Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Prob give it another few months and maybe people would start turning towards other Marquez, who knows... One thing I know, the retro look is in and that's screaming PORSCHE

Around 6-7 years ago I was looking on carsales at 70s Ferraris and Lambos; there were always 5-6 of these FS; all have disappeared ; blame the internet for stirring up interest!

Maybe the baby boomers are spending the kid's inheritance?

Oh and there were always 12 or so 924s , now only around 4 , so anything old is getting squirrelled away - or has been crashed and neglected ? 

Grab 'em while you can , even if your spouse objects .

The 72 white 911 2.4 is back on sale (carsales) price adjusted to 157k, from what I have seen here in Europe it would be the same 157 in Euro or Stirling, so does that make it cheap ?

I think that is the one that has a car in qld with the same vin. 

Shannons is 5 minutes from my house, had a look there last weekend at the upcoming auction stock. That Ferrari is just a little bit tired, certainly a car that's been fully used in competition that's for sure.

There's a hot rod 356A for sale, first one in a while.  Left to right conversion after 160 be interesting to see how he gets on.

link; http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-356A-1957/SSE-AD-3483605/?Cr=0

The 72 white 911 2.4 is back on sale (carsales) price adjusted to 157k, from what I have seen here in Europe it would be the same 157 in Euro or Stirling, so does that make it cheap ?

I think that is the one that has a car in qld with the same vin. 

Story here

http://www.typ901.org/showthread.php?s=2cbc8250e08179e5542e35eb005243f6&t=5938

What have the prices been for 356's anyone been watching them? 

Typically a lot more than any early 911... Till now 

that's a big Q.  what model 

Edited by michel

356 coupes in general , I just wondered what the general values of 356 like the hotrod have gone for , when i started looking for a new car probably 12 weeks ago , a 356 cab came on the market and sold 120k , very nice car and in the last 12 weeks the worlds gone nuts , so just looking now at all options for the new toy , but seriously dont want to pay mental over the odds… for me the 911 cars have gone mental and the hype is driving prices way out of probably their true value.that I would rather have two or three other cars in the garage

Yep a big question, just general info really and i have notice hotrods havent sold so well here , I just arrived back form overseas so havent been watching the market 

For 160k arena I can get a 997 turbo  auto and a 996 4S for the lady of the house , even if they do come with free bottle of mineral water :wacko:

Edited by symsy
spilling and tipping error

I've been offered $150k for my Aust delivered A Coupe at the start of the year and it's not in concourse condition (but has all original matching no panels), its original and a driver but in saying that the local experts reckon it's the nicest one they've driven.  It's done a Melbourne to Sydney trip no problem, the wife can drive it and its what motoring is all about.  

I jumped on it when it came up as I sat on my hands around 4 years ago when you could get a really nice A for $65-$70k and missed a few by not getting around to it.  Those days are long gone as shells sell in the US for $40k nowadays  

Hot rod 356's are never well received here by the masses unfortunately. It's the only way I'd want to own one, slammed to the floor with big wheels and a hot motor.

From what I've seen in Porsche land when it comes to Australia (and I'm a newby to it), people mostly want original cars.

Even if it has been modified (aka lowered, big wheels etc) and the original bits come with it, they either don't want the 'hassle' of having a shop turning it back to standard coz they're mechanically inept, or they think it has been thrashed to death.....or theyre just lazy!

The one that has been posted for sale (Jeff's car) has had quite a few incarnations I believe. I remember seeing it 2 or 3 years ago Canary yellow with wide steelies and very low. I recently saw the car how it is now in Mark Pooles shop, and it really is a thing of beauty up close. Whether the price reflects that, well, that's up to whoever wants to stump up that sorta wedge for a 356. Very nice car though, as Jeff doesn't do things by halves I'm told, and he's selling to buy an earlier car if he hasn't already.