Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

That is cheap Amanda

Ticks all the boxes !

• $27,500 ono
  • Australian delivered as well.
  • 1984 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 Targa with 182,000kms on the clock.
  • excellent condition throughout
  • no leaks or oil consumption.
  • The paint, exterior and interior are in excellent condition
  • the car has no rust.
  • Log books and some maintenance records
  • a bunch of new parts included.
  • Retired ex-Qantas Engineer

Shuddup Jim!

:P

Pwetty isnt she?  In all seriousness, I'd like to know what this color is called.  It's too light to be Mexico blue right?

WP_000286_zoom.jpg

Am i incorrect in saying that Targas are not as popular as coupes here in Aus?

Also, what are some of the things you have to look out for on a car like that?

I keep thinking about ditching the cayman for something aircooled, just to experience it first hand, but I really like how my car is "nice" and modern (ish)....

Am i incorrect in saying that Targas are not as popular as coupes here in Aus?

Also, what are some of the things you have to look out for on a car like that?

I keep thinking about ditching the cayman for something aircooled, just to experience it first hand, but I really like how my car is "nice" and modern (ish)....

I think it's priced keenly to move in a months time, as he's stated. Secondly Targas are not popular... many sit for months on the market if they are priced like their equivalent coupes.

You'd look for all the same things as any coupe BUT also the targa seals, rust in the windshield areas and ensuring there's no signs of wetness in the cabin from roof leaks. Check the roof etc

I like this car so much! But our cars are quite different mike. The pedal placement alone might put you off if you've never driven a 911 before. Also they aren't as refined in many many ways.... but this car is just COOL!

I don't know if it was a steal... every car always looks a billion dollars in photos. 

I've looked at 2 others now.. and the photos make them look mint and some claim original paint.

But sanding marks, mismatched panels and bog always await me!

I doubt the colour is original paint.. although he claims it is.. however he also says he cannot determine what the colour is. He has owned it a year, and not spent a cent apparently... so, all the bits he has bought, would be for his previous cars (had a few).

However, I have told him if it falls through (and it wont), that I have the money ready to go and am only 30minutes from his house.

I asked if he had a shred of proof about the RUF build. You'll be shocked to hear he didn't get back to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121264197733&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:AU:1123

Well, knock me over with a feather. Someone claims prvenance and has nothing to back it up.

On the topic.. I was watching some show about the autobahn the other day...and for some reason they inserted a couple of minutes segment of Alois Ruf and his wife driving modified Porsches at high speed on the Autobahn. I can't remember for the life of me how they segued to that, but there you are. It was one of those mega construction shows on 7 Mate.

On the topic of great looking Taga's, I have been eyeing off this one for 12 months now. http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1976/SSE-AD-889378

If only I had the garage space or the room to build another.

Looks like a well sorted car doesn't it? Nobody wants it at that price tho. It's been FS a long time now.

I don't know if it was a steal... every car always looks a billion dollars in photos. 

I've looked at 2 others now.. and the photos make them look mint and some claim original paint.

But sanding marks, mismatched panels and bog always await me!

I doubt the colour is original paint.. although he claims it is.. however he also says he cannot determine what the colour is. He has owned it a year, and not spent a cent apparently... so, all the bits he has bought, would be for his previous cars (had a few).

However, I have told him if it falls through (and it wont), that I have the money ready to go and am only 30minutes from his house.

Hope the buyer has called Porsche with the VIN to check out the cars original color and place of delivery. Must say, if it wasn't the original color, I'd walk away.