Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

That 930 casting number tricks them every time. As for "turbo not fitted" , he should've mentioned all the other required bits "not fitted".

I found this '78 for sale on gumtree tonight.....

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/oatley/cars-vans-utes/1978-porsche-911/1049286163

I hope whoever is interested in this one has done a bit of homework on the 911 series and doesn't get taken by the excitement of it all.....

I know I would be pretty gutted to find out that after spending $3?,000 on my dream car, convertibles weren't produced untill 1983....

Should the onus be on the seller to divulge the conversion, or buyer beware?? I know what I think!!!

I'm pretty sure there are lots of Targas that were converted to Cabriolet. There's even a factory manual to do it with earlier SC's. The roof latch mechanism to the windscreen is the same, remove the targa glass and you just buy a frame and a roof and install it.

manual-cover%20(571x800).jpg

caveat emptor has been around since roman times for a reason I guess!

I'm pretty sure there are lots of Targas that were converted to Cabriolet. There's even a factory manual to do it with earlier SC's. The roof latch mechanism to the windscreen is the same, remove the targa glass and you just buy a frame and a roof and install it.

manual-cover%20(571x800).jpg

caveat emptor has been around since roman times for a reason I guess!

SACRILEGE!  

Circa 81, Porsche, 911, 996 MY02 Turbo, Coupe !?

http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/item/-/details/C1981--Built-01-81--Porsche--911--996-MY02-Turbo--Coupe--2-Seats--2-Doors/1452074961

No pics yet, I am guessing it might need some work:

Component Comment   Service Book Owners Manual Missing 1 Vehicle Body Minor Paint Chips and Small Scratches Visible 2 Bonnet Paint Cracked/Flaking 3 Quarter Panel (Rear Passenger) Paint Cracked/Flaking 4 Boot Lid Does Not Close 5 Sunroof Damaged/Cracked Glass 6 Seat (Driver) Faded,Major Hole/Burn/Tear

[img=http://www.911sc.org/Manuals/911SCTargaToCabrio/manual-cover%20(571x800).

So a cab could also be converted into a Targa I presume. Targa tops aren't cheap and rear windows and roll bar thingys who knows.

i'd guess, but i don't know why you'd bother either way lol. there's been a few targa glasses on ebay for around $100, i'm sure if you try hard you could find a cheap targa roof assembly then it's just the roll hoop and stuff which is just some nuts and bolts in the wheel well

They have only spent 53,000km in her, why did they need to replace the stereo?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1995/AGC-AD-16056805/?Cr=2&sdmvc=1

One thing that bugs me are the non-period correct stereos that get put in.

There are some very good options which look much better that the "bling" in this.

Well priced 993 = House Reno budget over run

Funny you say this Michel. My wife wasn't keen to renovate the house while she was still a full time student. I said how about I buy a 993 with the money until we are ready renovate and I'll sell a car then.

She confessed last weekend that she's now realised that she will need to get a job and save up herself if she wants the house done....

I know a bloke who traded either an SC or a 3.2L (it was a long time ago ok!) on a new C4. He owned it for a week before going back to Porsche and getting his old car back. That must have been a cheap exercise.

guy i bought my car off did the same. got a 993 tip and then tried to buy the car off me at the next track day haha