Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

no, not sold... have a fella wanting to arrange an inspection... 

I created the advert, but didnt have photos ready.. I thought I could just "save" before publishing (like on ebay) but no..

It was online for 2 minutes before the phone rang...

I pulled it down with the intent of taking proper photos next weekend.. but now that he is organising inspection, figured I may as well re-list it.

I dont think it will sell fast. I listed first at $65 but there are some issues that need painting so I lowered it to $60.

The car has been put back to totally stock.

I don't know - you get a call minutes after listing?  I'm with Dusty and T on this one - offers over 70k and see what happens.

so I think the $70-$75k mark is about right for a highish kms Aussi delivered C4. 

Glad I picked mine up when I did i.e. a year ago almost to the day. Also the AUD was trading in the 90 cent range at the time so the project would cost a hell of a lot more if I was to doing it now. 

Glad I picked mine up when I did i.e. a year ago almost to the day. Also the AUD was trading in the 90 cent range at the time so the project would cost a hell of a lot more if I was to doing it now.

and look what you turned it into..

...ruined. Probably couldn't get $25k for it now. Bloody back date, outlaw nonsense...

:)

So, if anyone is after the cheapest non-molested 911 coupe for sale that I can find:

79SC, white/black, LHD US import -$35k

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mountain-creek/cars-vans-utes/1979-porsche-911-coupe/1078841141

It's around the corner from me so if anyone is interested I could go and look.

EDIT: here is the pic

$_20.JPG

Yes, gear knob and steering wheel are not original, likely not the tea tray whale tail, periscope stop light and carrera badge, either.  For that matter someone took the time to circumcise the headlights, so it's not all bad.

Not sure why three photos of the dash but shows missing door lock and air-con knobs gone as well.  And the aerial comes out on the wrong side for some reason.

Still, you do get a coupe with fuchs wheels for under 40k and that's not always easy to find.

Has the earlier (say pre 83) aircooled 911 market gone mad or am I missing something? It is as if buyers will pay almost whatever it takes to buy a decent car when it comes up for sale because of the dearth of available cars. If a 74S is worth $ 72,000 then what is a more desirable car, say a 3.0 Carrera like the one that Obrut is thinking of selling now worth - surely north of $100,000 ??

Sure glad that I am not in the market for one at this point in time.

Rob

Has the earlier (say pre 83) aircooled 911 market gone mad or am I missing something? It is as if buyers will pay almost whatever it takes to buy a decent car when it comes up for sale because of the dearth of available cars. If a 74S is worth $ 72,000 then what is a more desirable car, say a 3.0 Carrera like the one that Obrut is thinking of selling now worth - surely north of $100,000 ??

Sure glad that I am not in the market for one at this point in time.

Rob

This is from July last year, but will answer all of you questions ....

Happy reading .....

Mike I think $60K is too cheap to put on your car.  The slate grey tip on here was about $64K and was a HK car wasn't it?

I don't know, but I feel like you might be being a little harsh on your own cars minor body imperfections...likely no worse (and probably much better) than most other cars advertised.

Shoot for $70K