Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Ok, I have the details and price...

And...............

The only stuff that seems to be moving ATM are the really exceptional condition, big $$ cars with relatively low kms.  Everything else seems to have stalled.

Prices to fall more?

Not sure if it's the same car - but I (think) I looked at that car in 2012 when I bought my 996. I thought it was a cool car (and still do, seats excluded) but at the time just couldn't imagine being able to easily sell it if I changed my mind because it had sat on the market for a while..........from memory the car was being sold for $50k :huh:

if it wasn't that car it was very similar 

Prices to fall more?

I think for the ordinary 50% percentile cars that most of us drive the prices seem to continue to soften.  The 85% plus percentile the well to do and the collectors buy seem to still bring big $$ and seem pretty stable pricewise.

It's pretty difficult to get a handle on it since there isn't a lot of turnover and lots of variability in condition, km and models. 

1994 968 club sport 
Australian delivered numbers match. A good example with no evidence of racing or club work. Has books and history of work that has been carried out over the last few years. Alpine stereo upgrade along with hardback white matching recaros. Has new steering wheel and gear knob. Original seats and stereo come with car also a factory car cover. 202290 km on the clock  

Apparently looks and drives like a 50,000km car

1994 968 club sport 
Australian delivered numbers match. A good example with no evidence of racing or club work. Has books and history of work that has been carried out over the last few years. Alpine stereo upgrade along with hardback white matching recaros. Has new steering wheel and gear knob. Original seats and stereo come with car also a factory car cover. 202290 km on the clock  

price?

1994 968 club sport 

How much coin???

1994 968 club sport 

Awe come on, the price. Ok, I'll start the guessing, $43,000.

$85k. I was interested but just bad timing for me... PM me if you're interested, I may be able to get a better deal ;)

Awe come on, the price. Ok, I'll start the guessing, $43,000.

at $43,000 I'd be bragging to you all that I bought a 968CS today!

Last observation,  I sense apathy and boredom  and its quite amazing the disintegration of review and comments since the bull air cool market fell flat and the rest of the markets are generally wandering in an unknown wasteland right now post election/brexit and more.

It reminds me a bit of the day after scene in Don's Party where everyone is feeling a bit sheepish about how they behaved the day before and their wives are a bit cross.....

$85k. I was interested but just bad timing for me... PM me if you're interested, I may be able to get a better deal ;)

Gees i thought the blue one was overpriced, i had a conversation with someone several months ago about 968CS and how the value would go through the roof and i was scoffed at.

I suggested that prices would hit a $100k within a couple of years but in no way did i think the prices would be this high already.

I drove my first 968 last Saturday and i liked it, a torquey bit of kit that 3litre engine.

Add says 68500km and could all be down to the 5 digit display in the odo....?

You see a lot of 924/ 944s advertised with what the odo is showing but they could be 100k or 200k more..... full service history is only way to tell, no history assume the worst... for better or worse.

yep mines done nearly 3,000km in 34 years.

this

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1998/SSE-AD-4162951/?Cr=5

and this

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1969/SSE-AD-4162933/?Cr=4

are both own by the same guy.....I called him regarding the turbo and he also have a Mustang for sale.

He is selling these 3 cars for one car he just purchased in the U.S., can't remember what he bought.

what are the thought on the turbo guys? price seems cheap but the car history seems abit.....

it popped a a couple of days ago. Read back a few pages. Deposit taken the next morning.

didn't realise it was the same one - these red cars all look the same to me ?

I guess it didn't sell?

this

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1998/SSE-AD-4162951/?Cr=5

and this

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1969/SSE-AD-4162933/?Cr=4

are both own by the same guy.....I called him regarding the turbo and he also have a Mustang for sale.

He is selling these 3 cars for one car he just purchased in the U.S., can't remember what he bought.

what are the thought on the turbo guys? price seems cheap but the car history seems abit.....

personally I would love to have a look at that back date. Great project to further personalise...

quickly reading the spec that 993ttS is really a 99tttS in body only? - hence the pricing. A real one would now be $500k+. It it a legal road car? Not entirely sure with cage and all the mods but if so you got yourself a road legal/looking Race car. 

history aside, I wonder what the cost would be to return it to stock (non matching numbers of course)?

quickly reading the spec that 993ttS is really a 99tttS in body only? - hence the pricing. A real one would now be $500k+. It it a legal road car? Not entirely sure with cage and all the mods but if so you got yourself a road legal/looking Race car. 

history aside, I wonder what the cost would be to return it to stock (non matching numbers of course)?

I don't think this is quite the bargain it might seem, although I think the price is fair.

To start with, not only is it an import, but as a stolen/recovered from the UK, which means it is what is called a "Category D" car, which in turn means that the insurance has paid out for the full amount. Occasionally, this is because the car was recovered after payout, but usually, it means it was recovered needing some work. Cat D cars, even in perfect condition, sell at a substantial discount. So before you begin, you knock 20% off the value for the import and then 40-50% for cat D.

Next, it does not have the original engine. The one that it has (plus a spare!) is pretty special, but not only is it not matching numbers, it is the "wrong" engine". What does that knock off the value? Plus the history is "vague", which never help values.

Finally, it is a race car. I am not sure about getting it road registered, but with that cage, there are other issues as well. Race cars, unless historically significant, sell at a discount, because they need constant work. Unless it has been totally refreshed since it last raced, you have to expect it to need significant money spent over time.

Having said all of that, I saw it yesterday and tried hard to build a case that it was worth less than he was asking, but as said above, I really do think it is fairly priced. If I had the money, I would buy it, but I would do so knowing i would need to set aside a significant "car fund", just in case. I think it could make a very fun road car, and at least the cage is bolt in. I suspect you can forget all ideas of returning it to standard, because that would cost a small fortune, but so what. You would have one of the fastest and best handling cars on the road, that looks pretty hot as well.