Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Talking to a local car guy today ; he bought a '74 LHD rust free 911 with leather trim , all complete but no engine. (he's sourced one now)

$3k.

They are still out there.

Dayam!  

This donk might have sorted him out if.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caboolture/other-parts-accessories/porsche-911-2-7-motor-and-gearbox/1099515947

$_20.JPG

Being year of the cab and all, I set my bid set at $36,222... 

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-03%20at%209.17.3

So might have got it, but last second decided not to pull the trigger.

I really need a roof over my head.  And I don't think my welding is quite there...

I enquired about that car:

Hi,
Do you know who did the roof conversion and when it was done? Was it originally a targa or coupe?
Thanks

And his response was:

No idea
It was purchased as a coupe

I was a bit uncomfortable with his response to be honest. The non-disclosures that only surfaced when he was directly asked concerned me as well

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911-1985-3-2-Carerra-Targa-/121855425905?hash=item1c5f263d71:g:9UsAAOSwT~9WiJMx

I'm surprised this hasn't sold already... I love it, but can't afford it :(

I enquired about that car:

Hi,
Do you know who did the roof conversion and when it was done? Was it originally a targa or coupe?
Thanks

And his response was:

No idea
It was purchased as a coupe

I was a bit uncomfortable with his response to be honest. The non-disclosures that only surfaced when he was directly asked concerned me as well

Yeah it was originally a targa. Probably a good thing I passed!

You had me at matching picnic rug!

Does look sweet though. Diggin the tartan.

I just looked up the advert on e-bay and I reckon the whole advert is a non disclosure sale. You were right to have been concerned.

If I was to ever sell my car, I would sell the hell out of it to get the most amount of money I could. The fact that it has 4 lines in it (and not very long ones) is an alarm in itself.

For an unknowing buyer to buy a cabriolet that isn't / wasn't a cabriolet isn't cool in my books, unless they actually know what they are buying. We've  been through the "buyer beware / do your due diligence" thing on the forum before, but I still think that such an important conversion should be disclosed.

A cabriolet is a horse drawn carriage , so technically there is no 911 cabriolet. 

C'mon now Tazzie .....

Doesn't the 230 odd horses in the rear of the car count??

I know they are pushing and not pulling, but details, details .....

I just looked up the advert on e-bay and I reckon the whole advert is a non disclosure sale. You were right to have been concerned.

If I was to ever sell my car, I would sell the hell out of it to get the most amount of money I could. The fact that it has 4 lines in it (and not very long ones) is an alarm in itself.

For an unknowing buyer to buy a cabriolet that isn't / wasn't a cabriolet isn't cool in my books, unless they actually know what they are buying. We've  been through the "buyer beware / do your due diligence" thing on the forum before, but I still think that such an important conversion should be disclosed.

photos taken in the dark ring alarm bells for me too. There was far too much hidden, and I agree re the conversion. A lot of people might not know a pre 83 convertible is a conversion. It's very unethical to not point this out, not to mention the fact that this particular car was also originally left hand drive!

photos taken in the dark ring alarm bells for me too. There was far too much hidden, and I agree re the conversion. A lot of people might not know a pre 83 convertible is a conversion. It's very unethical to not point this out, not to mention the fact that this particular car was also originally left hand drive!

Did any one phone the guy??  I did & he is not a Porsche guy he purchased the car 2 years ago in the same condition. its originally a 77 US targa as the vin tells me, a wide body conversion & targa removal was done prior to his ownership. Yes its buyer beware but the potential buyer must do some home work as well... He was happy to take $30k for it when i was talking to him.

Did any one phone the guy??  I did & he is not a Porsche guy he purchased the car 2 years ago in the same condition. its originally a 77 targa as the vin tells me, a wide body conversion & targa removal was done prior to his ownership. Yes its buyer beware but the potential buyer must do some home work as well... He was happy to take $30k for it when i was talking to him.

I asked him some very pertinent questions on ebay. He answered them; but despite the fact there were lots of questions answered and posted on the ad, mine wasn't. 

Did any one phone the guy??  I did & he is not a Porsche guy he purchased the car 2 years ago in the same condition. its originally a 77 US targa as the vin tells me, a wide body conversion & targa removal was done prior to his ownership. Yes its buyer beware but the potential buyer must do some home work as well... He was happy to take $30k for it when i was talking to him.

Agree, I have actually seen this car about 12 months ago, when I was passing, it was out the front of their property, though I lost interest when the windscreen wipers were not where they should be in relation to the steering wheel. I agree that the owner just isn't into Porsches and is moving on.

As always, eyes wide open.

Probably a fair price for the amount of work thats gone into it, yet buyers might be staying away because its not original, or easily put back to original

That's exactly what I was going to say regarding originality .....

Buyers spending that kind of coin would rather an original car over a toy like that .....

The tide has turned and originality is King!

Pretty sure this has been posted before. Still for sale. Am I missing something or is this not a really fair price?

1983-911_zpsynhcrev3.jpg

1983 ZAG Build

I like the car.........but..........its in that (now quite common) Middle ground of too rod for good road car but not rod enough for good track car? The typical next progression is that not many would take a pretty 100k car like this to the track so it's a difficult car to place in the complicated market that is the current Porsche buyer - having said that I'd take it over a lot of other cars currently on the market for similar money. 

Maybe I should buy it.

I like the car.........but..........its in that (now quite common) Middle ground of too rod for good road car but not rod enough for good track car? The typical next progression is that not many would take a pretty 100k car like this to the track so it's a difficult car to place in the complicated market that is the current Porsche buyer - having said that I'd take it over a lot of other cars currently on the market for similar money. 

Maybe I should buy it.

Then swap it for mine! :-)

Ya hit the nail there Hugh. Its solely a hills blaster and Cars n Coffee showpiece, not a track hack