Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Good on ya!

lets revisit these thoughts  in 12mths :)

Haha. No turning back now. I have convinced my wife it is a great investment and I have already been sourcing the backdate body panels. 

Anyone want to buy big arse ugly wing or some sugar scoops ;)

Haha. No turning back now. I have convinced my wife it is a great investment and I have already been sourcing the backdate body panels. 

Anyone want to buy big arse ugly wing or some sugar scoops ;)

Well done mate, great to meet on the weekend.

I am very interested how this one pans out... keep us updated, build thread required!

Well done mate, great to meet on the weekend.

I am very interested how this one pans out... keep us updated, build thread required!

Thanks mate, yeah great to meet you guys too. I want to get stuck in but I have to finish building the house extension before I can concentrate on it. So my arse is hanging out getting that out if he way so I can get into he fun stuff. 

Just wondering why no one seems interested in this car 1976 Porsche 930 Turbo Manual on carsales ? I know its not the prettiest but looks like some one spent a lot money on it and could be a good base for a hotrod. Is there something I'm missing ?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-930-1976/OAG-AD-1155355/?Cr=8

Just wondering why no one seems interested in this car 1976 Porsche 930 Turbo Manual on carsales ? I know its not the prettiest but looks like some one spent a lot money on it and could be a good base for a hotrod. Is there something I'm missing ?

Agree, looks like it is a lot of car for the money. Doesn't look that ugly to me--I've seen a lot worse for more money

Can't look beyond the fact that an unmolested 76 930 is probably worth $300k+

For a moment I thought about buying to return back to original, but there is practically nothing original left, so put it in the too hard basket

It's already a hotrod.

I also don't think it's a genuine 930 but I haven't confirmed that.

You don't see many JDM 911's. I wonder why? Everything else makes it's way to Australia in pretty big numbers, why not Porsches? They sold new in Japan in both LHD and RHD, specs pretty similar to ours from what I understand. 

Edited by Cal

cause it's somebodies bastardized love child...not that's an issue... Just ain't a pukka '76 930

cause it's somebodies bastardized love child...not that's an issue... Just ain't a pukka '76 930

Put some RUF wheels on it get rid of that  small plane on the engine hood, Call it a Yellow bird replica I think it might sell ;)

You don't see many JDM 911's. I wonder why? Everything else makes it's way to Australia in pretty big numbers, why not Porsches? They sold new in Japan in both LHD and RHD, specs pretty similar to ours from what I understand. 

Our 964 C4 is JDM? Original RHD, privately imported. Best thing is no sunroof or cruise control, which I believe every oz delivered 964 came with? Plus nobody has butchered the front right fender by drilling a hole for a "dealer fitted" radio antenna!

Been hiding in the Tassy wilderness for the past few days; it's good to get out of electronic range!

My latest ed of Classic LR mag has this piece on value vs price , which will strike a chord amongst some of you watching the AC 911 market going mental...whilst you "miss out" 

EPSON004.jpg

Taziemans 911 is JDM I think.

i have seen them around.  A few years back I was chatting with a guy who bought  a LHD mid year jap import 911 for something like $20k.  It was ok but a bit rough.

There was another one for sale near me about 18 months ago with a twin plug engine and racing seats that went for mid twenties I think.

i think Jap cars were U a spec engines.  I know the. 930s were, anyways.

Taziemans 911 is JDM I think.

i think Jap cars were U a spec engines.  I know the. 930s were, anyways.

Yes it is , with no sunroof ("sunroof delete" lol what a stupid term .)

Only 2 types of 911 in 1978 and yes mine is LHD n/a with essentially the US spec engine , but now without the smog pump and cat. So basically a real German 911 ;)

Yes it is , with no sunroof ("sunroof delete" lol what a stupid term .)

Only 2 types of 911 in 1978 and yes mine is LHD n/a with essentially the US spec engine , but now without the smog pump and cat. So basically a real German 911 ;)

compression difference though?  Or did that come later?

compression difference though?  Or did that come later?

1981 it changed to higher comp and the need for 98ULP. And there were some diffs in gearbox ratios, pun not intended.

People always look at power figures , I look at torque curve , gearing and power to weight,  where the true "fun band" lies.