if i ever go back it'll be coming with me. I loved the blue sport interior, which was a factory option. Runs well, still has the 915 gearbox. Had to get the Fuel accumulator replaced, as I found sometimes on warm running it was having trouble firing. Other than that, theres just small things that need to be done, but thats the life of a vintage car owner!

Would love to hear anyones experience/advice with their SC/Targa, or if you have spare parts for 911 SC Targas, let me know what you have! Excited to meet up with some of you in the future and share the passion!

overall.JPG

interior 1.JPG

seats 1.JPG

engine 4.JPG

1 hour ago, James P said:

Very nice they are fantastic cars, congrats...

Thank you! 

28 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

As a first 911, they don't come much cooler mate. Congrats!

Im delighted, never thought I'd be in this position! 

4 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Great pickup.

Best seats Porsche used too. 

Loving them so far! Previous owner had them reupholstered so they're in top nick. 

4 minutes ago, edgy said:

Nice one mate and welcome! 

Who doesn't love a good targa! That's the perfect 911 for cruising Sydneys Irish quarter aka Coogee 😛 

Hope to see it out at a drive or cars & coffee soon! 

Haha thanks mate. I'm a bit north of Coogee thank god. Yes, keen to get out for a drive/C&C's. Will monitor here to see when they are!

3 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Congrats! ... I’ve not long sold my SC coupe and it will forever be in my heart.

Get out and drive ... and if you ever get up to the Central Coast, feel free to get in touch .. we have some great mountain roads .. 😃

The car is from the central coast, so will definitely be returning!

2 hours ago, epilot said:

Fantastic car !, I saw it at Autowerks on the Cnetral Coast having some fettling done, looks very nice, congratulations !

Ah yes, Simon has been looking after the car for the last two years. I brought it to him to do the fuel accumulator and had nothing but a good experience so Im going to try keep the car with him, even though its a 1hr 30 drive. Lets see how that goes! But I loved all the people at Autowerks. 

• 4 weeks later...

Perfect Eastern Suburbs ride, congrats ! I just got my first ever Porsche too, a '77 Targa, it's going full outlaw/backdate/restomod/you name it so it won't be on the road for a bit but there will be parts available over the course of bringing it back to life. I'm in Dover Heights so not far away from you.

There was a classics meetup up at the lighthouse at Vaucluse early on Sunday 27th Sept that I went and checked out (on foot, boo) - there were some great P cars there as well as a host of other beauties. You should get along to that, I believe it's monthly but don't have the details and can't find them online, sorry.

Current state of mine in the pics !

20200924_170649.jpg

20201007_121349.jpg

15 hours ago, jaycee1977 said:

Perfect Eastern Suburbs ride, congrats ! I just got my first ever Porsche too, a '77 Targa, it's going full outlaw/backdate/restomod/you name it so it won't be on the road for a bit but there will be parts available over the course of bringing it back to life. I'm in Dover Heights so not far away from you.

There was a classics meetup up at the lighthouse at Vaucluse early on Sunday 27th Sept that I went and checked out (on foot, boo) - there were some great P cars there as well as a host of other beauties. You should get along to that, I believe it's monthly but don't have the details and can't find them online, sorry.

Current state of mine in the pics !

20200924_170649.jpg

20201007_121349.jpg

Ah yes, thats the eastern Suburbs classic car meet, I try get to it every month but can't make it this Sunday! Congrats on the Targa, excited to see the build come along! Exciting times for you! Im hoping to do mine bit by bit over time.