Lambo Aventador Spotted

With you Vas, stupendously fast but the look doesn't do it for me.....

Good on you Jim for the spot and the cameo by the family in the background :) :)

Good spot Chris, yes that's the JimTT family in the background.

Not my type of car either, far too many jaggered edges for my liking.

I cannot imagine what it feels like to write the government a big fat cheque for $100 grand or so for the privelege of buying something like that new.   I don't think I could ever clear that particular mental speedhump, even if I had the money.

Odd that you never see these cars out on track.

All the track days and events I have been to, you never see Lambo's or Fireari's.

One early eighties fezza on track in all that time.  :mellow:

A few years back a local targa rally was organised, and this guy entered with his Murcielago.

The outcome wasn't pretty.

lambobang1uk9.jpg

treewheelqi6.jpg

I think most people were taking bets on which day he would crash out on.

Odd that you never see these cars out on track.

All the track days and events I have been to, you never see Lambo's or Fireari's.

One early eighties fezza on track in all that time.  :mellow:

I think that many guys with these cars are a little precious. 

I will go out on a limb and say that many owners of Lambo & Ferrari prefer to make a "look at me" statement rather than "I bought one of these because I really, really want to drive it hard how it should be". I'm sure that there are some guys that prove this wrong, but I reckon there would be a high percentage of posers in that demographic. 

And, I'll add to the above by saying that these guys prefer the buzz from straight line performance rush than honing their skills to get around the twisties! 

A few years back a local targa rally was organised, and this guy entered with his Murcielago.

The outcome wasn't pretty.

lambobang1uk9.jpg

treewheelqi6.jpg

I think most people were taking bets on which day he would crash out on.

He must have balls of steel to take that beast out on a road track. My wife, not that I could compare her to the driver above, took 8 laps on a race track before she fell victim of being over confident in a beast which has next to no electronic nannies. Complete lost it and spun it out. Shame I dont have video footage of it.

We were to drive the Aventador, but some bozo broke the paddle shifters in it. Three weeks off the track. Unfortunately they arent built to last.......................

Well, I don't know the driver and wasn't there, but if you believe the internet the driver showed up to the drivers safety briefing with a glass of wine in hand.    But it does seem the wrong sort of car to try and do a tarmac rally in.  I think Jim Richards would have trouble taming something like that, let alone a 'garagista'.

Archived