OLD SHITTERS TO COP A NEW CHARGE IN FUTURE?

When I was living in Europe, many many cities started to introduce low emission zones.

I lived in Antwerpen in Belgium for 10 years and around 4 years ago they introduced a low emission zone right across the city to the extent that I could not even drive my 964 RS out of the garage and down the street without incurring fine.  There wasn't even a permit system to allow you to drive old timers. They were just flat out banned and you got fined every time you entered the zone.

So I ended up storing the car outside of the zone and drove their in a compliant car, swapped cars, went for a drive and then put it back in storage.

Yep 100% Right Niko not like we dont pay enough as it is ,,,,,,,,,,Try get a green slip for rego in NSW for under $500 on a family car and then add $365 for rego , let alone if its a ute, a van or performance vehicle then $750 plus for a green slip and few extra dollars for rego , cost me $1195 to rego my 20 year old Ute last year and I have a clean driving and insurance record and am 49 .............it,s called bend over and take whats coming ...Any thing to sting those who work or have the audacity to spend money on something they enjoy in life ...no wonder so many dead shits are on the doll :wacko:

And lets not forget it is a tough life being a politician you have to get up in the morning and at least make an appearances at work for your Fat salary  :Chuckle2:

2 hours ago, Niko said:

Nothing like using the "environment" as an excuse to squeeze some more money out of the Car Enthusiasts. 

Don't forget the covid excuse! You Mexicans are gunna cop that added tax eventually 😡

Our dickhead government are about to raise license and rego AGAIN, plus raising house n land values. But they say they've helped SA residents reduce our electricity bills by...wait for it...up to $100 per year! We're forever grateful...idiots

We really should be organising and pre-emptively making sure taking old cars off the road is a non starter politically.  All you need is a big enough group to put pressure on a few marginal seats, and to give the useless media a story to run with some photogenic oldies and their jag they’ve had since the honeymoon.

The stringent euro emissions probably have caused more pollution than they have saved.  Millions of late model cars junked early because of excessive complexity meeting ever more difficult standards, fire up the smelters and make new ones! Much better!

14 hours ago, Raven said:

Yep 100% Right Niko not like we dont pay enough as it is ,,,,,,,,,,Try get a green slip for rego in NSW for under $500 on a family car and then add $365 for rego , let alone if its a ute, a van or performance vehicle then $750 plus for a green slip and few extra dollars for rego , cost me $1195 to rego my 20 year old Ute last year and I have a clean driving and insurance record and am 49 .............it,s called bend over and take whats coming ...Any thing to sting those who work or have the audacity to spend money on something they enjoy in life ...no wonder so many dead shits are on the doll :wacko:

The previous owner of my ugly Boxster found a way around the Green Slip issue. After I had it for 6 months the rego and green slip renewal came in the mail, rego was normal, but the green slip was only $89. Turns out the dodgy bastards had it down as 125cc motor cycle but still with the Boxster VIN.

36 minutes ago, MFX said:

The previous owner of my ugly Boxster found a way around the Green Slip issue. After I had it for 6 months the rego and green slip renewal came in the mail, rego was normal, but the green slip was only $89. Turns out the dodgy bastards had it down as 125cc motor cycle but still with the Boxster VIN.

:Chuckle2: that is classic Jeff how the fark did he manage to pull that off , trouble with doing that as you know if you have a bingle and a 3rd party is seriously injured eg a spinal injury you would be screwed well and truly .

I live in Orchid Hills near Penrith Its a semi rural area high end real estate for that area problem is we share a post code with Werrington county , parts of Werrington county are low income earners and Housing commission , not a bad area in anyway  just low to middle class incomes honest working class people not a problem area in any way , but every time I complain about a green slip price they tell me its the post code and that area that drives the price up , I think it is all bull shit as I can not see how there would be more claims made or anything that could make a difference to the price , if I rego my cars at the family farm witch is only  15 klm away ,,but a different post code I can save $150 on a green slip , got me farked what the difference is , still the same area . I dont do this because they ask were the cars are garaged and in the event of a accident I dont want to get in the shit for making a false claim on the vehicles garaged locations . The silly thing is my 911 is the cheapest of all my cars to green slip , I find this ironic as it is the car I am most likely to go through the pearly gates in ........backwards and on fire when I leave the road at some ludicrous speed  :Chuckle2:

14 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Better still, get a couple of key politicians into classic cars.  Job done.  Short of re-election, nothing motivates these farkers  more than self interest ... 

Doesn't work.  Malcolm Frazer was into restoring old Bugatti's, the real ones.  Hewson was into Ferrari's.  Didn't stop the rot.

Probably had Diplomat plates anyway.

3 hours ago, Raven said:

:Chuckle2: that is classic Jeff how the fark did he manage to pull that off , trouble with doing that as you know if you have a bingle and a 3rd party is seriously injured eg a spinal injury you would be screwed well and truly .

My guess is they knew someone at NRMA who did the dodgy for them. Obviously as soon as they put in the VIN their system would tell them it was a Porsche not a bike. I did let NRMA know that this was dodgyed but I wonder how it would have been for me if I had an accident when I was driving it? I bought it with legit rego and transferred it to my name properly as you do when you buy any second hand car. You don't actually see the previous green slip, so you have no idea that it is fraudulent...

1 hour ago, OZ930 said:

Doesn't work.  Malcolm Frazer was into restoring old Bugatti's, the real ones.  Hewson was into Ferrari's.  Didn't stop the rot.

Probably had Diplomat plates anyway.

Both of those guys were from a time when owning nice cars was seen as a positive.  Shorten would want to crush your car for being too bourgeoisie and Morrison would want to tax it 200% while trying to convince you it was fiscally prudent to do so.   Abbott would want it in a museum so he could ride his bike in the middle of the road. Whoever the greens leader is now would want to incite a screeching mob, burn the car and hold a show trial for crimes against the earth.

there are no friends of the enthusiast in any parliament.