Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Listed at $115k now marked as sold.

What to choose? 

A 30 year old 911 or a near new Cayman with $40k spare for hookers and blow. 

Looking at how the Cayman is parked crooked across the footpath make me think what choice the current owner made.  Low Kms?  Too wasted to drive obviously... 

Edited by Peter M

You know that Mike, or just speculation? Anyway, it'll either be sold or up to $54k tomorrow no doubt :rolleyes:

. I'd buy it if it wasnt too bad, as I'm tired of waiting to fix this f.....g 912. If its not on the road by January, it's for sale and I'm buying a f.....g Cayman

Like this

40.000k's, manual, bigger wheels etc for under $60k
Edited by LeeM

I resisted every instinct to call. I saw it when the ad was 9 minutes old... May have stood a chance. I thought better of it so posted it here.

You really need to be quick...

Sold in just over an hour :wacko:

Hopefully an enthusiast got onto it & not a dealer... 

At that price, it would be worth taking the risk. 

Trust me you want to inspect it, i purchased a 911 years ago from interstate & the seller stated it only needed minor work! well a full engine rebuild later that cost me more than the car price... 

But it was the good old days of cheap 911s & now i have a very nice car to drive completely rebuilt.

With current prices I'm ahead regarding my costs... but to do that now I'm not sure...

Hopefully an enthusiast got onto it & not a dealer... 

Trust me you want to inspect it, i purchased a 911 years ago from interstate & the seller stated it only needed minor work! well a full engine rebuild later that cost me more than the car price... 

But it was the good old days of cheap 911s & now i have a very nice car to drive completely rebuilt.

With current prices I'm ahead regarding my costs... but to do that now I'm not sure...

i didn't even see it. No alerts on gumtree. I would have driven down and put cash in his hand. 

Yeah but even at 33k you could do a full motor rebuild for 15k and still be ahead. Yes, there is a lot of things that can be wrong with it. But you have a car to start with and work on. If you're going to keep it because you love it, then time isn't that big of an issue.