LeeM

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had a read as well - during lunch.  Dale, I lagged you in to your boss.  He's on his way to see you.

Lee, it's all coming together.  Not long and she will be on the road and cruising the windy's.

I wondered why she looked cranky  ;)

It's home, it's running and I've driven it (in a controlled enviroment ofcourse......probably)  So good to not see any thick blue smoke out of the exhaust. Very happy man!!!!

LHD is weird though!

Fitted the rear bumpers and valance, now just have to sort the tail lights out after i wired them up wrong, general clean up, polish the thing and book it in for rego inspection

Hand me a phone, some scotch, and I can do anything mate! 

Congrats! That must feel really good. Glad to hear you've had a good experience with Buik too. :) 

Yeah, feels pretty bloody good i can telya! The lads at Buiks have been fantastic to deal with, and wouldn't go anywhere else now

Woo Hoo. Well done.

Cheers mate. Happy boy!

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

It has been a very long journey, for me anyway, yet I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I never wanted a concourse car, and I've basically got exactly what I had envisaged at the beginning.

There is a bit of a carb problem (accelerator pump), so that will be fixed when some new old stock carbs are fitted. I won't be running it much until that is sorted within a few weeks, as its probably running way too lean at the moment, and I don't wish to risk doing any damage to the rebuilt engine.

In the meantime, I'm looking at dying the carpet to make it a bit more presentable (which was my original plan), yet some say to leave it as it is for originality. Decisions, decisions!  I'll also be removing some bits n pieces to ensure a better fit, as I did rush a few things with my expectation of having it ready a few months ago which didn't happen. Its taken this long to get to where it is, so a few more weeks won't hurt.....probably!

Archived