Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

That approach works here too, but only until a roadside conversation with the law gives you a yellow sticker. That escalates into a red sticker because of the cage, then its a one way journey on to the restricted Rally registration, where you can only drive in events, or for tuning purposes.

Yeah is never going to happen in NSW. Well not unless you know the right people with very bad eye sight who are happy to look at it in a dark room with the light off.

Having driven my mates gt40 rep with a full cage, I would have to agree that it is not safe and should not be driven without a helmet and harness

So, seems like a deposit has been taken on this one......

Have prices really gone this stupid? ( it is a sporto.... )

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1978/AGC-AD-16443654/?Cr=15&sdmvc=1

This result makes me feel good about my au delivered matching numbers manual sc.... damn i should have bought 2 of em a few years ago!

"Sunroof delete" models command a premium in the USA ; maybe targa is "roof delete"?

Anyway some of us have our castles , which cannot be bought at any price.

thecastle.jpg

Ha, everything of mine is available at the right price. Including my sunroof delete coupe :)

So, seems like a deposit has been taken on this one......

Have prices really gone this stupid? ( it is a sporto.... )

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1978/AGC-AD-16443654/?Cr=15&sdmvc=1

Don't get me started on your smog pump   :D

Just an observation but mine is a '76 Australian delivered and my windscreen wipers rest on the drivers side and not the passengers side like this car. Would that change between years? Were the extended rubber headlight washers on Australian models?

Waits for Russ to give you a "Custom User title"

that'd just be childish and petty! i'd never stoop to such lows *cough*

Don't get me started on your smog pump :D

Just an observation but mine is a '76 Australian delivered and my windscreen wipers rest on the drivers side and not the passengers side like this car. Would that change between years? Were the extended rubber headlight washers on Australian models?

It used to be a common mod switching the sides your wipers park on, it's easy to switch back. There's a whole thread about the long headlight washers on Carrera 3.0's on here. they're like hens teeth

The Sunroof Delete panel is £175.00 including and Aluminium Gauge to check curvature in both side/side and fore/aft planes.

Shipping to NSW is £80.00 using UPS – the box we supply is 100cm x 45cm x 8 cm and weight is about 7.5kg as we brace it internally to prevent damage.

If you are going to fit a headliner you will need some tension rods (4 off) as these are not present in Non-Sun Roof cars. We make these rods in a Spring Temper Stainless Steel complete with the rubber end caps at £65 per set (50% of the cost of new parts from Porsche)

We also have headliners in Black or White perforated vinyl at £110 complete with screen aperture clips and vinyl for A and B Posts.

No, not from Stafford….is that in Tasmania ?

It is a direct cut and paste from an email I received after enquiring about a sunroof plug.  

I gather, by your lack of recognition of the £ symbol, that you were not a child of the sixties or a POHM

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/semaphore/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911-2-7lt-1973-1974-aust-delivered-rare/1055235688

I sort of expected a long hood.. interesting that it has body coloured headlight rings too - there is a highlight in the ad though 

With a very small amour of TLC this car could be worth $70 k .

my chest hurts