To wave or not to wave

maxy

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not wave to the big SUV Cayenne,

the area around me is full of them and they never wave back.. and try and squash me... so I don't wave to them anymore.

Hey Orion, l waved to you a few weeks ago. You were at the end of Buchanan Ave and l was turning into Buchanan from Belmore Rd right in front of you, l even tooted my horn.

• 2 weeks later...

Plural of lotus.... loti ?

I usually wave at cars that look similar to mine.

Might have to start waving more to all pcars.

Funny, I spent years waving on motorbikes and push bikes, now more recently on boats (the water is a friendly place) and now my car :-D.

I've given up with anything post 1996, except the guys in the club whom i know.

It doesn't matter whether it's the 924 , 944 , 928 or old 911.

It's either the glazed druggie look or "guppy fish at feeding time" face.

Same thing with old vs new landy's.

Makes you feel for old people , who are usually also ignored by society.

Except when their driving is judged by the large mass of experts on the roads!

Plural of Lotus..Loti, reminds me of an old comedy skit about someone writing a letter...Dear Sir I am starting a zoo please send me 2 Mongooses....Mongi...Mongeese? ...Dear Sir I am starting a zoo please send me 1 Mongoose...PS send me another one.

Well I guess you had to be there...

Sound like even though we are all porsche drivers, deep inside we are divided along the "cooling" lines.

I think of it this way:

Unless its a marine engine, all cars are air cooled.

I wave to any p-car going less than the sleed of sound.

I think of it this way:

Where does the poor old Amphicar sit ?

Using air, oil and radiators to separate our cars is just silly!

Better to ask why Porsche did what they did , of do what they do. It's not exactly 1 man in a little shed after all.

Sound like even though we are all porsche drivers, deep inside we are divided along the "cooling" lines.

I think of it this way:

I wave to any p-car going less than the sleed of sound.

desismileys_4427.gif

I get waves from people in trucks!! 

Well that's because they deliver to my shop and recognise my car. 

I sometimes don't bother. most newer p-cars look at mine as some audi or something. Usually the aircooled would wave back. I have one bloke in a 944 go out of his way to wave me. 

My new wave (I said I'd stopped waving , but no , making new attempt) is to shove my arm through the sunroof opening. The new Porsche guys are almost certainly bewildered, the older ones probably take a few seconds to digest my friendliness.

It doesn't work on the 911; I just get a sore hand.

I find Karmann Ghia and Kombi drivers the friendliest and most enthusiastic of all.

Not the right thread for this I guess but...

Speaking of Kombi's I found this little beauty at the show and shine yesterday at the Sandringham Yacht Club.

Finished a week ago, took 12 months to do.  1972 model, and inside is done out in campervan type style.

Motor is a two litre type four with a pair of Webbers.

Gent who owned it was very friendly and received a lot of positive feedback and fans of his car including me.

It has been treated with that clear paint protector on the front and he intends to use it as a camper van.

IMG_6070.jpg

IMG_6072.jpg

IMG_6071.jpg

I know we are off the post here, sorry again....but I would have one of these in a heartbeat.  There is a LHD one in SHANNONS at the moment campervan type thing and not a patch on this one.   I think the suggested price for that one is 60 to 70K 

I find Karmann Ghia and Kombi drivers the friendliest and most enthusiastic of all.

A bit like Land Rover (proper old ones) drivers.  The wave is often mistaken for friendly enthusiasm.  It's more of a survival reflex to say "still going, this thing hasn't killed me yet"

A bit like Land Rover (proper old ones) drivers.  The wave is often mistaken for friendly enthusiasm.  It's more of a survival reflex to say "still going, this thing hasn't killed me yet"

You need large gentleman's vegetables to risk taking a hand off the wheel of a series LR. So a wave is telling you something. If it's a woman driving , well it's still telling you something.

Archived