Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

his boot light works (mine doesn't) and I like the seats. I'm a bit curious as to what the "sports 300klm version" mentioned in the description is though!

Yeh typo perhaps?  It sounds to me that he'd sell it for the right price but really, doesn't want to part with the car at all.

The seats look fabulous!

Do we think the 996 gt3 prices have bottomed out?...

It is hard to say? I have watched 6 GT3 market for a while and I don't think there is much more in it? Definitely not a matter of 10's of thousands

Someone buy the yellow one for goodness sakes!

Ceramics, shell back Recaros, 6,000kms

Just buy it now.

You'll never regret it.

But check the track history, accident history and options list.

And then buy it!!!!!

If its the car I think it is (from Adelaide) a RL member from Victoria bought it with about 1000 less Kms last year. It's the real deal, legit.

I'd love a GT3 if they had rear seats - I know that isn't the point of them but it's a non-negotiable at the moment. That red 997 that was up recently was also seriously tempting. It's also harder to justify given how much I love lotus and you can get a new V6 Exige for the same money as this 10 year old GT3.

Wow great value......... Series one are supposed to be the more raw, involving of the GT3s and being the first one has some cache so I can imagine as supply thins out, demand will grow. What's the better buy 996.1 at 90k, 996.2 at low 100s or 997.1 at 130-140k? I suspect 996.1 s aren't going to drop much more. Will 997s eventually drop to a similar value? I will watch with interest.

Wow great value......... Series one are supposed to be the more raw, involving of the GT3s and being the first one has some cache so I can imagine as supply thins out, demand will grow. What's the better buy 996.1 at 90k, 996.2 at low 100s or 997.1 at 130-140k? I suspect 996.1 s aren't going to drop much more. Will 997s eventually drop to a similar value? I will watch with interest.

For the price delta, if you like 6.1, I'd buy a nice 6.1 at 90 over a 6.2 at 100k + . lower numbers (overall) on the 6.1 not a whole lot different between 6.1 & 6.2.. Mainly a little more power for 6.2, larger front brakes, I beleive 6.1 is single mass f.w. versus 6.2 having dual mass (except RS) theres a couple of other things I believe?

997.1 vs .2 is the big difference between series.

Thee are more 996.1 CS than touring too!

it'll be uneconomical to repair and be written off (so it can't be registered ever again only parted out) some nice bends in the panel infront of the engine..

$_20.JPG

Is not much like 50% of market value?

What's market value for a 2005 997 manual coupe? $70K? At 1/2 that it's still a bloody expensive base for a not very good track car. One saving grace is you would be pulling an awful lot of stuff out of it that someone might give you some money for. In my opinion you'd be vastly better off importing a LHD car from Japan that can't be registered and doesn't need fixing. That is if you want a dedicated 997 track day car. There are far better options for the money in my opinion.

To answer a question nobody asked, I'm co-driving this at the Wakefield 300 this weekend and it's base price from Japan was around 1/2 what I reckon that 997 is worth to buy damaged. Track ready for around $25-30K. Stock it has 321hp.

1653459_10151881785986577_836260294_n.jp

Re: 928.

No, definitely not lemons.

They are also known as "land sharks".

There is a species of shark called a lemon shark, and the pic posted is lemon yellow. That was the only reason for my post.

The 928 was in many ways the Panamera of its day - a high quality, gentlemens' (and ladies') express, capable of crossing continents at a rate of knots while keeping its occupants in great comfort.

As the cars have come down in price, some owners have lost sight of the fact that a car that cost a motza when new will never be cheap to run. As a result, there are some sadly neglected 928's out there, but that is a reflection on some owners, not the design of the car.

for $16k and being serviced by T&D that 928 might not be that bad. They are a lot of car and as JustJames said not cheap at all to run

but as uncle said (and it's my favourite quote) "911 money for something that in the end is not a 911"

not trying to offend any 928 owners though - different strokes for different folks!

(I secretly like 928's and would have one if I had a better garage where I could work on it myself)

Re: 928.

No, definitely not lemons.

They are also known as "land sharks".

There is a species of shark called a lemon shark, and the pic posted is lemon yellow. That was the only reason for my post.

The 928 was in many ways the Panamera of its day - a high quality, gentlemens' (and ladies') express, capable of crossing continents at a rate of knots while keeping its occupants in great comfort.

As the cars have come down in price, some owners have lost sight of the fact that a car that cost a motza when new will never be cheap to run. As a result, there are some sadly neglected 928's out there, but that is a reflection on some owners, not the design of the car.

Cool thanks James. I was a bit confused between something someone once said to me and your photo above!

Pleased to hear they aren't lemons,  I think that lemon colored one above is an absolute gorgeous looking car and from what the advert states - has been well looked after.

Amanda, it might be the fact that's it's a cab tip, there always seems to be plenty of that combo for sale at well under the equivalent coupe manual pricing for similar cars.

True. It's a shame but at the same time, given they are so hard to sell makes you think twice about buying one!

I like that white one.

Is that a BMW? Would love a track car. Good luck btw.

What's market value for a 2005 997 manual coupe? $70K? At 1/2 that it's still a bloody expensive base for a not very good track car. One saving grace is you would be pulling an awful lot of stuff out of it that someone might give you some money for. In my opinion you'd be vastly better off importing a LHD car from Japan that can't be registered and doesn't need fixing. That is if you want a dedicated 997 track day car. There are far better options for the money in my opinion.

To answer a question nobody asked, I'm co-driving this at the Wakefield 300 this weekend and it's base price from Japan was around 1/2 what I reckon that 997 is worth to buy damaged. Track ready for around $25-30K. Stock it has 321hp.

1653459_10151881785986577_836260294_n.jp