VIC Rego Sticker

T-Man

Tassy (surprisingly) is ahead of the mainland times :) 

Only problem for the classic car guys is we can't play "what year , and what month?" from afar.

It is a bit irritating when playing compare and contrast.

Joe Public won't mind. A lady in a country servo thought my '78 was a late 90s model...

Tassy (surprisingly) is ahead of the mainland times :)

Only problem for the classic car guys is we can't play "what year , and what month?" from afar.

It is a bit irritating when playing compare and contrast.

Joe Public won't mind. A lady in a country servo thought my '78 was a late 90s model...

Simple solution is to leave your last sticker on the car. It will be "period correct"

Simple solution is to leave your last sticker on the car. It will be "period correct"

Fine for me (& they are already saved as collector's items for the future)

But I suspect it will be a matter of insisting on opening the hood to check the engine (& thus VIN)

Where do they stick the VIN on modern P cars??? Who cares?  :P

I was just reading about a 911 backdate in my newly arrived 911&Porsche mag.  The owner got tired of explaining the car to people so he created a website and put a sticker on the rear window. Not sure if that's lazy, clever or just plain rude to those interested enough to ask.

Best news ever. I hate rego stickers! January will be a good year indeed then. 

- No rego sticker

- No P Plates

Rego expires on the same day!

Just have 1 sticker left. That bloody parking sticker for my local beach (Williamstown)

That just leaves 2 stickers on my side window. Rennlist and secrete society (just a small car club me and a few mates created)  

no stickers, Vicroads save $20m a year and our rego goes up to $710 or thereabouts.. go figure! so typical  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

and the boys in blue rake in even more $$$ using the rego. recognition gear in their cars.  

I've noticed the Sheriff's Office has been scouring car parks using rego. ID to identify cars of people who owe money for fines etc.  then clamping them until they get their money. 

Good news for all us Vic boys.

As of Jan 1st there will be no rego stickers sent out. For all you guys with sticker phobia, that should be great new.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/car-registration-stickers-to-be-scrapped-in-victoria/story-e6frg6n6-1226673720954

So it's not good news for girls too????

:P

Sorry couldn't resist!

NSW has gone stickerless too....just got rid of my sticker, then Hamilton's put a "next service due" sticker on.....DOH!!!!     :o

Sorry James.... ;)

NSW did away with them in January this year which suited me as I hate stickers on my cars but hated even more having to have one located next to the number plate on the motorbike. Glad their gone, just need to do away with them on boats as they never last in that environment.

Fine for me (& they are already saved as collector's items for the future)

But I suspect it will be a matter of insisting on opening the hood to check the engine (& thus VIN)

Where do they stick the VIN on modern P cars??? Who cares?  :P

Geez Tazzieman, that's a bit rough on modern P cars, didn't all P cars start out as "new cars" originally? I know there's only 2? 991 owners here but we love our P cars too!!!

So it's not good news for girls too????

:P

Sorry couldn't resist!

Come on Amanda. 

You're just like one of the boys anyway!!!!!!!!

Sorry..................Couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!!1

Seriously though, we have a couple of ladies here and it's easy to forget......sorry about that.

and the boys in blue rake in even more $$$ using the rego. recognition gear in their cars.  

I've noticed the Sheriff's Office has been scouring car parks using rego. ID to identify cars of people who owe money for fines etc.  then clamping them until they get their money.

I always wondered how they found these cars. See more and more clamped cars parked in random places.

Come on Amanda. 

You're just like one of the boys anyway!!!!!!!!

Sorry..................Couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!!1

Seriously though, we have a couple of ladies here and it's easy to forget......sorry about that.

Ha thanks I think? :P

:)

Geez Tazzieman, that's a bit rough on modern P cars, didn't all P cars start out as "new cars" originally? I know there's only 2? 991 owners here but we love our P cars too!!!

I'm sure there's an app that will tell those with the right accessory the birth date , and method of delivery of these new babies  :)

I'm also sure there are more than 2 991 people here , but some owners like to peep through holes!

In 10 year's time when the newer cars sort themselves into a brave new world of "collectable or not", the MY will assume some importance. Until then,  it's fried eggs or not for the hoi polloi !

PS the 991 is a great car! The best thing since sliced bread! Hmm this is all making me hungry for brekky  :rolleyes:

Yep, here in SA we went stickerless 12 months ago. Funny that revenue from unregistered car fines has quadrupled in that time! :rolleyes:

That's the new technology at work. They scan cars as they go past. Plods don't gave to get out and check the label. Leaves more donut time though.

• 5 months later...

Archived