Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Did anyone else see this "powerful 2.7 litre" 237,000kms 944S2 for $30,0000

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1989/SSE-AD-3145491/?Cr=0

"This car is priced to sell quickly at $30,000. Excellent condition and only one owner, S2 model 944. It comes with a complete roadworthy certificate."

Only one owner, who doesn't know what size his engine is................. That's not something I thought you would get wrong as it is one of the main things that makes the S2 special over a normal 944????? And he's the original owner...........

Hope it goes for $30k (doubt it :wacko:), it will make my car look like a bargain at say $35,000 and surely Pauly and Cyber will get into the $40,000's for their turbos........

Edited by MB911

Yes its my 911. I understand the sentiment that it lost another early 930.  Whilst the previous owner of the car and I both agree that he must have been hallucinating at the time he commissioned the build, having bought the 930 from his father in law, neither of us could have imagined the heights that early 930's have risen to. Nonetheless, what he started and I have continued with is a marvellous car that has justified the excercise. You wont find another like it. Most of these 74 Carrera RS replicas are built on left hand drive shells, or shells that have been hurt. Not this one. It has the straightest shell and was in excellent condition when the build started, and could be reborn into a 930 if you had the bits, but honestly, its a much better car just the way it is. I'm waiting for the first "have you got the original motor and box" question, and the "just send me your bank account" scammer, whilst hoping it goes to a good home with someone who appreciates its performance and outstanding build quality. It would make a brilliant road car. I suspect it will end up overseas given the situation, but I hope not. 

Depending what side of the fence you are sitting on, this is either a real shame or its freak'n awsome.

On my side, it's a real real shame .....

(It increases Shady's car value anyway ... one less)

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/1976-Porsche-930-Turbo-No-Series/SSE-AD-3486201

I'd take that any day over a 160k+ stock 930. They are just cars and they are meant to be enjoyed, this is about as good as it gets IMO. 

Best of luck with the sale Simon, I'm guessing that's the last of your 911 stock gone? 

Yes its my 911. I understand the sentiment that it lost another early 930.  Whilst the previous owner of the car and I both agree that he must have been hallucinating at the time he commissioned the build, having bought the 930 from his father in law, neither of us could have imagined the heights that early 930's have risen to. Nonetheless, what he started and I have continued with is a marvellous car that has justified the excercise. You wont find another like it. Most of these 74 Carrera RS replicas are built on left hand drive shells, or shells that have been hurt. Not this one. It has the straightest shell and was in excellent condition when the build started, and could be reborn into a 930 if you had the bits, but honestly, its a much better car just the way it is. I'm waiting for the first "have you got the original motor and box" question, and the "just send me your bank account" scammer, whilst hoping it goes to a good home with someone who appreciates its performance and outstanding build quality. It would make a brilliant road car. I suspect it will end up overseas given the situation, but I hope not. 

I'm glad you took it as it was meant, and not a negative about what it is now.

I'm one of those "love it original" kinda guys and the sentiment was purely that is's a shame another original one has disappeared.

Just as a matter of interest ..... do you have the original motor and box? ...... ;)    (just kidding)

Good to hear from you Simon! How is the G Wagen going? ?

Well, the G55 was going very nicely until it was pranged by the dealer when in for a warranty issue. They subsequently bought it, and I got a deal on a new Range Rover they had. The Range Rover is quite probably the best car Ive ever owned. I cannot fault it. How they can make a lump like it go the way it does, while using an average 9.5l/100km is beyond me. I got 7.8 on a trip to the farm at 120+. Amazing.

I miss the theatre of the G55, but it just wasnt to be. 

Edited by Simonoz

Well, the G55 was going very nicely until it was pranged by the dealer when in for a warranty issue. They subsequently bought it, and I got a deal on a new Range Rover they had. The Range Rover is quite probably the best car Ive ever owned. I cannot fault it. How they can make a lump like it go the way it does, while using an average 9.5l/100km is beyond me. I got 7.8 on a trip to the farm at 120+. Amazing.

I miss the theatre of the G55, but it just wasnt to be. 

bloody hell mate.... You just do not have any luck leaving your cars in others possession. ?

Yes that new RR is nice and said to go like the proverbial off a shovel. 

WAS for sale but now sold, yet read the sellers comments after the sale

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-2905413/?Cr=34

C'mon Lee ..... are you trying to steal my thunder? ......

I posted this advert a couple of weeks ago . Didn't you see it? or are you losing your memory like some of us ..... :lol:

I post ed this nearly 8 months ago its a club sport not a RS and not to hot on the colour -:)

Edited by tomo