LeeM

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers lads. Waiting to get it on the road is wearing thin very very quickly! 

Its basically finished, yet just needs a tune and general going over by Mark Pooles shop before rego inspection. When the Honda is sold, I'll get cracking on this again. Tired of just looking at it....as much as I do like to look at it!

• 5 weeks later...

I just spent 1/2 an hour at work reading this,  dont tell my boss..... 

I wanted to buy an early 912 or 911 a few years ago,  but couldnt find anything that wasnt a complete basketcase for what i could afford.

There was one,  but i just missed it.....

I ended up with my 914,  which im very happy with,  except for it only being a 2 seater ( there are three of us ),  so someone always misses out ( usually the wife ,  leaving small children at home alone tends to have DOCS on your door )

In hindsight ,  even a basketcase early body car would have been a good investment.  Oh well....

Just wanted to say hi and how good i think the car looks.

You have done an awesome job.

Cheers 

Dale

Thanks Dale, I appreciate it

Yeah, I got lucky before the price explosion

Last week I was told the engine needs a rebuild which is pretty annoying, so it will be off the road for a bit longer until I can sort that out.

Whilst the engine is out, I'll clean up the engine bay, get some bits plated or painted, new bolts and some wiring etc, and maybe new carpet, yet thats still in pretty good nick 

Cheers, Lee

• 5 months later...

Well then! 

Dropped this off this morning at Buik Motorworks

20160204_111431.jpg

To have this installed. Fully rebuilt 1720

20160204_112218.jpg

My mates 67 912/6cyl next to my car thats having a load of work done, and a very nice LHD 356 speedster next to that.

MASSIVE thanks to Craig at Buiks for putting up with me so far

Well then! 

Dropped this off this morning at Buik Motorworks

20160204_111431.jpg

To have this installed. Fully rebuilt 1720

20160204_112218.jpg

My mates 67 912/6cyl next to my car thats having a load of work done, and a very nice LHD 356 speedster next to that.

MASSIVE thanks to Craig at Buiks for putting up with me so far

Well done mate. Looking good. 

Cheers fella's. A surreal moment dropping it off I can telya! 3 years (not 4 as I had thought) has been like 10 years!

A not so subtle plug, but a big thanks to LSK Transport in Adelaide too. Very Porsche friendly guys

Engine? To the untrained eye this looks like a random assortment of stuff that was found in the shed then put together by a mad man. ?

at least they found a way of hiding that really big cog. Every time Lee passes a windmill the car veers to the left for some reason ;) 

AFB6E10E-0342-444F-8884-7BD3C806E306_zps

I just spent 1/2 an hour at work reading this,  dont tell my boss..... 

I wanted to buy an early 912 or 911 a few years ago,  but couldnt find anything that wasnt a complete basketcase for what i could afford.

There was one,  but i just missed it.....

I ended up with my 914,  which im very happy with,  except for it only being a 2 seater ( there are three of us ),  so someone always misses out ( usually the wife ,  leaving small children at home alone tends to have DOCS on your door )

In hindsight ,  even a basketcase early body car would have been a good investment.  Oh well....

Just wanted to say hi and how good i think the car looks.

You have done an awesome job.

Cheers 

Dale

I just had a read as well - during lunch.  Dale, I lagged you in to your boss.  He's on his way to see you.

Lee, it's all coming together.  Not long and she will be on the road and cruising the windy's.

alledgedly.........

I was looking for a 912 years ago before I bought the 993 as I had heard they were less likely to steer backwards into lampposts.

That bubble pack of yours would have helped Chris :)

judging by what constitutes as an engine in a 912 the spare tyre up front probably makes for a perfectly balanced car

Archived