Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Green Greed , from a good source had a offer wont take it ..must be a lot of drugs to drive the dillusion in them hills ..just like Byron 

i know many a car like that that will be sold for 50k by his family when they bury him 

Gents, ole Gunter and the mfi  has been done to death. I like more than a couple others made decent offers. He may have got greedy, he may received a bit of whispered prompting that revved him up. Certainly while I was there politely drinking coffee,  Gunter was the recipient of more than one call, and which if you had closed your eyes, would swear you were in one of the 'private rooms', les Bubbles circa 1987.  Unfortunately he fumbled the deal and  possibly could have walked with a plus 200k wedge of cash. At the time there were some big, hairy balls men allegedly swinging big, and offering a lot more to muscle-hustle. Not sure whether they were real in their intentions and or whether they were real.

Even a few weeks ago Gunter Indicated he was closing on 230k with a local Adelaide lad, within hours it was back on EBAY.

Last July different story no doubt - Momentum gone

Edited by michel

Firstly, I assume it is Australian delivered and has had a good service history until 5 years ago when it was parked up.

The car is originally blue and will need a full body respray.

The whole interior needs to be redone but apparently replacement interior parts come with the car. I didn't see the whole interior there.

New targa roof, new tyres, all hoses, may need the whole rewiring done, brakes etc. Car doesn't run so no idea what condition the motor or gearbox is in.

$19,990 is probably a fair price in today's market. 

Its basically a restoration car and he told me $40k won't buy the car anymore. Good luck sight unseen buyers. 

Firstly, I assume it is Australian delivered and has had a good service history until 5 years ago when it was parked up.

The car is originally blue and will need a full body respray.

The whole interior needs to be redone but apparently replacement interior parts come with the car. I didn't see the whole interior there.

New targa roof, new tyres, all hoses, may need the whole rewiring done, brakes etc. Car doesn't run so no idea what condition the motor or gearbox is in.

$19,990 is probably a fair price in today's market. 

Its basically a restoration car and he told me $40k won't buy the car anymore. Good luck sight unseen buyers. 

Thanks. I was going to take a look at the car but kids sport etc...Plus the guy is hard to catch and was non-committal when the car was available for inspection.

@djm.  Yes not the same car as the WA 750HP claimed artic silver car.  That had much better disclosure (x1000%)  on parts and mods and based on the photo's oand description provided.  The pics of the turbo's in that add, and the 30 plus psi manual gauge boost gauge  with a Porsche logo that I sighted all added weight to the headline claims.  I have never been a sceptic on the paper claims of that car.   eg the hardwear capability on paper matches the headline thesis (on a dyno, perhaps another story).  The turbo's and wastegaste setup appeared to wiff of hybrid k24;s  and I reckon very very smart setup having access to plumbed 30psi plus manual boost gauge (Porsche logo on it, - anyone know where do you pick one of those up) to read off that is independent of ECU boost reading which I understood won't record anywhere near 30psi.   Who would drop coin on a 30psi  plus boost guage setup unless your turbo's are capable of running those boost levels to support the hp thesis.

As you seem to be, I am left wondering what constitutes subtle engine upgrades to improve power.  Does that mean motor has been opened up.  Or are bolt ons like diverter valves, intake mods, considered engine mods.  Frankly, I am surprised to hear engine upgrades to improve power and no mention of a tune, mounts (engine and tranny mounts - aged / even new stock 996 ones one are useless) or wiff of suspension tweaks being perplexing / disturbing.   Maybe its all show and no go over a stock one or its go matches its show (nothing subtle about the wing and the rims and the number plate)  and the list of mods is too long that the owner wants to talk about his car to buyers as opposed to trying to sell it by disclosing them.  If its the latter, seems very cheap if in good nick. If it was me, I would have been at least all over the exhaust tips with some wool polish before taking the pics if I was selling.  Seems to me, its been driven at least, how very very fast, who knows based on that add.   Each to their own, but as you know, my thinking is diametrically opposed to that example in terms of using the terms subtle.   I'm into more stock as rock to the untrained eye even if you lift the bonnet.  However once on a hoist and you have a view from underneath, its not all as it seems and the go punches well above its show weight.

I knew I could bait you for a thesis 

I don't know why but geez I like these in white.  I baulked at these at 30-50k but since CTS hiked the prices, 70-80k seems strangely OK.  Am I right in thinking only 14 M030 CS Oz delivered?  Never driven one but I like them.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-968-1993/SSE-AD-4167437

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-968-1993/SSE-AD-4174293

Edited by DJM

M6X/7G - Dark Olive Metallic

I like it.  Nice change from hordes of silver and black most water cools are.

ME3

But I gotta confess I do like White ….. especially on these later cars ..I wonder what ever happened to Mr 650k Lava Orange

My screen is just frozen on this.. I wonder a sign from the gods .. do you reckon its vin numbers have anything to do with the US lotto picks ? Or even the Aus lotto picks..

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2016/SSE-AD-4152634/?Cr=32

Nah, wishful thinking. By definition a market needs buyers to be a, just that, a market! 

2carreras, 3 930's, 924gt - I'd say they have the pic of the quality 'excessable' merch right now Pete. Making all of our cars look that bit more valuable and they know how to shift p-cars.