Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

great colour combo - wear on the seat bolsters and gear knob looks a little harsh for such a low km car

Do they not just spray paint leather these days? And the leather is pretty flimsy.

Now what about the apparent wear on the brake discs? Groovy, yeah baby?

Do they not just spray paint leather these days? And the leather is pretty flimsy.

Yes - most cars have "Pleather", thank Mercedes Benz for that, real leather (aka cow skin) is typically a rather expensive upgrade

Even so - the "Pleather" has worn for such a low km car  :)

Yes - most cars have "Pleather", thank Mercedes Benz for that, real leather (aka cow skin) is typically a rather expensive upgrade

Even so - the "Pleather" has worn for such a low km car  :)

If a new car says leather seats then it will be leather, false advertising if not.

Mercedes offer (now and in the past) MBtex (vinyl that will last for decades, stuff in my 67 Merc still looks like new) and real leather.

Most leather I thought would still be pigment dyed. Most people want soft leather in their cars which shows wear more quickly than harder leathers. Check out the seats in my E320 next time, they are quite hard, have slight crease lines but still look really good.

Cars since 1997 have a vinyl coating on the leather , so it says here  So that would be sprayed coloured vinyl a bit like plastikote?

Oh and my 928 seats are like your E320s Adam , tough cowhide!

Not sure? It is still real leather so could just be a thin clear vinyl coating to help protect the leather? A bit like clear coating on paintwork?? :unsure:

If it was just coloured vinyl why have real leather under it?

If it was just coloured vinyl why have real leather under it?

Because quite simply,  leather is "prestigious". Even though many animals die for the privilege , but we won't go into that one!

Hell,  even our kids' old Outback has a little bit of seat leather to set off the plastic walnut trim!

Yes Good buying for a Turbo T, what % does Taxes and a boat cruize add to the deal?

i looked into this once - quite a bit..(actually just emailed the seller to see if they can work it out for me)

from memory (i am sure others can correct)

shipping (about $3000K)

10% gst  - think this is on the buy price + the shipping costs

duty - (5%?)

+ good old LCT which is about 30% on any value over $60kish)

might also be some compliance costs also

Importing high value cars doesn't make much sense with this kind of loading. Keeping it under or near to the LCT threshold and you are probably ok, but where in the world do you find quality P-cars for $60K anymore :)