Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

the photos were taken from a magazine article in 2009... plus he says its the motor that came with the car when he got it, but not necessarily the original motor from the factory....

The pedal conversion has been done twice... once initially, and another to make it "better"...

It's an interesting car.. the purists I am sure will scoff because of the conversion, the interior, the motor etc.. 

But it has to be one of the coolest "hotrods" around... 

Take out the cage and put the stock interior back in, and I am a fan.

The car has done a bit of racing over the years. He says it leaks oil, but that they all do....

Anyone in Adelaide want to check it out for me?

My first Porsche was a 1972 911T back in the 1990's and I still love the clean lines of a long bonnet and like LeeM I would own this in a heartbeat.

As it stands with the considerable work done I would say that it has great appeal for the buyer looking for a fun track car, or the astute person who know they can remove the stickers & cage in an afternoon if they plan to use it regularly and do not want have to fold themselves up origami style every time you entered or exited.

Either way this would be a fun ride and as previously mentioned isn't it a pleasant surprise to see for sale photos of a classic that were not taken on a lowres camera, with a full sun setting in the background and the car partially obscured by garbage bins, wife's car and the neighbours pet Llama.

T-Man I expect to see you in this in Canberra at next years SMT, that cage might be a handy accessory to have if you get over-enthusiastic up in those wild Brindabella roads  :D

I must say scrolling through the photos I was starting to run to redline with excitement. Then I got to the interior photos with the cage......... Stalled.

A bit like that black outlaw car in SA, a great looking car but clearly slanted towards hard track running. Both cars look superb but the market of people wanting 'scaffolds' is pretty small.

Full credit, it is a nice car. With a nice simple leather interior I would be a starter.

For those with early seventies cars, what is the handling like for spirited Sunday B road driving?

the photos were taken from a magazine article in 2009... plus he says its the motor that came with the car when he got it, but not necessarily the original motor from the factory....

The pedal conversion has been done twice... once initially, and another to make it "better"...

It's an interesting car.. the purists I am sure will scoff because of the conversion, the interior, the motor etc..

But it has to be one of the coolest "hotrods" around...

Take out the cage and put the stock interior back in, and I am a fan.

The car has done a bit of racing over the years. He says it leaks oil, but that they all do....

Anyone in Adelaide want to check it out for me?

all the purist stuff aside as some aren't getting into it to be at the next show n shine, is it a good solid driver??

bonnet straps = hot rod for some, like go fast stripes; but likely to do with racing/tracking the car and wanting to keep the bonnet shut

the pedal box is a typical issue with converted cars where they often cut shut the LHD pedal box to make work in a RHD configuration - doing it again would be for precisely what you posted to make it function better and or be factory which would include putting the correct floor panel in place.

seems to be well priced to sell if it all stacks up - remember there is someone out there likely looking for that S motor, it is worth money in the car as a rebuilt motor and worth money to someone who has the S shell having the extra T motor is a bonus.

lot to like about the car as it is - even with leaving the half cage in and unbolting the side bars - change the wheel

I will go to have a look at it if it doesn't sell this weekend.

be interesting to see how long it lasts given there are some similar cars on the market...heres another OLD911

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1970/SSE-AD-2499524/?Cr=20&sdmvc=1

Michel

that targa is the one I looked at a while ago.... paint is orrible... looks shiny and it is, but so are the squillions of bubbles in the paint.

After seeing it in the flesh, it confirmed for me what I have always known; cars look awesome in photos, no matter how shitty they are. The red coupe with the cage also looks brilliant. But after many many races and sprints, how has it held up? It hasnt been painted in 15 years so until it's sighted, im a sceptic... 

HOWEVER, hypothetically, let's just say I somehow managed to buy it, how would I get all the bits back to Brisbane? engine, wheels, bumpers, seats, etc etc etc

Michel

that targa is the one I looked at a while ago.... paint is orrible... looks shiny and it is, but so are the squillions of bubbles in the paint.

After seeing it in the flesh, it confirmed for me what I have always known; cars look awesome in photos, no matter how shitty they are. The red coupe with the cage also looks brilliant. But after many many races and sprints, how has it held up? It hasnt been painted in 15 years so until it's sighted, im a sceptic...

HOWEVER, hypothetically, let's just say I somehow managed to buy it, how would I get all the bits back to Brisbane? engine, wheels, bumpers, seats, etc etc etc

Pack and Send. They will pallet the lot having collected it from the vendor. Piece of cake.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-2727353&Cr=62

WA 1986 light blue Carrera. If you were in the market for a narrow body then this has some things going for it. Very tide looking, lowish kn, G 50 gearbox and those deep sided seats look sensational. If this was an Australian car I reckon it would sell before the weekend.

I must say scrolling through the photos I was starting to run to redline with excitement. Then I got to the interior photos with the cage......... Stalled.

A bit like that black outlaw car in SA, a great looking car but clearly slanted towards hard track running. Both cars look superb but the market of people wanting 'scaffolds' is pretty small.

Full credit, it is a nice car. With a nice simple leather interior I would be a starter.

For those with early seventies cars, what is the handling like for spirited Sunday B road driving?

early cars a whole lot of fun to drive if set up well. they are lighter and can be fidgets at speed - but I've limited time in later cars so cant make a strong comparison. T's like mine (71) aren't big on top end or torque but they are easy to drive and If using the road well and maintaining speed it remains sharp poised and i keep a pace of most of the guys I drive with.

Soon my car will be back on its wheels and will be fitted front rear with factory 15mm sway bars, std t bars, adj konis and elephant sport hardness rubber and some of Fenn Lanes Ti monoballs, rebuilt rack & turbo tie rods, cv's and some other bits...I'm going to corner weight it when doing the set up and look forward to finding how to deal with what I expect to be a transformed driver experience. the biggest improvement though will be made I think by fitting new tyres

best tried on an early morning after 3 macchiatos

Michel

if you float the car back to brissie palletise and put the gear on the truck with the car...or you could give it to me :) save the hassle

think of the paint condition another way testament and record to many hours of high fun

I just like the race car look with cage etc. And because I want to do some hillclimbs and track days in mine next year, so I'll be getting one fitted

Agreed, the side bits are bit OTT for a road car though

T-Man I expect to see you in this in Canberra at next years SMT, that cage might be a handy accessory to have if you get over-enthusiastic up in those wild Brindabella roads  :D

You must be thinking of T-2. He commandeered my car that morning!

WA 1986 light blue Carrera. If you were in the market for a narrow body then this has some things going for it. Very tide looking, lowish kn, G 50 gearbox and those deep sided seats look sensational. If this was an Australian car I reckon it would sell before the weekend.

Nice looking example. I like the colour / interior combo. Being a European car though,it would need a thorough PPI.

So.... looks like I have a line on not one, but two 911 Targas for very cheap. One has floor rust and is a shabby UK import 2.7, and the other a tidy but neglected 3.0L.

Both have been in storage between 2 and 5 years.  It never rains but it pours!

So.... looks like I have a line on not one, but two 911 Targas for very cheap. One has floor rust and is a shabby UK import 2.7, and the other a tidy but neglected 3.0L.

Both have been in storage between 2 and 5 years.  It never rains but it pours!

Very cheap?

The old adage goes "theres no such thing as a cheap Porsche..."  :D

Happy hunting

Not sure how this can be a G50 when the gearbox was introduced in 1987...either the description is wrong (86 model) or the G50 has been retrofitted...it would also have to be a converted car or a UK import..

Taking those things into consideration, for the asking price you could get into a nice Aussie delivered 3.2 ...G50 or 915 wouldn't matter. It may end up being a nice car but a local car with good history would be a better option in my opinion.