Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Becoming desperate to sell before the end of the financial year?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/pearsall/cars-vans-utes/1987-porsche-911-sports-targa-best-offer-over-25k/1080633609

Or is $25k the best offer received so far and he's now trying to get out of a mistake? Genuinely interested in people's thoughts on this one.

That's the father and son deal. Has been listed for ages.

Worth the cost of a flight to WA and a careful look I'd say assuming Chris doesn't have some deal breaking info.

Nothing really, I just remember the ad from 1+ year ago where the guy was rambling along in all caps about this Targa he has for his Son but he's selling it and the also selling his 4S for (what then was) a stupidly high price of around $200,000.   He never actually managed to get any information out on the car, much like this time.

WA Car Sales is a wholesaler who is not always open, so call prior to flying over :)

Surely we have a Perth rep on the board who can go over the car with a magnet and screwdriver ?   It is a UK car

btw...the rego expires in 10 days....on the (wait for it) 20/06/2015 - the very same day the car MUST be sold.  So he is willing to take up to $10,000 hit to save paying a few hundred in rego ?  Somethings up.

Nothing really, I just remember the ad from 1+ year ago where the guy was rambling along in all caps about this Targa he has for his Son but he's selling it and the also selling his 4S for (what then was) a stupidly high price of around $200,000.   He never actually managed to get any information out on the car, much like this time.

WA Car Sales is a wholesaler who is not always open, so call prior to flying over :)

Surely we have a Perth rep on the board who can go over the car with a magnet and screwdriver ?   It is a UK car

btw...the rego expires in 10 days....on the (wait for it) 20/06/2015 - the very same day the car MUST be sold.  So he is willing to take up to $10,000 hit to save paying a few hundred in rego ?  Somethings up.

Yes, I've been watching the previous adverts, think the 4S was down to $140k before this latest change to shift the Targa. Must admit, it's one of the weirdest adverts I'd read in a while, saying it was bought as his sons first car but his wife cracked the shits with him so it had to go! Everything about it just sounds fishy, I hadn't noticed the rego expiry on the 20th but that does suggest something's up. I'm not that desperate to fly over to look at a shed...

I have exchanged email with the Guys in WA… all i can say , very very weird , wont commit to any deal , I feel it might be a scam .. I as i was looking for two cars , asked him to name his price , a few times , I just get these ramblings back 

Every time , I asked to view , a price or PPI  , I get some weird reply.

If you can bag the deal do it but I would only be doing COD , especially after my own experience of the last crew in WA selling their car twice and taking the deposits…I had to fight and threaten to get mine back..

I couldnt think of an answer other than paypal them 20k and then you could revoke your deposit of it didnt happen , not sure how else to get a protected transaction.

I have exchanged email with the Guys in WA… all i can say , very very weird , wont commit to any deal , I feel it might be a scam .. I as i was looking for two cars , asked him to name his price , a few times , I just get these ramblings back 

Every time , I asked to view , a price or PPI  , I get some weird reply.

If you can bag the deal do it but I would only be doing COD , especially after my own experience of the last crew in WA selling their car twice and taking the deposits…I had to fight and threaten to get mine back..

I couldnt think of an answer other than paypal them 20k and then you could revoke your deposit of it didnt happen , not sure how else to get a protected transaction.

Which car are you referring to?

If its the C4S one with the targa also for sale. I have seen and spoken to the owner, although he did only have the C4S then. I also have photos taken next to my previous 993. He is a car wholesaler but this is from his personal collection.

Nice looking 2.2 at a reasonable price. Even though it has been converted, no doubt gone by now, considering the rate they are sell at the moment. I think it was for sale last year and must not have sold, unless its another owner.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1971/SSE-AD-3086877/?Cr=2

Which car are you referring to?

If its the C4S one with the targa also for sale. I have seen and spoken to the owner, although he did only have the C4S then. I also have photos taken next to my previous 993. He is a car wholesaler but this is from his personal collection.

The Targa with "offers over $25k" now has SOLD written against the ad.

Nice looking 2.2 at a reasonable price. Even though it has been converted, no doubt gone by now, considering the rate they are sell at the moment. I think it was for sale last year and must not have sold, unless its another owner.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1971/SSE-AD-3086877/?Cr=2

I'm in love with this car. Was for sale earlier in the year for $76k and sat for ages. I assumed it had been sold when it dissappeared but looks like he's having another crack at selling. If only I could manipulate my special spreadsheet to convince the Mrs it belongs in our garage. Will be interesting to see if it sells quickly this time around

I'm in love with this car. Was for sale earlier in the year for $76k and sat for ages. I assumed it had been sold when it dissappeared but looks like he's having another crack at selling. If only I could manipulate my special spreadsheet to convince the Mrs it belongs in our garage. Will be interesting to see if it sells quickly this time around

Mark Pooles old car, not great..... but not bad.