Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I inspected both cars, and morally I couldnt stand by and keep my mouth closed if people are interested.

The blue hardtop has had some serious driver's side impact damage - the whole side of the car from the front arch back is not straight. The door has been replaced as part of the work to fix it, but as a result it doesnt fit now (fingers fit under the door) and 10mm+ gap at the front fender panel. The roof is a different colour to the rest of the car too. He has photos of the car being restored in the UK, and it appears the damage has occurred since he owned it after that restoration. Theres also a large chunk of rust thats eaten the wall of the engine bay around the oil filter that will most likely require the engine to be dropped to get at properly. 

As for the 3.2 cabrio - it is straight, and original, but there is rust on the drivers side just below the door in front of the rear arch. Theres also a decent dent in the drivers side door. I didnt look into this car as closely (didnt get inside it), so Id be warned at the possibility of more rust as its kept outside. 

check out this site if you want to know more about these two cars. 

http://www.porscheloveaffair.com

I inspected both cars, and morally I couldnt stand by and keep my mouth closed if people are interested.

The blue hardtop has had some serious driver's side impact damage - the whole side of the car from the front arch back is not straight. The door has been replaced as part of the work to fix it, but as a result it doesnt fit now (fingers fit under the door) and 10mm+ gap at the front fender panel. The roof is a different colour to the rest of the car too. He has photos of the car being restored in the UK, and it appears the damage has occurred since he owned it after that restoration. Theres also a large chunk of rust thats eaten the wall of the engine bay around the oil filter that will most likely require the engine to be dropped to get at properly. 

As for the 3.2 cabrio - it is straight, and original, but there is rust on the drivers side just below the door in front of the rear arch. Theres also a decent dent in the drivers side door. I didnt look into this car as closely (didnt get inside it), so Id be warned at the possibility of more rust as its kept outside. 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbourne-cbd/cars-vans-utes/1989-porsche-911-coupe/1081992088

Same owner, now dropped $10k off the original asking price. At that level it's approaching a sensible buy if you budget the $10k to fix the rust. The car drove well on a very short trip I did in it a few weeks ago after hiring the blue car for the day, but I'd still go for a decent ppi first to gain a better understanding of it's mechanical condition and of the rust it has. I note from the photos it's still on the SA plates he bought it on, so perhaps the roadworthy to register the car here in VIC is a stumbling block. With a rwc I'd buy it and set out the restoration for the future, but no way would I buy it without a roady.

The owner is a member on here and I'm sure he's seen the comments about his cars. They're not perfect and not advertised as such in my opinion.

So hows the shiny targa hoop? Is that why its lost 5K , has anyone seen this car?

Looks like the sister car to yours GUT

Yeah. I like it a lot. I'd like it even more for a few less $

Yep, same owner as the 81SC discussed earlier.

On another note and as requested by Dusty...;

I would like to introduce you to my pending delivery. Turns out getting the PPI on the 81SC was a great plan as it opened my eyes to said SC but most importantly I was put onto this and I am in love with her curves!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdxag9hebo6pmwk/Betty.jpg?dl=0

Yep, same owner as the 81SC discussed earlier.

On another note and as requested by Dusty...;

I would like to introduce you to my pending delivery. Turns out getting the PPI on the 81SC was a great plan as it opened my eyes to said SC but most importantly I was put onto this and I am in love with her curves!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdxag9hebo6pmwk/Betty.jpg?dl=0

Tell us more about Betty please!

Quote: Listed on eBay due to time wasters, dreamers and concourse for peanuts seekers.

Good luck if he thinks E-bay will solve any of that? 

On the face of it ,looks like a decent car though. It'll be interesting to see if the auction runs its course or gets pulled before hand. 

Hi Dusty,

It does work. Because you bring out certain people and say this is the price. Not interested in other bullshit. But damn does it bring out some other interesting folks I'm responding to here as well. 

There's no malice in stating facts, it may just help some fellow forum members now or in the future. 

Edgy,

Please understand the difference between facts that help PFA members, and opinions that help potential purchasers get people on PFA to call up and low ball Porsche sellers. 

Thankfully, I purchased another very nice Porsche, based bad mouthing through this forum. And the said Porsche wasn't at all what was said. 

Unfortunately this thread is taking on a very particular tool for buyers. 

Hi,

10mm gap at front fender panel door - true.

Door replaced - true.

Door doesn't fit now and fingers fit under door - not true.

Roof different colour - rubbish.

Large chunk of rust in engine near oil filter - True.

3.2 Cabrio - 

- I think this is the same person that said a paint chip will require a completely new respray.

- Decent dent? haha rubbish. 

Don't understand what on earth these people want??? It's not listed for $60k or $70k....,

I guess I am another (unintentional) time waster, looked at the coupe and decided against a PPI.

I see the asking price has dropped some.

Not at all. You were professional and it was a pleasure to met you. I think the time wasters was more referencing to people that want the Porsche for a ridiculous price.