Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Assess the condition & buy/pay accordingly.

If it's the same car from the same factory in the same condition, then the only thing the UK stigma really does is provide an opportunity to get one of these gems.

This ^^^^

I brought 2 cars with me when we moved to Oz 4 years ago, my 2005 Range Rover Sport and our 1979 Triumph Spitfire. My RRS is one of 35 made, I've owned it 7 years now and it wasn't worth a carrot when we were emigrating so it was cheaper to ship here than sell and lose a bundle. The stigma attached to it though is comical, because it's an import. It's an import with a higher spec than was available in Oz though, so to me it's a better car.

If the car was in the right condition and at the right price, I wouldn't be concerned where it was originally delivered to. Having said that, if it was originally LHD then I'd prefer to buy it still in LHD. The temptation to get our friend in California (built the green car in my profile photo) to find me a decent one and send it over increases all the time I can't find an affordable air cooled car here...

I used to have one of these...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-spider-/151733222039?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2354013a97

It sat in my garage for a few years in need of restoration until I sold it on to someone who made it look a lot like this one. I used to see it being used as a daily driver.

More importantly however, I now understand 928's are suddenly splendid?!?! 

:) And mine's getting better with every little job that's accomplished.

It's definitely my first choice when I ask "which one?"

Goes like an angry stabbed rat.

I am constantly dumbfounded by the way 911's are going up, awesome for the guys who already have one but painful for those of us who are aspiring / saving to get one.

If they go any higher then 944's and 928's will look very attractive to those who have kids (Expensive critters) and aren't in the higher pay brackets.  Maybe I should keep mine as I'm not likely to have $80k + to lay down for a 911 anytime soon...

Are they likely to peak in the near future or are we going to see 3.2's and SC going for $80k + as just being normal???????

Agreed, am enjoying some vintage bmw's while they're affordable.

to think I knocked back a stock sc offered to me for 35k a year ago, though..

PFFT How about a Carrera 3.0 (C3) Targa for $25K Non original wheels made me walk away (what a w@nK3r).

(also it was a sporto changed to a 915) but that didn't bother me.