Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Hasn't helped me though.. i still have it after 4 days! 

And I've had multiple people saying they want to give a deposit straight away.. then disappear.. say they are flying in for a meeting.. then the meeting gets cancelled.... 

Selling a Porsche is not really any different to selling any other car! Oh well...

has Mike sold his car,...? (no longer online)

keeping an eye on the red c4 that you should have bought already Fraz. Don't think of it as spending alot of money, just putting it in a fun savings account with a good interest rate :)

Out of interest , what do you project as a potential profit in , say 3 years?

Taking into account insurance , service costs , storage , fuel , tyres ,  vendor stamp duty , any finance costs etc?

My wife certainly wouldn't buy the notion of old cars as a certain investment , but she doesn't mind me having fun.

keeping an eye on the red c4 that you should have bought already Fraz. Don't think of it as spending alot of money, just putting it in a fun savings account with a good interest rate :)

271A9FC1-567D-46C0-8CF5-2EE7056CB3F5_zps

Thanks for cheering me up mate , great view.

964's are out of my league now.

Taking into account insurance , service costs , storage , fuel , tyres ,  vendor stamp duty , any finance costs etc?

My wife certainly wouldn't buy the notion of old cars as a certain investment , but she doesn't mind me having fun.

Let me do the maths and get back to you

Turbo in Rosewood, the owner has had lots of interest from dealers at closer to $100K and even had a deposit on it at more than the asking price, however thy sale fell through.

One of the best available recently in my opinion, and arguably more collectible than later versions.

turbo%20Rosewood_zpslefhwtmh.jpg

That's not rosewood. This is rosewood:

Screen-Shot-2012-12-21-at-11.29.20-AM.pn

No , it appears many owners tend to be distractable types

and no CGI in 1982,  oh dear was this Ozzy one rebuilt  :wub:

930_crash_82.jpg

Always what happened to the bike copper (dave) out of Matlock Police ^_^  

You asked. Hopefully I have now proved myself as an irresponsible driver who intends to enjoy his cars not lock them up, but as far as car ownership goes and value for money a well bought air cooled makes a lot of sense.

B413326D-499D-425D-BC8C-D0BFBCDF44AF_zps

Would you classify it as a high risk investment , given the bubble etc and the fact that these old cars sometimes go kaput?

My understanding from all those on PFA with much more knowledge then me is that these little cars keep going as long at they are well maintained and you factor in the odd rebuild every 20 years. It is not like there is no risk but when you factor in scarcity (they ain't building no more), zero depreciation, the potential for modest gains, and the amazing fun factor of actually driving them (yes tomo - i drive them aswell) it is pretty compelling, which is why I am sure they are going up in value. If you hang onto it, don't worry about the value, and enjoy driving it, I see very little risk at all. Just get insurance :). if you are looking for quick flips i guess you might get caught

You asked. Hopefully I have now proved myself as an irresponsible driver who intends to enjoy his cars not lock them up, but as far as car ownership goes and value for money a well bought air cooled makes a lot of sense.

B413326D-499D-425D-BC8C-D0BFBCDF44AF_zps

You forgot to factor in the opportunity loss of the funds.