Spam/scammers

LeeM

Thanks @hugh. The forum system software has now been upgraded (the reason we were offline for a while) with a few spam/malware updates in it, however these guys are smarter and faster than the software coders, and there is only so much we can do, so as Lee says... Please report any sus' posts or PMs.

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Cheers to @hugh for sorting the mega spam we had this morning.

Just a reminder to please report ANY suspicious posts or threads you come across. Even if there is 10% doubt, press the report icon and we'll get onto it asap

Cheers

2 hours ago, Kerry said:

Thanks @hugh. The forum system software has now been upgraded (the reason we were offline for a while) with a few spam/malware updates in it, however these guys are smarter and faster than the software coders, and there is only so much we can do, so as Lee says... Please report any sus' posts or PMs.

I've just removed another bunch.............WTF indeed. 

Just read a long support thread about another forum with exactly tha same problem (same bots and travel text) from late December, and the responses from our forum parent company when asked for substantive support… which was not great, or useful. I’m looking into a third party plug-in spam filter for forums which I can use to help but there are several recommended and I want to do some testing before I put it in for real. I stopped all new registrations, made all go to Admin for approval, and am still trying to stop the USA accessing us at least for a week or so to hopefully break this. They still keep coming. We might have some more of this before it gets better.

Thanks for holding the front lines… ✊🏻

11 hours ago, JWM said:

Not sure what the costs would be but would it be worth looking into sticking the forum behind something like Cloudflare to stop this?

Didn’t click last night, but we don’t host the forum, so unforts…

• 5 months later...

It seems there's been more spam/scammers infiltration here on occasion, so again, if you post a wanted or sale ad and someone replies that doesn't look familiar, or the member only has 1 or 2 posts, don't interact with them and just report the post and they will be dealt with.

Admin are doing their best to keep this scum out of the forum, yet there's bound to be some that sneak through and go unnoticed 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...