Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I know a bloke who traded either an SC or a 3.2L (it was a long time ago ok!) on a new C4. He owned it for a week before going back to Porsche and getting his old car back. That must have been a cheap exercise.

No plans to sell my 3.0L, will be hanging onto that one.  ;)

That 944 is hot looking, but if it was that easy to fix he would have done it before going to market. Plenty of decent examples out there for that money without having to get into an electrical nightmare.... Cup wheels or not. 

Has this been discussed? 

162533031.jpg?height=700&aspect=FitWithi

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=AGC-AD-15729516&Cr=11

Would be a nice car without the whale tail.. I realise the lack of history and transmission conversion would incur some penalties on value AND that these 2.7's are not really desirable unless the MFI but what is it worth? David Light is a reputable seller Y/N?

I rang the previous owner of this car when I was looking but it wasn't a matching numbers car....

That was a requirement of mine... others might not be worried

Otherwise, a beautiful looking car.....

BTW.... I love the tail....

I rang the previous owner of this car when I was looking but it wasn't a matching numbers car....

That was a requirement of mine... others might not be worried

Otherwise, a beautiful looking car.....

BTW.... I love the tail....

Thanks.. do you recall the listing price back then? 

I'm half throwing the idea around of buying an older and not so desirable 911 so I'll have no hard feelings about hot rodding or bastardising it, so numbers matching is hardly an issue, just wouldn't want a basket case! 

Hey Edgy,

I do remember as it seemed like a good deal.....

The PO had it listed for $28k ono......

It was for sale for quite a while but I think the gearbox change and the numbers might have had something to do with it....

It has been listed with this seller for maybe a month or so...

Also found this left hooker for sale if mechanically minded..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911-SC-1982-2D-Coupe-5-SP-Manual-3L-Fuel-Injected-/261508191181?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3ce31a53cd&_uhb=1

Has this been discussed? 

162533031.jpg?height=700&aspect=FitWithi

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=AGC-AD-15729516&Cr=11

Would be a nice car without the whale tail.. I realise the lack of history and transmission conversion would incur some penalties on value AND that these 2.7's are not really desirable unless the MFI but what is it worth? David Light is a reputable seller Y/N?

Maybe just a trick of the light/shadow but sunroof doesnt seem to be sitting quite right

Hey Edgy,

I do remember as it seemed like a good deal.....

The PO had it listed for $28k ono......

It was for sale for quite a while but I think the gearbox change and the numbers might have had something to do with it....

It has been listed with this seller for maybe a month or so...

Also found this left hooker for sale if mechanically minded..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911-SC-1982-2D-Coupe-5-SP-Manual-3L-Fuel-Injected-/261508191181?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3ce31a53cd&_uhb=1

ok,

cheers.. would have been good buying at $28k

And I just saw that LHD one before you posted it... I think someone is gonna get a bargain! I'm definitely mechanically minded  ;)

But for now, I'll just be sitting and watching.  :ph34r:

It would have been a good deal if it was what I was looking for but you soon learn that in the Porsche world, if it seems too cheap, there's  a reason.....

Still, if like you it was to be a hotrod, those things don't matter. 

Good luck in your search... keep us posted....

Jobs 1, Head studs (people take ~35 hrs to do this and other stuff whilst they're at it...and need a few special tools) 2. Repaint (for those who are both mechanically minded and a dab hand with a spray gun (and can repair rust) or have a spare10-15k for a proper job .3. Seats have covers , are probably split , some upholstery work needed 4. General stuff to do, probably brakes and suspension and electrical  <_< oh and it's a leprous LHD too.

No wonder as a pensioner he is struggling to pay what has to be done to make this a good 911 . But hey the car has cold AC,  so that's a plus!

Mind you there are several teenagers on Rennlist tackling 928s whilst working for $10/hr.

For 10k start point you could put together a nice track car with ghetto paint job.

Uncle???

Jobs 1, Head studs (people take ~35 hrs to do this and other stuff whilst they're at it...and need a few special tools) 2. Repaint (for those who are both mechanically minded and a dab hand with a spray gun (and can repair rust) or have a spare10-15k for a proper job .3. Seats have covers , are probably split , some upholstery work needed 4. General stuff to do, probably brakes and suspension and electrical  <_< oh and it's a leprous LHD too.

No wonder as a pensioner he is struggling to pay what has to be done to make this a good 911 . But hey the car has cold AC,  so that's a plus!

Mind you there are several teenagers on Rennlist tackling 928s whilst working for $10/hr.

For 10k start point you could put together a nice track car with ghetto paint job.

Uncle???

at 10k i'd consider it as a spare shell in case i bin my track car.

(i'm fairly handy at bodywork too)

Maybe just a trick of the light/shadow but sunroof doesnt seem to be sitting quite right

Just so you know. I was going to look at this car when owned by its previous owner not that long ago when the price was under $25k. He also had a 928 for sale which MAY still be on Gumtrer. That owner told me it had been painted here and there, yet its colour matching wasnt done that well. I can't tell you anything else about it though, sorry.

I don't know if was sold to the current seller or is on consignment

I last saw it advertised for over $40k a few weeks ago.