911 survey

sleazius

I'm not against EV's, yet a hybrid makes a lot more sense to me, as you have the best of both worlds. Hate to say how successful they've been, but look at a Prius!

If my memory serves me correctly, Porsche used to have some huge electrical scavenging system in some Le Mans cup cars as a study for their return to LMP1 series which they became so successful at very quickly, yet to go full EV on their flagship model is just lunacy in my opinion. 

Macan, Cayenne, Taycan etc fine, as they're commuter vehicles designed for what they do...carry people and go to the shops in. A 911 is a pure sportscar, not a grocery getter 

32 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I'm not against EV's, yet a hybrid makes a lot more sense to me, as you have the best of both worlds. Hate to say how successful they've been, but look at a Prius!

If my memory serves me correctly, Porsche used to have some huge electrical scavenging system in some Le Mans cup cars as a study for their return to LMP1 series which they became so successful at very quickly, yet to go full EV on their flagship model is just lunacy in my opinion. 

Macan, Cayenne, Taycan etc fine, as they're commuter vehicles designed for what they do...carry people and go to the shops in. A 911 is a pure sportscar, not a grocery getter 

Yes they had a Hybrid 997 GT3 R and had great success with it on the track 480hp ICE and 2 X100HP EV motors on front end along with the obvious 918 hybrid , Porsche certainly know how to do a good hybrid ...:Beer:

That sort of Tech in a future 911 would be wonderful ..

12297-1756e17a.jpg

5 hours ago, GC9911 said:

After completing the survey & noting how it was worded I am of the opinion that it’s a done deal in Porsche HQ.

This is why I asked the question, it didn't leave much doubt what they'd already decided. Just gauging if we'd still buy it.

2 hours ago, Raven said:

Porsche certainly know how to do a good hybrid ...:Beer:

Which begs the question:

Why on earth would they build a 911 solely as an EV? 

Noone can convince me that any government in the world are happy to forego the billions, if not trillions of dollars worth of fuel taxes just to make themselves look like they're concerned about global warming by implementing an EV mandate to manufacturers. They're politicians, there's always an alterior motive, and it's never good for the consumer. 

57 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Which begs the question:

Noone can convince me that any government in the world are happy to forego the billions, if not trillions of dollars worth of fuel taxes just to make themselves look like they're concerned about global warming by implementing an EV mandate to manufacturers. They're politicians, there's always an alterior motive, and it's never good for the consumer. 

Honestly I dont know but from all indications the end is coming at least in Europe for the ICE car , or is this just some grand scheme to put us in a buying frenzy about losing our beloved 911 and spend spend spend before its gone ...???

I agree with what your saying about fuel tax,s and trillions to still be made off the back ICE cars , Yeh I honestly dont know ,but I plan on getting myself in a Porsche GT car very soon.. 

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Which begs the question:

The fuel taxes will still exist, the entire existing fleet of ICE vehicles will require fuel long term.

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Which begs the question:

Road Usage Tax.

They may not call it that, but that is in effect what will happen. All EVs will be slapped with it eventually, while the ICE cars keep paying excise.

7 hours ago, Raven said:

Yes they had a Hybrid 997 GT3 R and had great success with it on the track 480hp ICE and 2 X100HP EV motors on front end along with the obvious 918 hybrid , Porsche certainly know how to do a good hybrid ...:Beer:

12297-1756e17a.jpg

This is exactly the formula I’m hoping for since I can only dream of the GMA T33… 

Plus my current lot of 911 should be close to getting their pension cards (historic rego) by then 😁 

5 hours ago, sleazius said:

Road Usage Tax.

They may not call it that, but that is in effect what will happen. All EVs will be slapped with it eventually, while the ICE cars keep paying excise.

Yep, the SA government were pushing for everyone to buy ev's, then last year they mentioned they're looking at adding that road usage tax to them, when they originally said they wouldn't. The federal government are doing exactly the same thing. Strange for a politician to lie isn't it? 🙄 

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Yep, the SA government were pushing for everyone to buy ev's, then last year they mentioned they're looking at adding that road usage tax to them, when they originally said they wouldn't. The federal government are doing exactly the same thing. Strange for a politician to lie isn't it? 🙄 

How else can the Dead shits keep up their exotic lifestyle of booze, drugs, and whoring unless the public pays for it .....GRUBS :Chuckle2:

8 hours ago, edgy said:

This is exactly the formula I’m hoping for since I can only dream of the GMA T33… 

Plus my current lot of 911 should be close to getting their pension cards (historic rego) by then 😁 

Will be interesting to see if the GT3 and GT4 go this way for a period of time , it is certainly one way to get around the emissions laws and the combination of Hybrid power trains has worked well in both 918 and 919 LMP1 racer , would be a good thing , eg best of both worlds ..