Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Has anyone taken look at the yellow 930 hot rod at lobrek?

been for sale for a while , and a couple personal touches ( get rid of horrendous wheels for starters) could be real good buy.. 

Bit far away for me to look at 

old school shape with whooping horsepower!!

i left message to get full details of mods 

seen another nice 86 car on carsales just now. New listing but don't know how to paste here.

have you bought that GT3 yet mate? ? 

Cant get a response ..maybe all our talk , gave someone a good idea , this forum is  sharemarket hipster tipster site mate didnt you know .. I  reckon we gotta start charging atleast five wheels nuts to get into the inner cicrle of trust to get the buying tips ;)

Im sure there is a ticker tape feed site somewhere translating our words in to Russian , Chineese and proper bloddy english , so the internationsals get every bleat as it happens down in PFA land

Edited by symsy

I still maintain that all of those points above are TOTALLY irrelevant.

Just find an Impact Bumper aircooled and buy it!

it will be almost the same price no matter what the specs and even if it's a lot more or a lot less ..... buy it anyway.

It doesn't  even need to have the bumpers on it to get a good price

I still maintain that all of those points above are TOTALLY irrelevant.

Just find an Impact Bumper aircooled and buy it!

it will be almost the same price no matter what the specs and even if it's a lot more or a lot less ..... buy it anyway.

I think his question was why the variations in prices and how to price one - specificy 3.2 Carreras.

Edited by ELSPORTO

Cant get a response ..maybe all our talk , gave someone a good idea , this forum is  sharemarket hipster tipster site mate didnt you know .. I  reckon we gotta start charging atleast five wheels nuts to get into the inner cicrle of trust to get the buying tips ;)

Im sure there is a ticker tape feed site somewhere translating our words in to Russian , Chineese and proper bloddy english , so the internationsals get every bleat as it happens down in PFA land

if it's meant to be things will work out for you... If not, next one! ?

yes you are right on the free advice! 

It doesn't  even need to have the bumpers on it to get a good price

? gold! 

Too much focus on air cooled beetles.... Has the penny dropped for anyone that 997 Carreras are now looking quite cheap in comparison?

or does that get the red headed stepchild treatment for lack of Mezger motor?? 

That no split crank case stigma is going to have to fade at some point now it's not even found in GT3, GT3 RS or even GT3-R 

only in cup... For now

I think his question was why the variations in prices and how to price one - specificy 3.2 Carreras.

I think my comments still stand .....

there is absolutely no logical way to price an aircooled 911 .... whether you are buying or selling.

If you are selling at the moment, it depends how you feel when you wake up in the morning .... if you don't really want to sell, price it high. If you need to sell, price it low.

If you are looking to buy, either pay the high price the seller is asking, or pay a higher pricewhen the next one is listed and then slap yourself a few times for not paying the lower price, which was the high price before you had to pay more.

There is no way to logically price an aircooled 911 at the moment of any specification whether it be an SC, Carrera, pre Impact or post Impact .... especially an Australian delivered one.

Claywong is currently a buyer and I think he is looking for an answer as to the varying price differentials of different models ..... I'm simply saying that it's not the different models / specifications that are determining prices .... it's the motivations / greed / testing of the market of the sellers.

So what do the market gurus think that mike d silva would  be worth in coupe form?

I've not been paying attention today...can anyone tell me if mike sold? If so for how much?

Edited by michel

I think my comments still stand .....

there is absolutely no logical way to price an aircooled 911 .... whether you are buying or selling.

If you are selling at the moment, it depends how you feel when you wake up in the morning .... if you don't really want to sell, price it high. If you need to sell, price it low.

If you are looking to buy, either pay the high price the seller is asking, or pay a higher pricewhen the next one is listed and then slap yourself a few times for not paying the lower price, which was the high price before you had to pay more.

There is no way to logically price an aircooled 911 at the moment of any specification whether it be an SC, Carrera, pre Impact or post Impact .... especially an Australian delivered one.

Claywong is currently a buyer and I think he is looking for an answer as to the varying price differentials of different models ..... I'm simply saying that it's not the different models / specifications that are determining prices .... it's the motivations / greed / testing of the market of the sellers.

I just hope Claywongs on his way to Newcastle right now ;)

Thanks for the input, I think you hit the nail on the head!

What about this car?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1979/SSE-AD-3360556/?Cr=1

It's been for sale for quite some time.. (few months?)

Please educate me :S

Edited by Claywong

What about this car?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1979/SSE-AD-3360556/?Cr=1

It's been for sale for quite some time.. (few months?)

Please educate me :S

this one has been for sale for a while. Must be something up. Good cars go in a flash so move on.

However the new 930 on the market looks interesting.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3559892&Cr=3

If you can confirm this is an Aussi delivered (1985 was the last year of 930's delivered into Australia), you have a relatively low km, relatively new, very competitively priced car. If it is Aussi delivered, the lowest priced one I know about went for $108,000 at least 3-4 months ago in Adelaide largely because it was never really advertised. Aussi delivered cars with these kms should now be fetching $140k + conservatively. So this potentially is a great deal. Only 166 original gen 2 930's imported into Australia. Less than 2000 original RHD gen 2 930's world wide. 

If it is a UK import - original RHD is still good. You run the risk of rust, but it looks like this car has been here a while, so just has the feel of an original Aussi car.

If it was black, I would have already bought it..