Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I couldn't find a link to this one in the thread, excuse me if it's already been posted...

Porsche 911 SC (1978) 3.0L

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301964828890

Fixer-upper?

Happy I got my SC when I did...

Yep, go back two pages to page 678 and you will see the before photos and the funny story behind it!

It's hard trying to find which cars have been discussed on this thread.

Men with small motors. Drive 911s.... :ph34r:

life is too short for boring grey and black interiors on sports cars.  Terracotta looks great.

interesting mph only speedo....what jurisdiction does that spring from?

Imported from UK

Imported from UK

yeah so is my car but it has kmh on the speedo as well per EU regs.  I can only see mph on this one.  Weird.  Maybe because it has a digital capability it passes that way.

I couldn't find a link to this one in the thread, excuse me if it's already been posted...

Porsche 911 SC (1978) 3.0L

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301964828890

Fixer-upper?

Happy I got my SC when I did...

Discussed on the previous page by current owner.  price is up there for what it is.

life is too short for boring grey and black interiors on sports cars.  Terracotta looks great.

interesting mph only speedo....what jurisdiction does that spring from?

Agreed, looks good, but is definitely boxter red as I was within a whisker of sending a deposit to buy it. Wasn't a fan initially but did change my tune and agree with the boring grey and black call.  Had plans for it, eg   alumilook center console and dashboard strips to match the door handles handbrake that  improves the appearance in my opinion and if that was still to much, speaking of black, add black carpet up to the door panels with the boxter red and alumi look console and that looks even better (I sighted that interior in a pic of another vehicle which had all that as factory options and looked really good.  But each to their own and I am  currently procrastinating on whether to go alumilook center console and dashboard strips to break all the black up instead on the car I did buy

yep....suspect there's more than one less than happy camper that thought they were selling to a 'Museum'... Did anyone here 'donate' hoping to get a tax break ?

if you check out the claytons website there must be 20 cars from the 'Museum' that are listed for sale there - Porsches, Jags, Fezzas. Definitely something dodgy going on 

Clay was pretty chuffed as he recently snagged the gig to be the Museums 'Senior Curator' ... the $$$ behind Oz's most recent cultural foray is bank rolling a woollahra annexe of the Museum. That way Clay can more readily manage visitor experience...

http://www.museumsaustralia.org.au/site/becomeaamember.php

though most Museums do have a deaccessioning policy, for a range of reasons they are never so public about it... If you do look at the Gosford museums stock  inventory there is some pretty uneven curatorial policy. Perhaps to do with an over enthusiastic 'buyer'. The National Gallery refer to their embarrassments as dogs, and hide them in the sub basement. What's a Miura? 

Edited by michel

Clay was pretty chuffed as he recently snagged the gig to be the Museums 'Senior Curator' ... the $$$ behind Oz's most recent cultural foray is bank rolling a woollahra annexe of the Museum. That way Clay can more readily manage visitor experience...

'tons' or 'wongs' - those clays always' have the best collections ;)