Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Lately, Porsche fans have been putting up big dollars to indulge that need for speed. In the last four years, Porsche 550s have quadrupled in value, and 993s, the 911s of 1993 to 1999, have tripled in just the last 18 months, says Richard Sloan, who sells Porsches through Sloan Cars in New Haven, Conn. The surge of 4_6.jpg?itok=-UhahiMLthe 993 partly reflects collectors’ interest in air-cooled engines, as it was the last Porsche to have that type. “It’s just absolutely bedlam,” Sloan says of the market. The results at the January Scottsdale auctions prove his point: The average selling price for a Porsche was $336,200—more than triple what it was four years earlier, with prices buoyed by a 1966 906 Carrera 6 that fetched $1.98 million and a 1988 959 Sport that drew $1.7 million, both at Gooding & Co. 

The spiraling value of Porsches coincides with an upsurge across the collectible car market, which started roughly four years ago and continues to accelerate, depending on the model. No surprise, classic 911s made from 1964 to 1999 are leading the pack. In January, Russo and Steele sold a 1974 911 2.7 RS for $302,500—the highest price for a 911 in Scottsdale this year. In Scottsdale overall, 23 classic 911s sold for an average of $166,698. No doubt, Porsche mania is alive and well. 

- See more at: http://robbreport.com/automobiles/turbo-props#sthash.t3d0H6on.dpuf

This one has been on the market for a while.  Appreciate any input:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2001/SSE-AD-3010596/?Cr=0

my guess - interior colour and automatic are putting people off. The words Turbo and Auto don't belong together, unless of course you are talking PDK which I would thoroughly recommend as the perfect 'lazy mans' GBOX.

If you can find a manual at this price, with these low Km's - Buy it - all the talk is that 996 turbo's are going to be on the rise

meant to be non matching numbers and is a IB backdate...so what? Could be a cracker of a driver car. No rust? no serious prior or current damage? strong engine box? good suspension? are these bad things -  could be worse such as sat in a dusty shed for 25 years and requires total recomissioning

Been on the market for ages, looks like a lot of money has been spent on it. I'm guessing most people don't want a targa 'track car'.  

who wouldnt love a Gt3 drive

First one I've seen for sale since I bought mine last August. Looks like it might have done some track work - 6 point cage, harness, suede wheel, clubsport seats and 2 sets of rims. Probably not an issue if properly maintained.

Only 28 x 996 GT2 were Aus delivered of which it's rumoured about half remain. So they are quite rare and pretty good buying given good Turbos are up to 110-120k. About 100kg lighter than a turbo, rwd, no TC/SC. Very fast and not as scary as the widowmaker tag would have you believe. Happy to provide further bits of info on what I know by PM if anyone's interested.

Nice looking car. Shame it is a lefty. 

"Once you've had left you'll never go back"

"If you haven't owned a lefty you haven't lived"

"Euro spec"

"Highly sought after the world over"

"A 911 man shifts with his dominant hand"

etc  :P