Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

It's becoming harder to value the market as turnover/supply is so low.

I think this one has only been recently listed. Will be a good indicator of the market. The quicker it sells will probably mean the closer it sells to listing price, assuming the owner is not in a rush to sell.

This one is not high or low in mileage, but is an earlier non VarioRam car.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/AGC-AD-10124392/?Cr=8&sdmvc=1

Looks like this ones sold already !

They're not lasting long at all. Plenty of Tips and convertibles that have been sitting for some time though.

I'm pleased that values aren't going backwards, but going up is a bonus...........if I ever sell!!!

They're not lasting long at all. Plenty of Tips and convertibles that have been sitting for some time though.I'm pleased that values aren't going backwards, but going up is added bonus...........if I ever sell!!!

Not getting an itch are you Theo ?

Yeah that one at rsr garage went fast. Rob seems to turnover cars pretty quick. You can usually haggle a bit with him so would imagine it probably went for around $84k or so. Good price for it. Wonder how that translates to private sales ?

Nice 911 hot rod.

Big money but try to build one for anything like it.

No doubt some will disagree and wonder if thats the owners crack pipe in the front, but if you want to short cut your way to a long bonnet hot rod with a screamer motor here's your chance.

For me the lower stress and extra power of the 3.4 motor matters more than the short stroke screamer but I can understand the attraction. Just don't like the ownership stress of it all.

Be interesting to follow this ones course.

Yeah that one at rsr garage went fast. Rob seems to turnover cars pretty quick. You can usually haggle a bit with him so would imagine it probably went for around $84k or so. Good price for it. Wonder how that translates to private sales ?

Can't believe how fast that sold.

Makes you wonder if RSR had to discount at all. I guess it depends what other offers he was getting. At the moment, for air cooled, it seems like a sellers market.

Private sales: I can only see one other aust delivered manual coupe rwd, at that is listed at $95k.

Can't believe how fast that sold.

Makes you wonder if RSR had to discount at all. I guess it depends what other offers he was getting. At the moment, for air cooled, it seems like a sellers market.

Private sales: I can only see one other aust delivered manual coupe rwd, at that is listed at $95k.

Given the speed of the sale you could be right. When I bought off him I was able to shave $4k off his asking which was why I mentioned that.

$95k would be a stretch for a narrow body I would have thought. It's close to an S in price but maybe it's just the trend. Nice for current owners

That does seem like good value, if indeed it has had the resto mentioned. Wish I had the room....

Everything has been raked over at least once ;) this one included; has been for sale a longgg time

I know the seller and the car.  IMO its one of the nicest Sports Purpose / R Gruppe / early hotrods in the country.  The engine spec is amazing (try buying a set factory 2.8RSR heads these days...).  My guess is that the current pound/dollar and its VAT-exempt status will likely have it heading back to the UK.

Nice 911 hot rod.

Big money but try to build one for anything like it.

No doubt some will disagree and wonder if thats the owners crack pipe in the front, but if you want to short cut your way to a long bonnet hot rod with a screamer motor here's your chance.

For me the lower stress and extra power of the 3.4 motor matters more than the short stroke screamer but I can understand the attraction. Just don't like the ownership stress of it all.

Be interesting to follow this ones course.

I'm in the crack pipe camp. Super limited market and you'd have to really like all the options he has chosen. There was an orange ST inspired road/race car that I'm sure many from the 901 register will know (Mark Poole built car) that changed hands a little over a year ago for 1/2 that. It was an Aussie delivered RHD too. Had big bucks spent on it. Was owned by a guy named Cam. 

Edit: I had my dad look at it for me as I was quite interested. In retrospect I should have bought it. Here's it is. 

qEWynX.jpg

Hi All,

Yes the car is mine. I am still laughing about the crack pipe comment!

I will take another pic without it - silly really!

If anyone has questions please feel free to contact me on 0419 527 567.

Cal - I agree Cam's car was really cheap and was on sold within days. That car now is worth a heck of a lot more money given the movement in the last 14 months since it sold.

Thanks for nice comments. It is one hell of a lot of fun to drive, and goes like hell. Original motor is running but for me, I would refresh it. Would also consider selling with out the hot motor to save some $$$.

Don't get me wrong, I love it and want it. I just wouldn't pay that for it. But then I said that about Cam's car back then and look who's eating their hat now! 

Cal - I agree Cam's car was really cheap and was on sold within days. That car now is worth a heck of a lot more money given the movement in the last 14 months since it sold.

Really? He had it on the market forever. So someone bought it and turned it around for a profit? 

Really? He had it on the market forever. So someone bought it and turned it around for a profit? 

It was indeed a lovely car and well priced. You can find the ad on the early S forum,  it was on there for 6 months , then the trail goes cold.

Mark Poole bought it from Cam, ran it at Rennsport and then another buyer who wanted the car then purchased it the following week from Mark. So technically it went through Mark Poole, but the current owner still has it as far as I know, and loving it.

Mark Poole bought it from Cam, ran it at Rennsport and then another buyer who wanted the car then purchased it the following week from Mark. So technically it went through Mark Poole, but the current owner still has it as far as I know, and loving it.

LOL Mark told me he was thinking about buying it and I took it with a grain of salt! I did wonder who picked it up when I saw it run at Rennsport. 

It's not the one that used to be advertised with a pic of Parliament house in the background, is it?

Yeah, I remember that one...... it was for sale a long time ago and for a long time...

I'm not sure if it's the same one but if it is, they were asking a lot more at the time....

Ahh, the memories of the search.....

It's not the one that used to be advertised with a pic of Parliament house in the background, is it?

Yeah, I remember that one...... it was for sale a long time ago and for a long time...

I'm not sure if it's the same one but if it is, they were asking a lot more at the time....

Ahh, the memories of the search.....

nada gents seems red 911's in canberra sit for awhile...im not sure the 'feel the power' Parli house shot is working for that car..i also think it is still for sale.