Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Same one mike - but all legit and understood. Expert advice sought given including PORSCHE themselves who can often be a little recalcitrant.

so an oz longhood with a lot of love spent recently on it AND a kooky story to enhance provenance. One squared away car 

Buy now before Luke  regrets the decision to sell 

Cheapest coupe I've seen in a while... might be a good project base? 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/portland/cars-vans-utes/1976-porsche-911-s-coupe/1083345159 

would be if still for sale

but a US car so strangled motor ( non runner any ways) but had a 300 job speedo - worth price of admission alone for some 

would be if still for sale

but a US car so strangled motor ( non runner any ways) but had a 300 job speedo - worth price of admission alone for some 

Didn't notice that speedo... is that anything significant? 

I figure its at that point you can forward, back correct date it and hot rod it guilt free! 

Didn't notice that speedo... is that anything significant? 

I figure its at that point you can forward, back correct date it and hot rod it guilt free! 

point taken - if  its not a rusty damaged tub

something like this gets your attention

852.jpg

What's wrong with this? The price must be getting attractive.. I know it's a Targa, and LHD, but one day, if in tidy condition, someone on the other side of the world, might just want to buy it back especially when the AUD goes kaput...

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/AGC-AD-17808851 

911%20in%20perth%2024990_zps8wd26ysi.png

I looked at this myself and thought the same thing, there must be something wrong with it??  Besides being LHD nothing jumped out at me?? With 911 prices going so crazy being a Targa is no real impediment these days, that Singer one recently released will only drive the prices up as people see how great they can look.

It's been repainted to an average level if you look at the red paint on the quarter panel near the Targa badge (I assume given the age it was all done), the interior trim is wrong I suspect with the red dash,etc. It would be a good starting place to put away and build from as you saved up more money. I guess a repainted, retrimmed, potentially no service history LHD all sort of adds up a bit to lower the price?

Edited by MB911

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/portland/cars-vans-utes/1976-porsche-911-s-coupe/1083345159 

You have to be quick and I was first in. It was on for 20 mins when I saw it last night. Transferred through my deposit straight away and I pick it up Thursday. 

point taken - if  its not a rusty damaged tub

something like this gets your attention

852.jpg

That is very close to what I had in mind for it. It has some rust, I will see how much when I get it, but apparently it still runs (albeit with a blow head gasket). I can do all the rust and body work myself anyway, so it shouldn't be a hideously expensive exercise. It has been converted to RHD, but my plan is to make a nice backdate hot rod ST out of it anyway. 

Edited by MFX

You have to be quick and I was first in. It was on for 20 mins when I saw it last night. Transferred through my deposit straight away and I pick it up Thursday. 

That is very close to what I had in mind for it. It has some rust, I will see how much when I get it, but apparently it still runs (albeit with a blow head gasket). I can do all the rust and body work myself anyway, so it shouldn't be a hideously expensive exercise. It has been converted to RHD, but my plan is to make a nice backdate hot rod ST out of it anyway. 

Well done! :) Make sure you share your build with us!