Spyder RS

HWY

I am tempted. Been offered one from my dealer- who says will be less than half of the 4RS they getting. 

But there has been almost no hype about this car at all, even though I have always liked the sound of the Boxster over the Cayman.

Fingers crossed I should be getting one to replace my Boxster!

I tend to only drive the Boxster on non rainy days with the roof down, or to the track. So the manual roof of the Spyder RS is acceptable to me given the car's other benefits :)

Due to the debacle I had with my dealer, and having to build a relationship with a new one, crystal ball says ‘unlikely’. Sucks because out of all the cars they’ve announced this is the one I really want.

Oh well, shit happens.

On 24/08/2023 at 19:41, sleazius said:

Due to the debacle I had with my dealer, and having to build a relationship with a new one, crystal ball says ‘unlikely’. Sucks because out of all the cars they’ve announced this is the one I really want.

Oh well, shit happens.

Are you saying that Porsche won't get you one if you give them money and are a serious buyer? I find that hard to believe.

22 minutes ago, Sabotage said:

Are you saying that Porsche won't get you one if you give them money and are a serious buyer? I find that hard to believe.

Lol. Plenty of serious buyers. Too few cars. Couple that with the fact that dealers won’t/can’t sell interstate, and you have a situation where some dealers/locations it is relatively easy to get a car, others it is nigh on impossible.

I have no doubt if I wanted a GT4RS I could get one. Spyder RS (half as many allocations) it is looking unlikely at this stage.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

There is a high level of kissing ass required even if you have a relationship with whatever dealer.

Everyone is trying to get the "last of" before things go electric- especially RS cars as people seem to think that the value will only increase.  Which I doubt. Playthings should depreciate, and car manufacturers are already showing they can/ need to continue to make ICE cars longer than the politicians are blah blah blahing about.

Buy and enjoy is my mantra. Life's too short- and this demographics of blokes who talk on a P-car forum are pretty much older dudes in the second half of their lives.

But yeah- I still have to pucker up and kiss some salesperson's ass to get an allocation.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just got a belated Xmas present from my Porsche dealer today - ie I am getting a March 2024 production slot for a Spyder RS!!!!

I am beyond stoked.... 2023 couldn't be ending in a better fashion! :) :)

http://www.porschecode.com/PRWQI749 Feel free to rip into me about my build :) 

1 hour ago, GC9911 said:

Mate, 10 points for balls on the colour choice 👍👍👍👍👍👍. I really like it. Enjoy!!

Thanks Greg! I decided to embrace my age with a full blown mid-life crisis red :)

1 hour ago, WGA said:

Congrats. Nice build! They look good in GR, especially with the additional hood stripe.

Thanks WGA... I aspire to one day have a garage that is half as good as yours!

I'm so excited about this car, that I've ordered a custom number plate for the first time in my life. I know everyone probably says this when they order a special new car... but I can't ever see myself selling this!

718SRS.thumb.jpg.4ff8a9b0565a4c460ea90f276aceb8b1.jpg

3 hours ago, Ian718 said:

..... I know everyone probably says this when they order a special new car... but I can't ever see myself selling this!

It'd never sell anyway.  Photos and configuration show it's LHD, not beige/white /silver/black and missing the manly clutch pedal 🤣🤣🤣 

I'm a yellow guy myself but the red looks sensational, congrats.

51 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Just spoke to the dealer, no car for me. At this point I really don't care though as after this I'm done with Porsche as a new car brand.

You must be offering the wrong Rolex, or haven't you done your quota on SUV's & Taycan?? :lol:

Funny you mention this, more and more I see this recurring theme even with You Tubers, the sentiment towards Porsche as a brand is deteriorating... 

15 minutes ago, edgy said:

You must be offering the wrong Rolex, or haven't you done your quota on SUV's & Taycan?? :lol:

Funny you mention this, more and more I see this recurring theme even with You Tubers, the sentiment towards Porsche as a brand is deteriorating... 

Let's just say that I really don't know the handshake as 4 months ago I offered to buy whatever they wanted off the floor and I got a stern "it doesn't work like that". Oh really? Well how about you tell me exactly how it works then? Because based on my interactions there is no system at all, or at least no above board one.

Its all cool though, I'll just save my pennies and talk to the bloke from Maranello instead.

3 hours ago, sleazius said:

Let's just say that I really don't know the handshake as 4 months ago I offered to buy whatever they wanted off the floor and I got a stern "it doesn't work like that". Oh really? Well how about you tell me exactly how it works then? Because based on my interactions there is no system at all, or at least no above board one.

Its all cool though, I'll just save my pennies and talk to the bloke from Maranello instead.

Maybe the dealer reads your posts on PFA 😂

4 hours ago, sleazius said:

I'm sorry to hear that you are missing out Sleazius :( Out of interest, which Sydney dealer do you go to?

I'm still not sure what the secret handshake is either. I think my differentiating factor(s) was/were the amount of track and club time I was putting into my Boxster, the decent results I was getting at the PCNSW supersprints, and also converting a lot of my friends and workmates to sports cars (~50% going to Porsche) along my journey. I guess servicing my Boxster and Macan regularly at the dealership helped as well, but that shouldn't be very different to lots of other people.