Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

$100,000something. Second hand info from Michael

When I called this morning he said that they are working on the price and will advise soon together with import details ......  perhaps they will be more forthcoming on the price when face-to-face   

Is the RS $1.3mAUD or $1.3mUS? I can see it heading to Europe at that price, an old acquaintance of mine sold his RS 2 years ago for £750k so at $1.3mAUD it's relatively cheap....

To think, in 2008/9 when I worked at LaingORourke right by CTS, they had a gulf blue 3.0 Carrera in the showroom for 6 months with a $70k price tag on it. Had we won the contract I was there to work on, I promised myself (and them) I'd buy it, but we didn't so I went back to the UK and missed my lunches and coffees there with a passion. It took another 6 months for it to disappear off their website, not that I watched it or anything :mellow: 

I sat in the 904 and went beep beep- very cool thing  - was for sale at Duttons for 170k +

this is only 1of 2 legit road registered replicas in oz out of approx 6??known to be here.

Martin & Walker build these in the UK. It's petite dainty petite. and by all accounts poised and bloody quick 

As close as anyone's going to get to owning a pukka 904 and not worry when they drive it to their local IGA 

This right hand drive convertible looks like a decent buy at $22k and at least he has been honest about its shortcomings!

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/newtown/cars-vans-utes/1975-porsche-911/1082738418

2445c8g.jpg

64jdvr.jpg

RHD converted non matching - someone should weld a roof back on this one... Motor worries...

PS It's not a C3.0 variant 

Edited by michel

Is the RS $1.3mAUD or $1.3mUS? I can see it heading to Europe at that price, an old acquaintance of mine sold his RS 2 years ago for £750k so at $1.3mAUD it's relatively cheap....

To think, in 2008/9 when I worked at LaingORourke right by CTS, they had a gulf blue 3.0 Carrera in the showroom for 6 months with a $70k price tag on it. Had we won the contract I was there to work on, I promised myself (and them) I'd buy it, but we didn't so I went back to the UK and missed my lunches and coffees there with a passion. It took another 6 months for it to disappear off their website, not that I watched it or anything :mellow: 

I lusted after that Gulf blue Carrera3.o, too, and enquired after it. Beautiful thing with Cibies on the bonnet. At the time it was $30K more expensive than any other Carrera3.o out there. Haven't seen head not tail of it for years, obviously a coveted part of someone's collection.

964 now extinct. Last one on carsales gone

It reminds me of fishing the lakes. All these geared up fishos with baited breath and rods...but no fish!

Just give it a break over winter and they'll be back swimming around in spring. Though that might be spring of 2018 when the housing bubble has popped.

Tazzie any parables .. Fishes n loaves to share...

its what's swimming under the water that we're not seeing at the moment...which would be of interest to most 

Edited by michel

RHD converted non matching - someone should weld a roof back on this one... Motor worries...

PS It's not a C3.0 variant 

It may have (and probably did) start life as a targa ...... seems there was an instruction manual available on how to convert a targa to a convertible.

Apparently it has a cracked case. You're doing well to crack a case on these things in standard form. Obviously has been either:

A: neglected mechanically (what else is neglected on it?)

B: thrashed within - no, beyond an inch of its life

C: All of the above

I pick C.

I think this car is definitely a case of 'good from far'...

I have a spare case.

I have a spare roof:)

I am seriously considering that. With the cheap entry price of say a 964 cab, and I would want to make it into a backdate hot rod anyway. I could do the panel and paint work, it is just the cost and availability of the roof. 

996 cab, $19.5. No idea about condition - at this price it could be a bomb or maybe the owner thinks it's a boxster ;)  VIN decodes to a C4 cab.  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1999-Porsche-911-996-carrera-convertible-/271916073946

On paper its a steal and should be gone by the time I'm finished writing this.

Maybe the last oil change came with enough iron filings to scare a year 7 science teacher so they just filled it back up with Castrol Edge then put the add up.  I hope not and it all checks out and turns out to be a great deal.