Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

@sandy468 I think the reason for 996 GT3s being x amount more than a turbo purely comes down to numbers made. its also due in part to GT3 having racing pedigree etc which usually heightens the emotions of the fanboys! Largely though, there are many fewer GT3s world wide than turbos and rarity is often the biggest driver of the collector market. Is a GT3 a 75K better car than a turbo? Probably not but both cars are totally different and perhaps its a bit like comparing apples with oranges?

A big part of me wishes this 996 hysteria hadn't come so soon, I never intended on selling my car any time soon but the guilt of enjoying it properly sees it spending more time with a cover on it than being driven.

Couldn't agree more mate - my GT3 has just under 22,000km on it now and when driving it this past Sunday morning I was already thinking - I really need to make sure I don't waste the mileage on trivial journey's.....

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/carss-park/cars-vans-utes/1975-porsche-911-s-2-7-yellow-5-speed-manual-coupe/1102452278

A lota car for the money and looks freakin hot! Must be a LHD convert but still..... only reason I can think of that it aint a bargain is coz it's sold from a prestige dealer who should know what he's doing....

Or there is this GT for a few pennies more... Seller is outta touch, must of course apply the 20% LHD deduction it should be only $1,500,000.00 hahaha

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gosford/cars-vans-utes/2004-porsche-carrera-gt/1102421305

Or there is this GT for a few pennies more... Seller is outta touch, must of course apply the 20% LHD deduction it should be only $1,500,000.00 hahaha

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gosford/cars-vans-utes/2004-porsche-carrera-gt/1102421305

That GT is being sold by the new car museum that is opening in Gosford soon.

Must agree ..... a little out of touch on pricing.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/carss-park/cars-vans-utes/1975-porsche-911-s-2-7-yellow-5-speed-manual-coupe/1102452278

A lota car for the money and looks freakin hot! Must be a LHD convert but still..... only reason I can think of that it aint a bargain is coz it's sold from a prestige dealer who should know what he's doing....

I wouldn't say the 75 is a bargain but that's just me...

The Carrera GT is from the Gosford car museum they purchased about 400 cars in the last few years so time to let some go check out their other listings, they were buying up as many Porsches as they could maybe thats why the prices went crazy late last year.

The Carrera GT is from the Gosford car museum they purchased about 400 cars in the last few years so time to let some go check out their other listings, they were buying up as many Porsches as they could maybe thats why the prices went crazy late last year.

it's not open yet.....and they're selling some?  

Lotta cars in their list

Surely wold have an impact iF they dumped 400 cars at once.

That GT is being sold by the new car museum that is opening in Gosford soon.

Must agree ..... a little out of touch on pricing.

Of course I wouldn't have a clue what they're worth, but I love the 7 ball on the gear stick, straight off of my brother's EH column shift!

who the fuck sells a $2,000,000 car on Gum tree??

all class

I'll never know, different world to mine ......but I would guess best way to sell a $2,000,000.00 car is friend of friend of a friend...."2 mill mate? Aah ya dreamin! Tell ya what - I'll give ya 1.5 and I'll flip ya for the other 5....Heads I give ya 2.5, tails I get it for a mill...."

No, not to me. But I did give it a try, hence the seller informed me of the sold price. I'm  sure it will be back on the market soon enough +100k :D

Curious how quick it happens on cars like this...I saw it at 8:35am...I were about to call, stalled when I saw half the roof missing...then remembered my brother in law has a 69 shell in a paddock with roof intact...figured it be gone by now...looked back at the listing..."Not Available" :unsure:

What time did you speak to her? Bet granny would be stoked with the extra $$$!

Edited by TrevMcRev

think i'd rather go on a trip to the US and buy a CGT myself for less than half what they are asking

Edited by Blue964

Smart business?

www.ato.gov.au/Non-profit/Getting-started/In-detail/Types-of-DGRs/Public-libraries,-public-museums-and-public-art-galleries/

i think you're onto something sporto...i'm going to apply to the ATO to have my garage declared a public museum where folks can come and see a GT3 and a 964. all running costs will be tax deductible of course

I am intrigued. Who are the "they", that brought up 400 cars over a coupla years...50 to 100 odd mill of cars??

"They" is a local collector that apparently ran out of room to store his collection so decided to buy the old Bunnings Warehouse in West Gosford to not only store the collection, but turn it into a museum ....

Smart business?

www.ato.gov.au/Non-profit/Getting-started/In-detail/Types-of-DGRs/Public-libraries,-public-museums-and-public-art-galleries/

I gather you're saying whichever way it's set up, "they"  pay no tax on sale of car profit or no projected tax on held investment ....I'm guessing if "they" have the coin for this sorta thing, they also have a lazy half a bill or so, invested in a diversity of other assets....anyway sounds like a cool museum to visit when it's up n running!

I gather you're saying whichever way it's set up, "they"  pay no tax on sale of car profit or no projected tax on held investment ....I'm guessing if "they" have the coin for this sorta thing, they also have a lazy half a bill or so, invested in a diversity of other assets....anyway sounds like a cool museum to visit when it's up n running!

It should be great ....

They are outfitting it with a "60's" themed diner cafe as well as planning to hold car meets in the carpark on occasion ....

Start your engines boys!

I'm guessing if "they" have the coin for this sorta thing, they also have a lazy half a bill or so, invested in a diversity of other assets....

Mostly they are old , fat and under doctor's orders to enjoy what's left of life ;) Some of them own dud nickel mines.