Flinders Motoring Heritage 2021

Skidmarks

Morning all.

After having shelved the 2020 event, the Flinders Motoring Heritage event is on again this year.

The 2021 Flinders Motoring Heritage event is in its fourth year (after the 2020 event was cancelled due to Covid) and showcases a stunning display of unique, classic and modern motor cars.  

And this year, we’re looking to have a dedicated display focussing on Motorsport.  Not strict guidelines but for Porsche purposes any GT, road, rally and race cars are going to have their own dedicated area to display.  

It’s happening on Easter Sunday, 4th April 2021 and is held in the seaside town of Flinders on the Mornington Peninsula.  We expect to bring together approximately 150 exhibitors and over 2500 visitors.  It starts at 9.30 and finishes at 2.  

The 2021 Flinders Motoring Heritage is an initiative of the Flinders & District Lions Club and is a major fundraising event for it.  Whilst I’m not a member of the Lions Club, I was coopted by my neighbour Mary on the basis that I “have a few cars” so for my sins, I head the event up - which really means doing this sort of thing as well as looking to get people to sponsor the event.  Early signs are that without support, we might struggle to match past years but we might get lucky.  Either way, it’s happening.

Entry fee for display cars is $20.00 and as we speak, I’m beating the drum with various businesses and people to raise some cash for a great cause. So, other than attending - if you’re interested in supporting, PM me. We can do deals!  No amount is too small or big!

Funds raised  go to Peninsula Health who have struggled with fundraising for many months, so we hope to be able to assist with the purchase of a cardiorespiratory monitor for babies which allows them to be fully monitored when they are sick, or 2 x crib humidifiers needed for ventilators. If funds are permit, we could also assist with the purchase of a bedside workstation which provides centralized viewing of the monitor and enables medial staff to access hospital networks and clinical systems.

Hope to see you there!

Here’s the link for you if you’re interested in participating.

https://www.trybooking.com/BOCKY

• 1 month later...

Update.

The event looks like it will be a cracker. We’ve got around 50 cars already entered and more each day.

There are some great cars and a few P cars as well.

We have a band playing, some great giveaways and it’s family friendly

Porsche Centre Brighton is stepping up also.  Big support and will be bringing down the new Taycan.

Please come and support the event.  It’s an easy drive to get there.

As always, we’re raising money for a good cause - Peninsula Health.

Booking details above if you want to enter and be judged.  Or you can just roll up on the day in town and take it all in.

Hope to see you there 

On 30/01/2021 at 07:55, MattKH said:

Thanks for the heads up. I have booked my 911s2.2 in and am keen to understand more about sponsorship/support options for the day.

Apologies for the lack of response.  I’ll PM you.

Yep, I’m in!

This event was great last year! Awesome bunch of cars, not only, but especially the sweet Porsches and pcar owners.
As well, it’s always good to front up help out a PFA member who’s willing to organise these events! Onya Sven!

Hope to see you all there!

btw: the PFA isn’t an actual club, but I’m listing it as so on the entry form so we can get parked together...

8 hours ago, Kerry said:

Yep, I’m in!

This event was great last year! Awesome bunch of cars, not only, but especially the sweet Porsches and pcar owners.
As well, it’s always good to front up help out a PFA member who’s willing to organise these events! Onya Sven!

Hope to see you all there!

btw: the PFA isn’t an actual club, but I’m listing it as so on the entry form so we can get parked together...

Thanks Kerry. Shaping up nicely.  There are just under 100 cars now and 21 of them are Porsche’s!  

11 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Thanks Kerry. Shaping up nicely.  There are just under 100 cars now and 21 of them are Porsche’s!  

Fingers crossed for some good weather!

1 hour ago, 911B said:

Hope to see ya Kerry!

Yeah, ditto 😉👍🏻

Update

We're now at 107 cars.

Even if you're not displaying, come and have a look. 

There are a couple of Porsche centric auction items if you're interested.

Porsche Centre Brighton Golf Classic - Tickets for 2
Victoria Golf Club – 23 April.
Value $1,000

Drive the Range with Porsche Centre Brighton
A day long experience  for 2 on some of Victoria’s best roads  3 September
Value $1,800

On 25/03/2021 at 18:38, 911B said:

Hey Sven, do you know if any other 928 s are registered to go?

I just checked the list and it seems you’re the Lone Ranger!

I met up with the guy who bought my 928 GTS the other day.  Shouldn’t have sold it.  Now being spoken of in the same breath and 968 CS, Turbo RS and 944 Turbo S ...

Also, entries are now up to 130 and counting.  Weather is looking pretty good as well.

5 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

I just checked the list and it seems you’re the Lone Ranger!

I met up with the guy who bought my 928 GTS the other day.  Shouldn’t have sold it.  Now being spoken of in the same breath and 968 CS, Turbo RS and 944 Turbo S ...

Also, entries are now up to 130 and counting.  Weather is looking pretty good as well.

cool, ive signed up to get it judged, so im assuming i cant park with the pfa crew.