Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

78SC just came up in Vic. Almost looks like Dreamr's.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3225351

Must be an import, still rather on the cheap side for a coupe. Looks like it might need a little bit of time put into it for a clean up.

What was the price?

Still finding it hard to believe an sc went for 60k.

If I had the money and time, I'd part that.

A 1971 vin on a rolling chassis, even with missing parts, is worth at least 10k all day long.

If that's a genuine wing on the back, worth big bucks.

Sell the motor, trans, those Simmons wheels...you could easy flip that all out for a tidy earner.

If I had the money and time, I'd part that.

A 1971 vin on a rolling chassis, even with missing parts, is worth at least 10k all day long.

If that's a genuine wing on the back, worth big bucks.

Sell the motor, trans, those Simmons wheels...you could easy flip that all out for a tidy earner.

Did you buy it? It's now sold!

What a stunning car ......... BUT ...

Agree or disagree, the advertiser of this car should be totally ashamed of that pitiful excuse for an advert ....

Ask $360k and put a description and interior photos like that ..... :unsure:

Did you buy it? It's now sold!

Certainly not me.  I already have an surplus of vehicles and a deficit of cash.  Maybe I gave a lurker an idea?  Anything with a pre-73 VIN is worth big bucks because a fully restored one is worth more than the parts necessary to put it back together.

Agree or disagree, the advertiser of this car should be totally ashamed of that pitiful excuse for an advert ....

Ask $360k and put a description and interior photos like that .....

I'm guessing anyone in the market for a Carrera GT knows what they are.

Nuts to own something you can't drive unless you have a dealer plate.  I guess it could be bought for speculation - they have developed somewhat of a widow maker reputation so might be considered fondly in the years to come.  They weren't groundbreaking in terms of top speed or anything like that in their day, though.

It's amazing when you think about it - a company so short of cash 10 years earlier it can't afford a redesign of the 993 interior, and yet it has the spare funds to build something like the Carrera GT.  Just shows what having the right strategy can do for the cash reserves.

I'm guessing anyone in the market for a Carrera GT knows what they are.

I agree with your above statement ....

But a bit of history on this particular car ..... where from ... previous owner .... from a collection? How and why is it here .... etc. shouldn't he be selling the dream, building it up and doing everything possible?

And those photos of the interior?