Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Talking Vulgar .. did I miss a discussion on this , who could do that to a T

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1971/OAG-AD-12346954/?Cr=24

Isnt the S a much better drive ?

Back then very few could afford a new IB 911 or 930, and the longhoods were "cheap" so they were being bought up by the less well healed and converted to 930 replicas.

It's no different to what has happened to the 964.  A lull in popularity, so cheap, so people "hack" up these cars because they want the longhood look with the comforts and refinements of the "modern" car.

It would seem logical to buy up these converted longhoods and restore them, but, it seems people don't want the "raw" sportscar and I can understand that.

Edited by OZ930

the forward date saga

GUT said: Is this a good deal these days?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1969/SSE-AD-3986616/?Cr=0gut :

It's a good deal of money for a converted one

this was an absolute  bargain if ii is what it seems a very pretty S. matching numbers? repeat a stonkin bargain.

The RHD conversion issue particularly if executed well, is mostly an irrelevance these days on long hoods. Seems the stink lingers on though with the G series and newer cars.

Symsy is an S a better drive than a T? IMO  mostly real world irrelevance. yes a bit more snap crackle pop and alot of badge engineering, amongst enthusiasts and moto journos

and car dealers

Edited by michel

this was an absolute  bargain if ii is what it seems a very pretty S. matching numbers? repeat a stonkin bargain.

The RHD conversion issue particularly if executed well, is mostly an irrelevance these days on long hoods. Seems the stink lingers on though with the G series and newer cars.

Symsy is an S a better drive than a T? IMO  mostly real world irrelevance. yes a bit more snap crackle pop and alot of badge engineering, amongst enthusiasts and moto journos

I believe it doesn't have the matching gearbox casing in the car but it is being sold with the car. So more or less a matching no. 'S', yes converted and missing the OEM oil lines but still looks to be a pretty little car and priced very 'cheap' in the current market. Was definitely a bargain, a rarity in today's climate.................

I'm guessing we may see if pop back up if someone is looking to take advantage of the situation and make a quick flip. 

I believe it doesn't have the matching gearbox casing in the car but it is being sold with the car. So more or less a matching no. 'S', yes converted and missing the OEM oil lines but still looks to be a pretty little car and priced very 'cheap' in the current market. Was definitely a bargain, a rarity in today's climate.................

I'm guessing we may see if pop back up if someone is looking to take advantage of the situation and make a quick flip. 

allegedly heading nth to Darwin....might be seen redlining, doing a late night cannon ball between Katherine and home

new SC to market has raised the bar. Sure, we're used to short descriptions, but combine that with taking a photograph from as far away as you possibly can in poor light and we have a winner!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1981/SSE-AD-3986576/?Cr=1

:lol: Gold! Looks nice though............(from what little I can see!)

Same seller as the 911S discussed above ....

Seems quite well priced for what it is ..... desperate to sell, or out of touch with today's market??

He is closely related to someone well known in the Porsche community so I believe he is aware of current market trends. As I understand he is moving onto 'other' projects so is keen to just move them on quickly and has priced accordingly (although I would still argue that the 69 was very cheap all things considered). 

Not often you find someone selling honest 911's at what we may regard as honest prices, I thought those days were long gone! 

and car dealers

World of difference. T relatively sedate and easy to drive to work as a daily. Early original S is a pain in the A...  Slow /lethargic of the line at low revs. Switches to manic when it gets on the cams. Lot of work. Bloody good fun though.

World of difference. T relatively sedate and easy to drive to work as a daily. Early original S is a pain in the A...  Slow /lethargic of the line at low revs. Switches to manic when it gets on the cams. Lot of work. Bloody good fun though.

maybe so but im not hearing to many of either been driven as the daily .. is it a better car though... probably not

Seems quite well priced for what it is ..... desperate to sell, or out of touch with today's market??

IMO that is what the car is worth.

It's you guys who have ruined the value/price equation ;) The internet is an auction site in that it promotes competitive behaviour. Win at any cost? Often it seems.

new SC to market has raised the bar. Sure, we're used to short descriptions, but combine that with taking a photograph from as far away as you possibly can in poor light and we have a winner!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1981/SSE-AD-3986576/?Cr=1

My lordy that SC looks so lovely. Wish I was in the position to add to the stable. So much want for a well set up IB car. 

It amazes me that people try so little to sell their car.  Maybe I am missing something or maybe the idea is that the car doesn't "need" to be sold as it sells itself however I feel like saying throw me some info & take 30 pictures- the pics are free.  Show me what you want me to buy for Gods sake.  Maybe I am ignorant or just not in the know......

It amazes me that people try so little to sell their car.  Maybe I am missing something or maybe the idea is that the car doesn't "need" to be sold as it sells itself however I feel like saying throw me some info & take 30 pictures- the pics are free.  Show me what you want me to buy for Gods sake.  Maybe I am ignorant or just not in the know......

poli84 seems quite taken with it, m'lord.