Cup holders 996 - show 'em to me.....

Jason E

I know. I know, I know, where the stock ones are ......... the fold out crappy ones in front of my pumping A/C vent making my 36 ounce Vegan Soy decaf Macchiato prematurely tepid............(bluerchy).  I like my socially responsible coffee substitute scaldingly hot.................

I recall a company that made good metal ones that fit on to passenger seat rails etc etc.

Before I start Googling I thought I'd ask the Brains trust & also you guys off PFA...........boom boom...... what you've done to rectify this travesty of design.  Needs to be easily reachable from the drivers position, I refuse to burn unneccesary calories stretching to reach a beverage.

DIscuss immediately ..............

Is drinking coffee while driving legal? 😁  With the blitz on phone use it seems a small extension to coffee cups.  A friend of mine scored 3 points in QLD for taking one hand off the wheel to brush his hair back! The fitting in the console seems a good idea or use an insulated, re-fillable coffee cup?

8 hours ago, Merv said:

Is drinking coffee while driving legal? 😁  With the blitz on phone use it seems a small extension to coffee cups.  A friend of mine scored 3 points in QLD for taking one hand off the wheel to brush his hair back! The fitting in the console seems a good idea or use an insulated, re-fillable coffee cup?

Now @Merv, there's a lot to unpack here.

Before we go on, in the spirit of full disclosure I must admit to being, for my sins, a Police Officer (Qld).  NOT a Traffic Officer.  NOT. A. TRAFFIC. OFFICER. (nobody likes them, not even other Cops).  I was shit at writing tickets so was never asked to do much traffic enforcement.

@LeeM is correct that here in Qld it is not an offense to drink coffee, eat a burger etc etc, drive with one hand etc etc especially not rubbing a hand through one's luxurious locks of hair whilst navigating the byways of this State (I also have to disclose baldness so excuse me if I sounded a bit bitter there).

In general if you are driving erratically/ poorly & the Police Officer draws a parallel between the fact that whilst chowing down on your Whopper Double Beef with Cheese it was causing you to weaving all over the road he may give you a ticket for failing to maintain proper control of a motor vehicle.  Possibly your mate was doing a LOT of hair flicking causing him to accelerate wildly to 132klph in a school zone & preform a 72 meter burnout 😁 whilst flicking his hair out of his eyes........ (just kidding).

I know A LOT of dickhead Coppers but none would write someone up for flicking hair as they would be roundly castigated in Court by a surly Magistrate were it contested. 

11 hours ago, crsedge said:

I bought a metal cup holder and fire extinguisher plus mount for my 996 from Ray at Autoracing Technik (ART). 

The cup holder folds away when not in use and mounts under the seat rail 👍

Ray is a great guy, a Porsche enthusiast and it is an Aussie product 😎

4C2AF4FD-A380-4318-8243-FD5E66928189.jpeg

D32C3492-A20B-43FE-B9E8-FCFE7C4089D9.jpeg

Thanks, I've emailed them.

3 minutes ago, edgy said:

Shame on you for not supporting non GMO and shade grown beans... 

Your scorn has shaken me to my core.  I will immediately divert my intire Super Investments to Fair Trade Coffee Bean plantations & Vegan Crossfit Boxes.  Thankyou for opening my eyes.😁

2 minutes ago, Jason E said:

Your scorn has shaken me to my core.  I will immediately divert my intire Super Investments to Fair Trade Coffee Bean plantations & Vegan Crossfit Boxes.  Thankyou for opening my eyes.😁

Consider yourself “woke” as the kids say! 

True Jason. " I know A LOT of dickhead Coppers but none would write someone up for flicking hair as they would be roundly castigated in Court by a surly Magistrate were it contested".

Most of my family are, or have been, senior police officers in Qld and on the occasion cited above the PO, told the driver that he was driving 'well' and staying within the speed limit (he had followed the driver for almost 10 kms). I suspect it was the fancy car he had as much as anything. How can you drive a manual shift without taking a hand off the wheel? I hope he does take it to a magistrate.

On 08/03/2021 at 17:56, Jason E said:

@LeeMis correct that here in Qld it is not an offense to drink coffee, eat a burger etc etc, drive with one hand etc etc especially not rubbing a hand through one's luxurious locks of hair whilst navigating the byways of this State (I also have to disclose baldness so excuse me if I sounded a bit bitter there).

I😁

I thought you were describing me...