Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Those marketing bods were geniuses.  Good money for old rope. Seriously...who would have thought a heavy fat underpowered wide body was valuable unless you call it something special.

Ford did exactly the same thing with the leftover XC bodies they couldn't sell ..... put a blue stripe from front to rear, a set of mags and a plaque, call it a "Cobra" and ....... instant collectable classic!

996's and 997's are really starting to look like a bargain right now.

Aren't they just. Sorely tempted to visit Weltmeister and try out the $44k 996 they have at the moment. Having said that, whenever I look at 996's I find myself drawn to the C4's currently on carsales....

Would you think the Jubi at 200k+ Is ridiculous? It seems to be very rare worldwide and even demanding huge dollar around the world for LHD variants.

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/porsche/911-964-carrera/1989/300726

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/porsche/911-964-carrera/1993/312255

I don't want to be a power snob but is 183BHP correct?

Quote: Listed on eBay due to time wasters, dreamers and concourse for peanuts seekers.

Good luck if he thinks E-bay will solve any of that? 

On the face of it ,looks like a decent car though. It'll be interesting to see if the auction runs its course or gets pulled before hand. 

Sorry, but I don't like bad mouthing cars on forums

After discussing the PPI outcome with my mechanic (Autoart), the project that I was prepared to embark upon was far greater than I was willing to take. Of course the starting price I was prepared to offer was well below the starting eBay price

Abstract question about the targa..red one …a few replies back its 20yrs + since i owned one and it looks like it has a shiny black targa hoop , did cars come here with that ?? All the targas I owned were matt black?

"

I think I am going to treat myself next year to some more inferior water cooled… "

I think those be the words of a wise man , you could buy a garage of replacement electronics as they get older and still be better off ..I doubt they wont even break

I can also tell you I have hacked up the swiss alps along side a F430 and  993TT in a 997TT , I can tell you who still had the best drive, easiests drives that i could live with every day the 997 and its was auto and I had an auto in my life

Just dropped $2k to $14k, despite problems 9leaking transmission and non working A/C) could still be a good one.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1989/SSE-AD-3432395/?Cr=0

ebay add has 170 watchers!! http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-928-S4-1989-2D-Coupe-Automatic-5L-Multi-Point-F-INJ-Seats-/251979092685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3aab1fd2cd

Most other P cars have 10 - 20....

928 the popular choice :)

Roll on next year.....

"

I think I am going to treat myself next year to some more inferior water cooled… "

I think those be the words of a wise man , you could buy a garage of replacement electronics as they get older and still be better off ..I doubt they wont even break

I can also tell you I have hacked up the swiss alps along side a F430 and  993TT in a 997TT , I can tell you who still had the best drive, easiests drives that i could live with every day the 997 and its was auto and I had an auto in my life

I can't make any sense of the air-cooled market right now and that 7.1 TT will be a little cheaper next year & still eligible for factory warranty... it makes sense to me.

Speaking of FIAT's has anyone noticed the market is flooded with 360's and that F355's are rare as the proverbial rocking horse matter? 

Is the 360 Ferrari's red headed step child or something? 

Edited by edgy

1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (3.2L) with 165,303 km on the clock for $29,990 but no other details? Shouldn't last long if it's genuine mileage and in decent condition.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1987/OAG-AD-2189695/?Cr=0

Yep @ LORBEK and increased to $39,999 Guess I'll be leaving work a little earlier than usual :)

Yep @ LORBEK and increased to $39,999 Guess I'll be leaving work a little earlier than usual :)

Wow, it was literally just listed. I get the market and demand but I don't get why people don't just list the car for what they're happy with initially?
2qxozkp.jpg

Edited by Written

Wow, it was literally just listed. I get the market and demand but I don't get why people don't just list the car for what they're happy with initially?
2qxozkp.jpg

Going by the vin on LORBEK WP0EB0912JS170264 Canada/USA spec cab..not a coupe as stated ada/USA

I inspected both cars, and morally I couldnt stand by and keep my mouth closed if people are interested.

The blue hardtop has had some serious driver's side impact damage - the whole side of the car from the front arch back is not straight. The door has been replaced as part of the work to fix it, but as a result it doesnt fit now (fingers fit under the door) and 10mm+ gap at the front fender panel. The roof is a different colour to the rest of the car too. He has photos of the car being restored in the UK, and it appears the damage has occurred since he owned it after that restoration. Theres also a large chunk of rust thats eaten the wall of the engine bay around the oil filter that will most likely require the engine to be dropped to get at properly. 

As for the 3.2 cabrio - it is straight, and original, but there is rust on the drivers side just below the door in front of the rear arch. Theres also a decent dent in the drivers side door. I didnt look into this car as closely (didnt get inside it), so Id be warned at the possibility of more rust as its kept outside.